Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

^^ Good stuff. This is the type of stuff we want to know. Keep it coming.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

Is there any chance you can let us know whether you plan to open a third PVE-EC destination?

Thank you very much. Can you also (in general terms) shed some light on why servers are being chosen for different roles or why certain servers are being done before others? Is it just what you think will fit that particular shape, random, some other metric?

No worries by the weekend I'm sure there will be a few thousand less subs due to the "gradual" process. I have to hand it to you guys you type a lot on here and really say nothing. It's all "maybes" and "what ifs" and "soon". Here's one thing that's a sure bet for you, June 20th 2012 you will be 15 dollars poorer.

Have a nice day.

My guess, the PVE and PVP server on EU are now full and the servers not selected for transfers so far are not enought populated for a new server destination to become healthy, so now BIOWARE need to think what they do with those server left:

Allow them to transfer to the already nearly full servers and risk queues.

Create a new destination and left the poor bastards, (im included) on a trash server with much lower population.

Well I consider myself lucky, I did not want to end up on ToFN. I hope they will make either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy a destination server and then those who want to actually transfer off of ToFN (Yes believe me there are lots) can head off either through paid or Bioware could allow transfers off for a short period. Or as has been suggested before, change an origins servers current destination.

Edited by SirLimbo

Yeah that seems like the more logical thing. Yes people could come back, like Legions of Lettow had 250 ppl online after 1.2 for about a week and then slowly died down. But don't forget those who left on other servers. When they return if they return either server caps will be raised or new transfers etc.

But in general I think this is what they're going for. Slowly raising the caps and working towards said super servers.

Course I could be totally wrong we may have 2 PvP servers one just being less populated. And then over time they may even out.

I don't mean to tease, but want the folks here to know that we're here, too, and we're reading everyone's comments and feedback. I also want everyone to know that even though there's no new information right now, we're ready to communicate it whenever it becomes available.

How is it too much to ask which servers you will offering transfers from? This ludicrous secrecy is doing you no favours. I am sitting on Luka Sene EU PVE which is so low on players now. I get online and see there are hardly any players on planets or in fleet and I just lose the will to play. I subscribed for 6 months and right now I am dithering as to whether I should carry on with it or not. I really like the game but I am BEYOND fed up with the lack of players. If my server does not get transfers I will cancel the sub so please tell me WILL LUKA SENE BE GETTING TRANSFERS OR NOT? YES OR NO. Thank you.

I've been patient so far, biding my time and not being vocal on this. BUT get to Belgoth's Beacon already, were one of 7 pvp servers in NA left, get us our transfer or send people to us already.

Or they could do something for the entire continent of Europe.

I've been patient so far, biding my time and not being vocal on this. BUT get to Belgoth's Beacon already, were one of 7 pvp servers in NA left, get us our transfer or send people to us already.

This is like how i feel but my server.

Thank you for opening a line of communications! As a customer service guy myself I understand the strain you guys are under. Being in Europe I must admit that I was rather flustered after not seeing any EU servers today.

I noticed Red Eclipse is stocking up nicely, which probably means my server (Peragus) won't be going there. :p

Anyhow, I just wanted to say I personally appreciate these tidbits - in the end they really help.. even if you don't get to give us any good news yet!

I've been able to transfer all but one of my chars from Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain. Although there are now 7 chars on the destination server, the transfer page claims there are 8, and thus does not allow the transfer of my last char. This has been the case yesterday and I assumed that it might just need time to properly update itself (had name-placeholders there and thus shortly 8 chars before I removed placeholder after placeholder and transferred the chars), but there was no progress even after a full day.

What now?

How is it too much to ask which servers you will offering transfers from? This ludicrous secrecy is doing you no favours. I am sitting on Luka Sene EU PVE which is so low on players now. I get online and see there are hardly any players on planets or in fleet and I just lose the will to play. I subscribed for 6 months and right now I am dithering as to whether I should carry on with it or not. I really like the game but I am BEYOND fed up with the lack of players. If my server does not get transfers I will cancel the sub so please tell me WILL LUKA SENE BE GETTING TRANSFERS OR NOT? YES OR NO. Thank you.

*assumes a community mod would know anything internally at BiOware that she isn't given to pass on.*

No worries by the weekend I'm sure there will be a few thousand less subs due to the "gradual" process. I have to hand it to you guys you type a lot on here and really say nothing. It's all "maybes" and "what ifs" and "soon". Here's one thing that's a sure bet for you, June 20th 2012 you will be 15 dollars poorer.

Have a nice day.

Precisely. It's so funny that the BW reps seems so active, yet they pretty much never say anything relevant. It's alway PR and damage control.

Keywords include: MAYBE, MIGHT, SOON, HOPEFULLY, VERY EXCITED.

:(

Have a nice day.

Wait... on the 20th your driving to Austin to pickpocket $15 from the CEO? Cause thats the only way you could really make them $15 poorer.

My request for information hasn't been addressed either. When I have chars on 3 EU PVE servers, none of which have yet been flagged for transfers, what do I do if all are flagged for same destination, esp since half are dark side and half light. I don't want, nor do I have room for all 14 on 1 server, I want my dark on 1 server and my light on another. Will BW give free transfers for the ones I can't transfer due to no slots? Part of my problem is I have 4 dark and 4 light on 1 server, so half can go with the ones from 1 of my servers, but the other 4 will be stuck, unless I can either choose another destination server, or get transfers for them to go to another server.

They haven't even addressed this issue in the FAQ I understand.

So please so light on this problem, as I have read that I am not the only one with this problem.

Can we get any info on the last 3 EU-PvP servers that havent gotten any info? Will we be going to Freedom Nadd or be merged into a dead server?

Indeed, for many servers.

Even if they can't say when and where; they surely can say whether a server is likely to be marked as origin so people can at least plan on something.

This vague keeping people in limbo is really poor.

I've been able to transfer all but one of my chars from Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain. Although there are now 7 chars on the destination server, the transfer page claims there are 8, and thus does not allow the transfer of my last char. This has been the case yesterday and I assumed that it might just need time to properly update itself (had name-placeholders there and thus shortly 8 chars before I removed placeholder after placeholder and transferred the chars), but there was no progress even after a full day.

What now?

Submit a ticket.

But you been watching the EU servers for a while now. You should have a lot of data now ??