Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Quinn faked bad dancing and let his Empress win :D

I got myself a Nalargon - I have no idea what a decent price is - I just got the cheapest one, ready for Rishi which will be my new home for Quinn & Theron IF the layout is good and the door/icon/button to travel to planet/ship/fleet is located in a good position (unlike Tatooine's).

Cool! They've been running pretty expensive, ranging from about 15 million to 35 million. I did however get very lucky and picked mine up for 12 million. :)

I look forward to seeing more about the stronghold in tonight's Twitch. :)

Cool! They've been running pretty expensive, ranging from about 15 million to 35 million. I did however get very lucky and picked mine up for 12 million. :)

I look forward to seeing more about the stronghold in tonight's Twitch. :)

I missed everything! I had no idea any of that was happening :( Now to catch up.

I missed everything! I had no idea any of that was happening :( Now to catch up.

Honestly, the stronghold was a letdown, lots of wasted space with ramps and platforms. It looks slummy and dingy and I'd hope for a more resort like area, but get this hideous, gross, grubby stronghold. It's large, has many hooks, but to make a proper home out of it? Good freaking luck.

Honestly, the stronghold was a letdown, lots of wasted space with ramps and platforms. It looks slummy and dingy and I'd hope for a more resort like area, but get this hideous, gross, grubby stronghold. It's large, has many hooks, but to make a proper home out of it? Good freaking luck.

I just saw the screenshots and JennyF's post in another thread about the slummyness & I agree. I'm really disappointed and have lost interest completely. I will take a look properly, as i want to give some feedback but I think I will just spend time redecorating the strongholds I have until they create one that's designed for the decorators who want to actually make a swtor home. I'd much rather have another stronghold that's a similar size to Nar Shadaa on the inside with a with the brightness of the Manaan stronghold and some additional outdoor space with a bit of greenery. Maybe they should have made two Rishi strongholds; one that we (the decorators) would like, based on the Rishi town with all it's wooden floors and interesting areas, that included outside space with beach and green areas. The other sprawling, slummy grungy one could have been for the PvPers. It seems yet again the game has been designed for the devs personal in-game preferences/priorities. Given that the full patch is scheduled for release on 31st July, I'm pretty sure they will not be making any changes and the PTS has been added to give people something to rather than have several months of nothing.

Oh well, back to making more Quinns :)

I'm right there with you. You know the place smells, it looks smelly. Quinn would find it smelly. My Quinn doesn't belong in a slum, he belongs in a tiki hut on the beach, with open windows and a sea breeze to ruffle his hair. Sipping Mai Tais at a cabana on the beach, long naked moonlight swims, sinking his toes into silvery sands and lounging under a sky full of stars. My Quinn deserves to be pampered.

I just saw the screenshots and JennyF's post in another thread about the slummyness & I agree. I'm really disappointed and have lost interest completely. I will take a look properly, as i want to give some feedback but I think I will just spend time redecorating the strongholds I have until they create one that's designed for the decorators who want to actually make a swtor home. I'd much rather have another stronghold that's a similar size to Nar Shadaa on the inside with a with the brightness of the Manaan stronghold and some additional outdoor space with a bit of greenery. Maybe they should have made two Rishi strongholds; one that we (the decorators) would like, based on the Rishi town with all it's wooden floors and interesting areas, that included outside space with beach and green areas. The other sprawling, slummy grungy one could have been for the PvPers. It seems yet again the game has been designed for the devs personal in-game preferences/priorities. Given that the full patch is scheduled for release on 31st July, I'm pretty sure they will not be making any changes and the PTS has been added to give people something to rather than have several months of nothing.

Oh well, back to making more Quinns :)

It would be nice if they made a 'decorator's stronghold.' Like you say, it seems the devs have made a thing that *they* find exciting and everyone who is not into pvp can go fly a kite. :( I doubt they'll make any changes either, but I still left feedback about the esthetics, so they hopefully get the message that a nice house in a beautiful local is desired. I fail to understand who wants to live in a filthy, grubby, grunge pit. Don't know if I'll get it or not, I suppose it depends on how bored I get and how many millions are burning a hole in my legacy bank. I bought the train and it sucked too. The challenge was to make it 'not suck.' I may have to try that with this latest scrapheap. :(

I'm right there with you. You know the place smells, it looks smelly. Quinn would find it smelly. My Quinn doesn't belong in a slum, he belongs in a tiki hut on the beach, with open windows and a sea breeze to ruffle his hair. Sipping Mai Tais at a cabana on the beach, long naked moonlight swims, sinking his toes into silvery sands and lounging under a sky full of stars. My Quinn deserves to be pampered.

Exactly so! Quinn deserves the best. We deserve the best too. It would be cool to have half the house in the day and half at night, so depending on your mood you can go enjoy the night or the day. :D

That would indeed have been awesome. Are Ortolons available as personnel decorations? I should look that up. Meanwhile I have been for a spy - looks great:

Sarova and Malavai Dance Off 1

Sarova and Malavai Dance Off 2

I really should learn how to edit and upload videos as they would have been better than the screenshots.

I didn't join the dance off, but my lightning soc., Hopkins, came to jam with the boys.

It would be nice if they made a 'decorator's stronghold.' Like you say, it seems the devs have made a thing that *they* find exciting and everyone who is not into pvp can go fly a kite. :( I doubt they'll make any changes either, but I still left feedback about the esthetics, so they hopefully get the message that a nice house in a beautiful local is desired. I fail to understand who wants to live in a filthy, grubby, grunge pit. Don't know if I'll get it or not, I suppose it depends on how bored I get and how many millions are burning a hole in my legacy bank. I bought the train and it sucked too. The challenge was to make it 'not suck.' I may have to try that with this latest scrapheap. :(
After many, many hours of downloading and installing, I finally took a look for myself. I was not impressed. In fact I was much more disappointed than I thought I would be. I've added my feedback & suggestions if anyone wants to read them. The beach with the little turtle and the tiny island were the only decent areas (and the sound for the beach was perfect). Otherwise it is a disaster for those who want a home to decorate. I feel sorry for the <Theronnites> guild; weren't they going to use the new Rishi stronghold as their guild one? They might prefer Yavin. I can't justify the spend just for the beach and island and I don't think any amount of decorating is going to improve the junk filled areas. Why are the developers going for size over aesthetics? Is it an epeen thing?
With exception of the little island the the small beach area, you're right - it probably smells just like it looks; awful! I was really hoping for an alternative to Nar Shaddaa for Quinn (since he agrees with Baras about how awful that place is), however Nar Shaddaa will remain my favourite stronghold for the moment.
It would be cool to have day and night cycles, but that's just one more thing for me to headcanon cause I know it'll never happen.
It's shame. I used to play Wildstar and they have day/night cycles (but no real story so the game didn't hold my interest).
I didn't join the dance off, but my lightning soc., Hopkins, came to jam with the boys.
Awesome! :D I didn't think of doing an instrument emote - getting screenshots of the dance-off was tricky. Instrument remote would have been easier for me

I'd been saving my credits up to buy this SH and really get into fully decorating it. Rishi has been #1 on my list for Strongholds ever since playing Shadows of Revan and I was going to make a tranquil home there with Theron. Guess now I won't and I'll be moving to Yavin instead because while some small areas are 'decent' (and that's being generous), overall Rishi just isn't worth the cost. I cannot classify this as a home or tell my characters "Congratulations on all you've accomplished in the past 13 years. Here is a junkyard for your efforts, enjoy!". I'm kinda gutted after waiting for so long to get a Rishi SH that this is the look and built they went with and it feels they most certainly prioritized PvP, dirty fighting, and skirmishes over a home functionality both in layout and aesthetically. Might be nice for some but it's not for me, not even for my Smuggler who'd beat me over the head if I dared stick her in the slums.

I wonder how much better Stronghold designs would be if they took on our women's perspective? The layouts and designs are fairly masculine. I was so looking forward to making my Rishi beach resort with band and bars and beach stuff :( It's a pity we can't buy multiple strongholds of the same type - I'd buy another Nar Shaddaa in a second. Unfortunately when the merge happened deleted my extra Kaas City and Nar Shaddaa strongholds after the rumour of the incoming Rishi stronghold. I'm now wishing I hadn't - the new stronghold is so disappointing for me.

There's new nothing to look forward to in this game for the entire summer. I can't see any companions returning until late September (and that's if there's no delays) and i'm guessing despite what the devs say, we'll get no new story stuff until December. Thank goodness they've left the class stories in so we can make more warriors and start more Quinn stories.

I wonder how much better Stronghold designs would be if they took on our women's perspective? The layouts and designs are fairly masculine. I was so looking forward to making my Rishi beach resort with band and bars and beach stuff :( It's a pity we can't buy multiple strongholds of the same type - I'd buy another Nar Shaddaa in a second. Unfortunately when the merge happened deleted my extra Kaas City and Nar Shaddaa strongholds after the rumour of the incoming Rishi stronghold. I'm now wishing I hadn't - the new stronghold is so disappointing for me.

There's new nothing to look forward to in this game for the entire summer. I can't see any companions returning until late September (and that's if there's no delays) and i'm guessing despite what the devs say, we'll get no new story stuff until December. Thank goodness they've left the class stories in so we can make more warriors and start more Quinn stories.

Luckily I kept my second Nar Shaddaa and may buy Yavin after all, though I'm not fond of the bigger strongholds. Nar Shaddaa is actually quite the perfect size, imo. I may just finish my Tatooine and second Nar Shaddaa and call it a day. They can keep Rishi. It's not worth the credit sink it will be.

And you are right that summer is going to be a long drought content-wise. I'm not expecting any new story until first quarter 2019, December would be nice but I'm not counting on it. Maybe we'll get a companion or two back in Sept. but I don't count on that either. Guess I'll make another JK for Scourge's return, IF he comes back as a LI. And yes, there's always another SW to make for more Quinns. There can never be enough Quinns.

Guess I'll make another JK for Scourge's return, IF he comes back as a LI.

This is exactly what I did because of the rumour Scourge is returning as an LI, however when the news came that no companions are returning in July/over the summer as originally suggested, my new JK is in limbo :( More Quinn has saved the day and I've also got an new BH on the go.

I've got a new name for the Qinnmancers.... Qinnaholics Anonymous :D Bringing new meaning to the term QA :D

Yes I'm feeling a little silly. Most of us have more than one warrior and therefor more than one Quinn. :)

I found a flaw in your logic - those of us in here are definitely not anonymous - we shout our Quinn love from the roof-tops, state it in our signatures and rub it in the haters faces :D

(The lurkers on the other hand.....;):p)

I found a flaw in your logic - those of us in here are definitely not anonymous - we shout our Quinn love from the roof-tops, state it in our signatures and rub it in the haters faces :D

(The lurkers on the other hand.....;):p)

I never said it was logical :p:D

I put this up on the fan fiction site, but since it directly relates to Malavai Quinn, I thought his fans might like to read it too. Although I am an independent author, this is my first attempt at writing fan fiction so forgive me any missteps in an unfamiliar genre.

-------------

Major Malavai Quinn - Watching from the shadows

He watched her furtively and from the shadows. His dark eyes drank in her face, and concealed by the heavy robes that she habitually wore, he imagined and remembered his hands caressing her lithe form, the slender yet incredibly strong body that he had known so well and so intimately. Even after five years encased in carbonite she seemed to him unaltered – her long pale hair still habitually tied back in a ponytail, her fringe falling across the terrible burn that marred one side of her otherwise perfect face, a burn that she never spoke about, presumably from a time before she trained as Sith.

Sul, his Sith Warrior wife and lord, now the Commander of a ragtag Alliance built from the outcasts of Imperial, Republic and other forces. He was told that she was truly formidable but this fact he already knew. From years of fighting by her side he knew that none had bested her – which is why he had bestowed upon her the honourific ‘Invicta’ – Unconquered, a title that she humbly accepted, not because it was the truth, but because it came from him, and their love at the time seemed unconquered too.

He wondered too about her five years in carbonite, and he touched again the much folded letter in his inside tunic pocket. It was a letter from Medical HQ that had confirmed that Sul was with child, his child – a letter sent to their apartment too late for her to know. Hours earlier she had vanished from the universe, vanished without a trace. He had searched for her for years, wondering where she could be, wondering if she birthed their child. Five years in carbonite! Perhaps now warmed his child still grew within her, unknown and unnoticed or perhaps it had died in-vitro, subsumed by the cold carbonite.

As he stared at her, he yearned to join her, stand by her side again, but two things gave him pause. Her new rank mattered little to him, but the tall man stalking by her side, the one with the implants tattooing his face, seemed oddly possessive of her and at times their fingers brushed – it was clear that this Theron Shan, this ex-Republic spy was now important to Sul, was important in his wife’s new life. The idea that they could be intimate together set his teeth on edge but he did not blame her if she had succumbed, for she was passion personified and passion would always seek an outlet. In that aspect she was true Sith.

However, it always sat oddly with him that Sul had always yearned and strove towards the Light. Countless times she had sheathed her weapon and turned aside instead of going for the killing blow – especially if there were civilians or children involved, or Malavai himself – when foolishly and dementedly he had betrayed her. Passion and compassion, and above all, forgiveness and mercy – all wrapped up in a beautiful if deadly package. She was truly an enigma. He had no chance against her, one look from those deep blue eyes and he was lost – it was no wonder that the ex-Republic spy was dogging her footsteps too.

The other thing that gave Malavai pause – was his duty, duty to the new Sith Empress, and that above all kept him in the shadows watching still, cursing his weakness, desiring his wife, desiring a new life in this Alliance of hers, but knowing that duty trapped him still.

---------------

Edit - typos fixed.

Edited by AureliaSulis
Fixing a typo

Is Malachi a nickname of his you switched you?

Indeed. Example:

The other thing that gave Malachi pause – was his duty, duty to the new Sith Empress, and that above all kept him in the shadows watching still, cursing his weakness, desiring his wife, desiring a new life in this Alliance of hers, but knowing that duty trapped him still.

---------------

Thanks for posting. It's an interesting premise but not for me as it hints at more betrayal to come from Quinn & that his sense of duty to Baras/the Empire OVER the warrior has not gone. That's not a good thing in here (this thread) with all the Quinn love. We are of the opinion that Quinn's original betrayal was forced on him by Baras (with significant mind-frelling) and that Quinn, after fighting the warrior he was released from that dark bond & realigned himself & his duty to her as his wife or him as his 'general & friend' after being forgiven. Even when the warrior went missing Quinn remained devoted to his wife/warrior friend and eventually Empress. Why else spend 5-6 years in jail refusing to denounce her or accept she was dead? Ideas that go against Quinn as a devoted husband or friend tend to belong in the hater's thread.

Is Malachi a nickname of his you switched you?

No, just a typo.

Thanks for posting. It's an interesting premise but not for me as it hints at more betrayal to come from Quinn & that his sense of duty to Baras/the Empire OVER the warrior has not gone.

It's not the way I see it. Malavai to me is a follower, not a leader and once released from jail and with his Sith Warrior missing for so long and possibly dead, he naturally followed someone else. He fell into the orbit of another - the Sith Empress. His weakness, as I see it, was his sense of duty. Once he follows someone that sense of duty overpowers him. Which is why he felt himself trapped by his sense of duty. So once the Empress dies, he (in my character's version of the story where she aligned with the Republic) is no longer anchored to the Empress and is free to find his own way again, which was naturally right back to Sul.

Ideas that go against Quinn as a devoted husband or friend tend to belong in the hater's thread.

That's rather a severe line to take. All characters possess faults and failings, and some faults are so ingrained that they would be impossible to break - even by a personality as strong as the Sith Warrior. You couldn't be more wrong to think that this is a hate post, it's quite the opposite. Quinnis my favourite of the companions and I rushed through the content just so my Warrior could be reunited with him again. I just feel that Quinn believing that Sul no longer loved him was just not enough to keep him from her side. His sense of duty to her should have caused him to run back to her as soon as he was aware that she was alive - hell, if I was him, I would have crossed a galaxy to reclaim my spot by her side. No, something else held him back, and that something else was his sense of duty to his new Master.

Something I'd like to add that the non-action by the Sith Warrior to find her lover and husband is a major plot failing by the writers. Given that she had two trained spies as her close companions - one ex-Empire, the other ex-Republic, it should have been easy for them to track Quinn down. I mean Lara Beniko, with her Imperial contacts, should have tracked Quinn down within a matter of days. Quinn was both an Imperial officer and held in an Imperial prison, he would have had a computer file on him, and Lara or Theron 'should' have been able to slice into that database and find out exactly what had happened to Quinn. The only reasons that I can come up with is that Theron jealously didn't want Sul to be aware that Quinn still lived and so kept the information to himself - and that Lara might have felt that Quinn was an unnecessary distraction for Sul while bigger events were in play, and so kept the information to herself. Still, Sul should have insisted and her failure rankles with me. The only reason I can come up with for her own non-action, is that she was swept along by the flow of events connected with the Eternal Throne and the new Alliance.