Suggestion : Quests / Class Content Story / Class Skills

Bloodgodness

Hi Guys ,

I play this game only one year , so I'm still not knowing "everything" like some players who I encounter lately …

But I wanted to add to community and see if it is good idea or not :

So I thought about few things

1 a) Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior - while on Beautiful Crimson planet Korriban , it could be a bit more expanded for starting zone adding at least few more maps , making it zone from 0-30 at least while we doing "Extra Quests " which could be added too , Who don't enjoy tortures as both Sith ? or delving into Catacombs of long Dead Sith ?

- Quests I'm taking about could include things like , Get information from mad / crazed "unit" by tortures , or maybe by killing it and finding its journal / finding some artefacts that we could use in later game (in game scenes for example )

and maybe allying with someone who later would be able to help us in struggles against masters , discovering something that would "WoW" empire so they could say …" this is discovery of the century!"

- Other thing would be to be able to choose master out of lets say 5 or 6 , some of them would be light side , dark side or neutral , which would mean like Darth Zash or Baras would betray us , Light Side would Aid us in Climbing up in ranks of sith and Neutral would help us benefit empire and build some sort of our power base , while some sith lords hate us for that and attack us , but in the end we would unite for example .

1 b) Similar thing with Tython and Jedi ord mantel or hutta , Get different masters maybe we could choose while creating jedi or sith some special powers/ abilities we could use in game too and while creating our character !

2) Creating designing your own Apprentices/Padawans , basically while in Korriban or Tython, we could poke apprentice because its NPC that Diggs something or standing and talking to other NPC and its for example Twil'ek or Miraluka / Nautolan - and u could send it to find something for you and either after returning it dies or survive but for example lost hand , and than u send it to hospital where it gets robotic arm , or for example it got you artefact that gives u power that block force attacks for x time (while in cutscenes someone try to attack u with force) and by that every task you give to your apprentice or Padawan it strengthen them you could reward them or punish or make them gather soldiers and go to battle for you with that soldiers :)

3 ) More Practical Food/Adrenals maybe more effective adding extra dmg over time / crit for it or HoT to normal healing spell ? or maybe and item Being Defined as "Artefact" but when used boost abilities ?

4) Darth Baras Mask ? ( exactly the same ? for any class) XD

5) bit more choice in Character Creation ? more heads , make up, let us decide how to position eyes lips nose brows, more skin colours , more hair styles / lekku styles (Nautolan, twil'ek and Togruta)

6) Enchantment of Starting zones (Remaster) Graphic , adding more details like more statues , that someone is cleaning / dusting , or just digging out ? some live events going every 20-30 min where they dig out something and everyone gets crazy and u can kill them to get extra treasure or item that start some quest.

Budget problem ? I'm sure some people who deal with Mod for games , and do graphic enchantment mods for games, could help for some compensation and recognition

• 3 months later...
I have just finished the Agent Class story Arc and now thinking what to do.

I think one of the things to develop is a continuation of the story arc.

The story continues long after the Class Story arc(1), and there are seven other class stories that you can play.

(1) The class story ends just before you go off to Ilum for the mission "First Strike" (Imperial side) or "Crystal Ball" (Republic side).

2) Creating designing your own Apprentices/Padawans , basically while in Korriban or Tython, we could poke apprentice because its NPC that Diggs something or standing and talking to other NPC and its for example Twil'ek or Miraluka / Nautolan - and u could send it to find something for you and either after returning it dies or survive but for example lost hand , and than u send it to hospital where it gets robotic arm , or for example it got you artefact that gives u power that block force attacks for x time (while in cutscenes someone try to attack u with force) and by that every task you give to your apprentice or Padawan it strengthen them you could reward them or punish or make them gather soldiers and go to battle for you with that soldiers :)

OK, but how would that work for the gun classes? Bounty Hunter I can sort of see, because in a way, *you* start out as such a person, although the natural progression of the class story leads you to recruiting that sort of assistant. The Trooper, on the other hand, *already* spends the entirety of Chapters 1 and 2 of the class story recruiting assistants.

Also, the "send out and search" thing sounds a lot like FF14's retainers, or even the current crew skill system in SWTOR (without the possibility of them being maimed while out on missions).

Final point on this: from a story point of view, while we are in the story segment on Tython / Korriban, we *are* Padawans / Apprentices, and therefore *having* one of our own would seem ... strange. (Compare: Sith Inquisitor story, where the Inquisitor *does* recruit an Apprentice from Korriban, but in Chapter 3.)

3 ) More Practical Food/Adrenals maybe more effective adding extra dmg over time / crit for it or HoT to normal healing spell ? or maybe and item Being Defined as "Artefact" but when used boost abilities ?

Leaving aside the question of food as a buff source (which I think is ill-suited to SWTOR)(1), there's nothing here that sounds really out of order.

5) bit more choice in Character Creation ? more heads , make up, let us decide how to position eyes lips nose brows, more skin colours , more hair styles / lekku styles (Nautolan, twil'ek and Togruta)

I'd quite like them to separate different parts of the cosmetics sliders, add more jewelry options(2) and more variety of heads and such is good. Precision placement is unlikely to happen, sadly.

Budget problem ? I'm sure some people who deal with Mod for games , and do graphic enchantment mods for games, could help for some compensation and recognition

Even they don't work for free (see: endless debates about the inability of "content creators" to use "Exposure" to pay the rent, and the functional equivalence of "recognition" and "expossure" in this debate), and all changes of any sort need to be checked, tested, blah blah blah and that, too, costs money. To say nothing of the small point that SWTOR doesn't currently have a modding interface of any sort, so they'd have to add one, and that, too, would cost money.

You can't handwave the need for the studio to spend money on that stuff by suggesting that it be left to the modding community, especially as SWTOR doesn't *have* a modding community.

(1) In a game like GW2 that takes itself less than totally seriously at times, it's OK for a cheeseburger or a mushroom pizza or a peppered flank steak to give that sort of bonus, but not in SWTOR.

(2) Including jewelry for men, and not just thumb rings either. MMORPGs in general have a (sexist?(3)) bias against e.g. earrings for male characters. Granted, it's (relatively, compared to women) rare in Western society for men to have extensive piercings, but it does happen.

(3) The sexism there can be read both ways, sexist against women because it assumes that it's a female characteristic to have piercings and the like, or sexist against men because it assumes that it's a male characteristic to *not* have piercings. Why either of those characteristics would automatically exist in a Star Wars universe is unclear (although it's worth noting that both sexes of Rattataki and PB Sith have copious face/head jewellery options.