Bad customer service

Yes this may be me blowing off some steam but Im pretty pissed off. I understand this is a new game and i understand that their are bugs. but when I paid 60 bucks for a game and 15 for a sub I expect to be able to play that game. I can't enter flashpoints because my characters bugged. I have to play at small amounts because i just hit the computure restart issue today. I have major ui issues popping up which is a minor incon but not something thats make or break. And Im now finding out the patches being done arn't even to address play issues, their to address cosmetic issues like emotes and mounts.

Point in case is you released swtor to early and didn't fix the major inconvienant bugs that are serious enough they fried peoples comps. Or make it so I can't play with all my buddies because i can't enter a flashpoint. Yes your working your but off and i get it. But I dont go to a steakhouse and order a steak only to get it half cooked, than im told, well the cooks new so cut him some slack and pay full price for it.

If your giving out half completed games with major bugs you shouldn't be forcing people to pay full price for a sub. Beta was free, Were STILL in beta. were just paying for it

Yes this may be me blowing off some steam but Im pretty pissed off. I understand this is a new game and i understand that their are bugs. but when I paid 60 bucks for a game and 15 for a sub I expect to be able to play that game. I can't enter flashpoints because my characters bugged. I have to play at small amounts because i just hit the computure restart issue today. I have major ui issues popping up which is a minor incon but not something thats make or break. And Im now finding out the patches being done arn't even to address play issues, their to address cosmetic issues like emotes and mounts.

Point in case is you released swtor to early and didn't fix the major inconvienant bugs that are serious enough they fried peoples comps. Or make it so I can't play with all my buddies because i can't enter a flashpoint. Yes your working your but off and i get it. But I dont go to a steakhouse and order a steak only to get it half cooked, than im told, well the cooks new so cut him some slack and pay full price for it.

If your giving out half completed games with major bugs you shouldn't be forcing people to pay full price for a sub. Beta was free, Were STILL in beta. were just paying for it

Welcome to the world of MMOs.. The games are never truly done no matter how much you wish and believe they were.

Like I said i can understand the whole Working things out. But bugs that cause peoples systems to reboot over and over to the point that it destroys their comp isn't a common "lag" issue. I egt the whole loot being distributed and cant do this or that. My issue isn't with the 3 time a week patches or ui glitches. My issue is with their priority system. My issue is that if such severe problems happen that make the ability to play the game happen, or issues that threaten not just the game but a persons system are happening. than they need to either suspend play or wait to release the game. these issues are a month old. say on the average law of statistics we use a .05 statistical error probability which is the amount generally used and this game has 1 million people, (not saying they do). Than the game crashing comp destroying bug can effect 50000 people. thats unacceptable. bleh either way it was just a rant. i know bioware/EA don't care. their just trying to show quarter profits and they released it early to make some of the dev money back and in my opinion purposly released the game to early. I invision them sitting at a table saying "yea their are changes to be made but we can take the first 2 months and patch them in while people play" But they didnt realize how serious some of these bugs are.

Like I said i can understand the whole Working things out. But bugs that cause peoples systems to reboot over and over to the point that it destroys their comp isn't a common "lag" issue.

Where do people get the idea that a program running in user space can do this? Unless the program is for some insane reason making an API call to the normal Windows libraries that handle rebooting (it's almost certainly not), it just plain cannot happen. And in that case you would see a normal shutdown process anyway, not what you seem to imply is happening.

Rebooting the machine (BSOD?) is either a hardware issue (heat, timing, power stability, etc), or a DRIVER problem, which runs in KERNEL space. There is a difference, and they are two separate areas of the OS entirely. User space programs do not have access sufficient to crash the kernel independently, it must be paired with a fault somewhere else in the machine.

So at the worst, the program is just exposing an existing flaw. You really are pointing the finger in the wrong direction here. Assuming no other problems existed, the worst thing you are going to see happen is the kernel gracefully shutting down the program, and possibly telling you why it had to happen.

Edited by PlasmaChroma

Check the temp of your CPU/GPU, the reboots might be related to this. Too small PSU could cause such issues too.

This

It amuses me how many people whine to CS about issues that are not in any way caused by the product they're calling about

Where do people get the idea that a program running in user space can do this? Unless the program is for some insane reason making an API call to the normal Windows libraries that handle rebooting (it's almost certainly not), it just plain cannot happen. And in that case you would see a normal shutdown process anyway, not what you seem to imply is happening.

Rebooting the machine (BSOD?) is either a hardware issue (heat, timing, power stability, etc), or a DRIVER problem, which runs in KERNEL space. There is a difference, and they are two separate areas of the OS entirely. User space programs do not have access sufficient to crash the kernel independently, it must be paired with a fault somewhere else in the machine.

So at the worst, the program is just exposing an existing flaw. You really are pointing the finger in the wrong direction here. Assuming no other problems existed, the worst thing you are going to see happen is the kernel gracefully shutting down the program, and possibly telling you why it had to happen.

So very right. All these "game breaking bugs" are more related to the PC the client is being played on. Also for the OP, the amount of people unable to play like you is rather small compared with the number that are able to play, which makes any of these that are BW bugs much harder to track down and troubleshoot.

Everyone needs to stop complaining about the mounted emote fix, really. You have no idea what a bug fix entails do you? Do you know how much time the mount fix took? And for your problems that are not consistent across all players, how much time do you think it takes to track those down? Unless you are with the Dev's and can prove that they're leaving your "major" issues to the side while they fix cosmetic things, don't whine that you're being left behind. For all you know, while in researching your problem, some programmer changed a single line of code to fix the emote problem and then continued on, wading through millions of lines of code, just to find your issue.

90% of people that play MMO's have no clue how a computer REALLY works. They THINK they do, but they don't, and then they run around screaming nonsense. So sadly, yes, his computer sucks and he's blaming someone else for it.

Now, granted, there are some major performance issues in this game.

Also, 76.5% of stats are made up.

So before you decided to rag and flame. Im running ample comp resources to handle this game easily. quad core 16gig ddr3 1060 w power supply and three 6 inch verticle fans on the side with a gforce 590 graphics card. Tower is a server tower. the problem isn't with the program entering and causing the reboots. But you would know this if you had done research and read any of the numerous posts in customer service, which this post was supposed to go to but didn't. The problem is the program is causing either a corruption of ram, or causing the comp to overheat and shut down. It starts with swtor and eventually leads to other programs and games.

See here its even stickied. didn't see how you could even miss it if you went and did the right research

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=163045

This type of a bug is unacceptable to any mmo standards.

But nice try. But just maybe for a though the engine bw is using is screwed and they just don't want to admit it.

P>S explain to me how not being able to enter a flashpoint because Im locked even though I never stepped foot in one or the fact my companion in conversations show up as 2 inches tall, or the fact my credits dissapear when being mailed to an alt, or the fact this post went to the wrong forum listing, or the fact....... has anything to do with my hardware.

Edited by Gazingdarkness

Just an FYI the sticky posted does address the issues but there are relatively few people with the issues plus you have people who say they bought a "brand new" computer and it broke due to SWTOR because that's all they played on it... comments like these make me wonder if the computer had a problem and just using caused it to break regardless of SWTOR.

Drivers are another issue, dual cards cause tons of issues in many games and I've seen a few people report that their crashes stopped after they turned off the dual cards.

Hopefully the issue gets fixed but I have a hankering it really is more of a hardware/driver issue than SWTOR itself. But hey everyone wants to be an expert at PCs I'll let them be. The game works fine for me. No crashes, and no hard reboots. But I have had very similar issues in other games on older computers... all of which were fixed by drivers, and realizing that my case was way too hot and the GPU crapped out or the computer restarted for safety.

I understand mostly it is a hardware issue with alot of people. I know it will end up being worked out in the end. My response was solely in the fact that everyone on here made assumptions I didn't know comps. I know 90 percent of the issue is either my driver or something on my end I.E Dust or inoperable fan. But if i play mmos as well as rpgs (Dues EX, Oblivion, ect) with zero issues and I start playing this game and all of a sudden my comp which plays wow on ultimate settings is having issues i find it hard that BW isnt to blame for the 10 percent thats causing my 90 percent to corrupt my comp. my argum,ent is the 10 percent they are saying is all our comps (coincidence?) is garbage. Their engine is causing our video cards to run at such high speeds its frying them. That nothing I can do will change as Im running the highest vid card i can get

So before you decided to rag and flame. Im running ample comp resources to handle this game easily. quad core 16gig ddr3 1060 w power supply and three 6 inch verticle fans on the side with a gforce 590 graphics card. Tower is a server tower. the problem isn't with the program entering and causing the reboots. But you would know this if you had done research and read any of the numerous posts in customer service, which this post was supposed to go to but didn't. The problem is the program is causing either a corruption of ram, or causing the comp to overheat and shut down. It starts with swtor and eventually leads to other programs and games.

See here its even stickied. didn't see how you could even miss it if you went and did the right research

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=163045

This type of a bug is unacceptable to any mmo standards.

But nice try. But just maybe for a though the engine bw is using is screwed and they just don't want to admit it.

P>S explain to me how not being able to enter a flashpoint because Im locked even though I never stepped foot in one or the fact my companion in conversations show up as 2 inches tall, or the fact my credits dissapear when being mailed to an alt, or the fact this post went to the wrong forum listing, or the fact....... has anything to do with my hardware.

This sticky addresses hardware/driver faults. The application would bring these to light, but not create them. While I sympathize with your situation, either your configuration, hardware faults or drivers are the cause for your reboots. The fact that BioWare is trying to help people identify the issues is above and beyond most gaming companies.

If you were more specific on your computer build I may be to help. Your computer description is somewhat vague. From what you describe you 'should' be fine, but I can tell you from my own experience that this game draws more from my rig then Skyrim/Crysis 2 on ultra on certain occasions.

My problem fixed itself. I ran a bios program to find out what my videocard clocks were and went into my settings and set limits on my video cards limits. And the problem was biowares engine. It was sending my vid card into overclocking and causing a switch to click shutting my system down before it friend. Problem im having is that most people who dont have advanced comp understanding dont know how to set limits on clocking. or use programs to run their clock speeds. My entire argument is made right in that. If all I had to do was run a program to find out what the issue was why hasn't bioware informed the other players of the fix. And thats because they are blamming bad cooling or dust when its the engine they are using thats causing the videocard to clock so fast it triggers the (nothbridge?) not sure which chip to kick its failsafe. either way. this entire conversation was a rant. Is my system at fault yes. Is bioware at fault yes. Only reason why people are even arguing about it is because they are feeling sypathetic for the developers. fact in point the devs have a job to do. Just because its an mmo doesn't excuse them from the poor work done to either address or fix their end of the problem. If they can't than they shouldn't have released swtor yet till it was fixed. A videogame shouldn't be the cause of a $1400 comp meltdown. any arguments are null at the fact theirs more bug reports being posted than any other forum. the release while smooth and staggered was good. the wuality of game is bad and needs major work done. Why do people get this unrealistic viewpoint that a devs job is hard. Its not, and why are their standards not held to the rest of society. if you went to your boss with unfinished work hed want you to finish it before it was released. and while the beta may have been productive it clearly missed major bugs that have potentially fatal consequences on peoples comps.