[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They keep changing their stance on 8 man rated WZs. 1 year out before launch. 8mans were going into the game. 6 months out 8mans Qs were only going to be for rated. Again, they have pushed it back.

While i know this is not a PvP only game Bioware has literally destroyed all PvP in this game. Illum was a disaster and they have basically made it so you don't even go out there with the latest patch. Now for PvP guild's such as mine that enjoy grouping together and a more competitive scene, this news. A Lot of us were waiting for 1.2 but this is really the nail in the coffin for me. /unsub.

I will definitely check back in a year or so and see what they have done but until then gl to all.

This is pretty bad... I wonder if BioWare even cares about what the community has to say. Obviously the 8-player queuing is important to the community, why not implement it now? Apologies using the "not working as intended" excuse only work for so long... At some point or another, people will begin to realize that they are in WAY over their heads.

I hope this doesn't affect the populations even more...

Your *********** serious BW ? Pah I bet most of the pvp guilds will quit the game...

How can you think that it is a good idea to implant RATED bgs with damn Randon Players...

If you are not competent enough to implant 8 man groups, then make rated WZ'S 4 man group ONLY ,mean no one without Group can join Rated Queue...

Better 2 Premades vs 2 Premades then 1 Premade+random vs Randoms /premade+randoms...

just one thing .... YOU *********** FAIL

Edited by scysis

Just to clarify, since I've seen this question a number of times in this thread. What we said was:

• Cross-server PvP queuing is in the works
  • Once it launches, it will allow us to do things such as:
  • More level bracketing

• 8-man premade queuing

• Ability to queue for a specific warzone

There is no current timeline for this feature, and there's also no guarantee that it will all happen at once, but cross-server queuing will open up a bunch of possibilities for us. Once we have more details, of course, we will let you know.

You people are a joke right? Seriously? If you haven't damaged yourself enough, this is the last straw. What's the point of not being able to field an 8 man team? You don't want random pugs to get smashed? That's the point behind ranked right? And another MMO bites the dust!

I dont even understand how you can add a Ranked Warzone system but only allow 4 people to queue at once. That means you are at the mercy of your pugs, how can you be scored is there like a handicap rating?

For weeks I have been seeing my members drop in activity, I told them to take a break hopefully 1.2 will breath some life back into the game for them, but sadly it doesnt look like thats going to be the case. We are a PvP centered guild, and we were waiting for Ranked Warzones, however with the news of no 8man queues, there is no point.

I have officially as of about 10min ago pulled my guild from this game and told them all to unsub. We arent a large guild so they(bioware) wont feel or even notice the loss of income, but it is minus 50 subs. And the cause of those lost subs is poor management and development.

Good luck to everyone who is remaining to play and pay.

Kona

Feral Uprising

If would be nice to get some feedback from Gabe, but the people who read this probably don't even pass this information to him or Georg.

Basically all you are doing is adding a rating system to the current WZ setup and thus your ability to win/lose will be based on the hope that the other 4 people you team up with are not brand new 50s or just those who lack the ability in PvP, but want to PvP.

I would almost say a rank requirement should be a pre-req for Ranked (Irony) Warzones and since you made getting Valour so much easier, bring it to rank 60, at least if I do get random people there is a good chance they have done enough PvP to know a little, but seriously, you will get a lot of complaints on people losing rank because they had an afk player (who they had to kick) which means the starts are effected while waiting for another player to join.

I do wonder how the meetings go on these kind of ideas and I can only surmise that when you are so close to something you don't see it clearly and should step back and take a good look at it.

So let me get this clear. You mentioned 8 man queuing at the guild summit. How do you think your customer base would feel if you changed your mind on that? Also how can you expect people to be ranked, if they have to be queued with people they do not know? More often then not pugs never do what you expect them to do, nor are they in vent to give us heads up. Or worse, give up when they get there 4 medals (btw you should take away the rewards for this, unless they win, at least lower it drastically.. it does not matter if you lose right now)

You guys should wait to release ranked warzones, if you are not going to release 8 man queue with it.

I really hope that David Bass is idiot and does not know what he is talking about. Or you really need to have a sit down with the people that think it is a good idea not to release 8 man queuing.

Just to clarify, since I've seen this question a number of times in this thread. What we said was:

• Cross-server PvP queuing is in the works
  • Once it launches, it will allow us to do things such as:
  • More level bracketing

• 8-man premade queuing

• Ability to queue for a specific warzone

There is no current timeline for this feature, and there's also no guarantee that it will all happen at once, but cross-server queuing will open up a bunch of possibilities for us. Once we have more details, of course, we will let you know.

I used to be a big proponent of level bracketing when we had to deal with the geared level 50s being in the same WZ as level 15s and level 24s, etc. But now that the level 50s are separated, level gaps don't feel like as much of an issue. The bolster effect actually works pretty well when max level PvP gear isn't involved. My level 18 Gunslinger is capable of handing a level 46 player their butt on a platter, so long as I play my cards right. They do have an advantage, but it's more in versatile utility than anything else. I rarely come across someone that I don't at least feel like I put up a good fight against, even if I lose.

So my question is: Will this be a 'hard' bracketing system, in that only levels 10-19 fight against each other and only levels 30-39 fight against each other (ala every other MMO)? Or will it be a 'soft' bracketing system, where the game attempts to group players together in closer level ranges, but will accept wider level ranges to moderate queue times and if players in different level brackets want to queue together?

Basically, I'm wondering if I will be able to queue up with my friend who levels up in our previous Warzone and is now in another level bracket? Or if I will have to grind my way up 15 levels before I can play with my other friend because he has more time to play than I do? Currently, I don't have to do this, as I can decide to queue up today with my 18 Gunslinger alt to mix things up a bit, even though my best friend is playing his 42 Mercenary main, and we can still play together, and I love it.

8-man queuing is essential. The fact you cannot make a group of all guild-mates/friends to do ranked war-zones is absurd. If this patch is released without full premade capabilities you will see a LOT of backlash. Terrible idea, no reason not to have 8-mans implemented now.

This.

The lack of 8 man queueing makes ranked group pvp fundamentally flawed. This is a very basic functionality in group PvP that is just a failure that it's not implemented by now.

8-man queuing is essential. The fact you cannot make a group of all guild-mates/friends to do ranked war-zones is absurd. If this patch is released without full premade capabilities you will see a LOT of backlash. Terrible idea, no reason not to have 8-mans implemented now.

David was trying to clarify the 'Future of Warzones' section of the PvP presentation, but that's caused a bit more confusion; apologies. I huddled with Gabe Amatangelo about this question and got a definitive answer.

You can queue as an eight-man Operations group in Game Update 1.2, for ranked Warzones only.

In the future, whenever cross-server Warzone queuing is possible, the plan is to allow people to create teams of eight which can be named, etc.

The PvP team is aware of the importance of ranked Warzones and PvP rankings in general, hence allowing eight-man queuing. Apologies again for the confusion. We hope everyone's going to enjoy the feature!

no 8 man queud for ranked wrazone in 1.2 means i canceled my subs i dont gonna pay a game where i cant queued whit my full premade in a premade system ranking gg

RANKING = PREMADE

PREMADE = A LOT OF FRIEND TOGETHER

if you cant queue more than 8 than you dont deserve to play ranking

David was trying to clarify the 'Future of Warzones' section of the PvP presentation, but that's caused a bit more confusion; apologies. I huddled with Gabe Amatangelo about this question and got a definitive answer.

You can queue as an eight-man Operations group in Game Update 1.2, for ranked Warzones only.

In the future, whenever cross-server Warzone queuing is possible, the plan is to allow people to create teams of eight which can be named, etc.

The PvP team is aware of the importance of ranked Warzones and PvP rankings in general, hence allowing eight-man queuing. Apologies again for the confusion. We hope everyone's going to enjoy the feature!

Thank you for the quick update, the way he worded it almost killed your game as that post was spreading like wildfire everywhere.

Oh wow, consider my complaint retracted. Thank you good sir, enjoy Ireland!

Not sure if I'd go so far as to "save" the game. There still isn't a incentive to do any form of World PvP. Furthermore how long do you think an average players attention span is when PvP'ing in a confined space or map? Probably not long (which actually may be a good think when you think about health - lol).

Just saying. I am probably only one of the few who enjoy open world PvP yet still play the game. While not perfect I do have some fun in the warzones. However, there really isn't an inventive I don't think try as hard as I do to argue otherwise.

Before patch I was valor rank 55. Now it seems everyone is all of a sudden battlemaster and beyond. Yeah it scales upward, I've seen the graphs. But not sure I'm understanding what is next in line for the game as it relates to PvP (may be my fault though and being ignorant).

I'd like to see something to encourage world PvP. I'd also like to see a web portal like DaOC had whereas you could find the weekly statistics for various things. Both silly and epic. At least that way you would have a reason to do either I guess.

I mean:

Highest hit / damage or heal

Strangest place to die

Longest win/loss ratio

Total kills, win, losses

Highest rank per class, sub class, etc

I don't know - seems like you could get pretty crazy in what you could do to make it eventful and challenging yet encourage it.