[PvP] Best Augments for PT Tank

Derzelaz

I have little experience with tanking. I just got full 208 gear for my PT tank, and now I want to augment him correctly for ranked.

So far, I've heard 3 versions as to what is best right now: full Endurance, full Crit and I heard that some even use Alacrity augments.

Which augments should I go for ?

• 2 weeks later...
When in doubt with a tank I go full endurance, the extra crit and whatnot can always be gotten via use of lethal 40B mods and the like after all, but as they say your mileage may vary depending on your approach, for my tank I go endurance, but the validity of going crit is there as well. You want to be at a comfortable health though incase you arent full mitigation, if you are full mitigation/tank then go with what you lack the most I suppose

• 2 months later...
When in doubt with a tank I go full endurance, the extra crit and whatnot can always be gotten via use of lethal 40B mods and the like after all, but as they say your mileage may vary depending on your approach, for my tank I go endurance, but the validity of going crit is there as well. You want to be at a comfortable health though incase you arent full mitigation, if you are full mitigation/tank then go with what you lack the most I suppose

You are correct, on all tanks it is recommended for PVP that you go endurance. You may ask "but why"? The short version is because more health means you live longer. The longer version is because of min/max dps stacking crit which defeats most of your defensive stats. The only way to decrease incoming damage from this is by defense or by increasing HP. I'd rather go in with 90k HP and get hit by a 15k ambush and rely on 20% shield than go in with 73K HP with 30% shield. If the hit lands on 90k - 15k - 75k is better than taking that extra 10% and it landing as 73k - 15k = 58k, its just better in the long run.