Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

Dual specialization. NOT for Advanced Classes.

Flashpoints -

Problems = Can't find a tank or healer. OR to many tanks/healers

Solution = Dual Spec. With how the loot drops in swtor it's easy enough for all the hybrid classes to have both sets of gear. This would be promoting more Hard Mode flashpoints.

Operations -

Problems = To many players of a particular spec.

Solution = Dual Spec. Having the flexability of choices allows for your group of friends to mix and match their specs to better accommodate the particular fight.

PvP -

Problems = No healers/tanks in the warzone to give a fighting chance for PUGs.

Solution = Dual Spec. you have 1-2mins before each fight to determine what your group makeup is . Then you have the chance to make balanced group.

The true bottom line is this.

Dual Spec helps EVERYONE!

Edited by Enigma

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing these threads and it confuses me. It seems like tanks in particular (and even healers) are quite common on my server. Maybe we're an anomoly (I play on Daragon Trail) but I actually respecced tank thinking it'd be easier to get groups and then went BACK to dps because I would end up in heroic daily groups with 2 or 3 tanks.

Maybe we're just special. I dunno.

I keep seeing these threads and it confuses me. It seems like tanks in particular (and even healers) are quite common on my server. Maybe we're an anomoly (I play on Daragon Trail) but I actually respecced tank thinking it'd be easier to get groups and then went BACK to dps because I would end up in heroic daily groups with 2 or 3 tanks.

Maybe we're just special. I dunno.

ok well dont you think 2 or 3 of those tanks should go dps to help then? instead of 3 tanks with low damage?

I would like dual spec specifically for pvp. But its not a must...while i never get to kill a bunch of ppl due to my low dps (tank)...its friggin impossible for one person to kill me...so i rocked in Huttball..and could hold a turrot for a while as reinforcements arive. Of course this was all before the brackets...now i don't get to do WZ anymore.

Annoying to do every 2 or 3 hours. when you can just click a button and be done.

I've been a healer since level 10 and have seen none of these problems... I don't think your arguement is very persuasive.

I think a lot of people who want dual spec saw a class like the sorc and said "This class is great I can heal ops and the rest of the time DPS" where as I looked at the sorc and said "Hey this guy looks like the healer I'd want to be!"

play the spec you want, not the spec you want and a backup spec just cause.

Of course this was all before the brackets...now i don't get to do WZ anymore.
lol anymore .. give a wrong impression it hapened loooong ago .. with server downtime it is less then half a day ago :p

p.s this i posted just as it make me laugh .. i agree with dual spec geting in game ;)

Edited by Silverion_one

I've been a healer since level 10 and have seen none of these problems... I don't think your arguement is very persuasive.

I think a lot of people who want dual spec saw a class like the sorc and said "This class is great I can heal ops and the rest of the time DPS" where as I looked at the sorc and said "Hey this guy looks like the healer I'd want to be!"

play the spec you want, not the spec you want and a backup spec just cause.

it doesn't matter how YOU play .. I'm talking about how the MAJORITY play.

and its not just because.. maybe its because i like to play differently with my class.

Edited by Enigma

lol anymore .. give a wrong impression it hapened loooong ago .. with server downtime it is less then half a day ago :p

p.s this i posted just as it make me laugh .. i agree with dual spec geting in game ;)

Well 3 1/2 hours last night with a single queue pop...just sayin.

Edited by bordendl

It might be useful for folks that want one spec for PvP and a different one for PvE, but it won't make a difference to the number of healers or tanks there are. People don't switch roles with dual spec.

that statement is false.

People DO switch roles with dual spec. i myself would ... Healer than dps .. back to healer .. etc

It might be useful for folks that want one spec for PvP and a different one for PvE, but it won't make a difference to the number of healers or tanks there are. People don't switch roles with dual spec.

I'm not sure why people keep saying this. It's flat-out wrong. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I personally prefer playing my Assassin as DPS. I enjoy the playstyle more and let's face it, I like seeing those big crit numbers up on the screen. However, I'm a utility player. Whatever my guild or group needs, that's what i'll do. I may PREFER dps, but I'm happy to tank something if a tank is needed. With the current system this leads to a LOT of respeccing, which gets insanely pricey quite fast. And it's also a bit of a hassle to go back to the fleet every time.

It's not game-breaking for me, it's really just been a minor annoyance, but I see where people are coming from and I DO think that dual spec would incline some people to tank/heal more often, even if players like me who are willing to do so are a minority.

Edited by nsaucdiv

it doesn't matter how YOU play .. I'm talking about how the MAJORITY play.

and its not just because.. maybe its because i like to play differently with my class.

that's fine all I'm saying is that I'd rather take a healer into my OPS group who wants to heal not one who just does it when he feels like doing it.

and you should play your class differently or at least know how to, but respecing works for this. you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most. And the idea of "switching specs for a certain fight/FP/OP and then switching back afterward" is where the problem seems to lie since it doubles the amount of respecs you will end up doing.

dual spec isn't needed in my opinion

you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most.

In the current system respeccing once per day, or even once every 3 days, is heinously expensive if you're doing it consistently.

Edited by nsaucdiv

that statement is false.

People DO switch roles with dual spec. i myself would ... Healer than dps .. back to healer .. etc

Some people switch roles, but most people do not, especially not in a game like this where Tanks have to work to build threat and heal threat builds the way it does.

I have no problem when folks do a feature request, but using role switching as the base of the argument is not correct.

Dual specialization.

Flashpoints -

Problems = Can't find a tank or healer. OR to many tanks/healers

Solution = Dual Spec. With how the loot drops in swtor it's easy enough for all the hybrid classes to have both sets of gear. This would be promoting more Hard Mode flashpoints.

Operations -

Problems = To many players of a particular spec.

Solution = Dual Spec. Having the flexability of choices allows for your group of friends to mix and match their specs to better accommodate the particular fight.

PvP -

Problems = No healers/tanks in the warzone to give a fighting chance for PUGs.

Solution = Dual Spec. you have 1-2mins before each fight to determine what your group makeup is . Then you have the chance to make balanced group.

The true bottom line is this.

Dual Spec helps EVERYONE!

So the solution to your problems is to reduce the game from 8 classes down to 4 classes because in reality that is what you are proposing

So what you're really saying isn't that it wouldn't help, but rather that it wouldn't help AS MUCH as most people seem to think.

Correct?

What I am saying is that you won't gain a significant enough number of healers or tanks to dent the need if your server does not have them. Dual spec is awesome when switching between a PvE healer and a PvP healer because the specs are slightly different, but it is a fallacy to say that there will be more tanks and healers as a result of dual spec.

that's fine all I'm saying is that I'd rather take a healer into my OPS group who wants to heal not one who just does it when he feels like doing it.

and you should play your class differently or at least know how to, but respecing works for this. you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most. And the idea of "switching specs for a certain fight/FP/OP and then switching back afterward" is where the problem seems to lie since it doubles the amount of respecs you will end up doing.

dual spec isn't needed in my opinion

You oppinion must come from lack of playing multiple MMOs and multiple aspects of the game.

Why can't people be good at 2 things and like doing 2 things. You're guild at a particular time has 11 DPS on 1 Tank 0 Healers. And you guys want to do a Operation or 2 Hard Modes.

Well looks like somebody is going to have to respec then respec back costing 100k credits not to mention time spent waiting on him to set up his quickslots.

but on the other hand you dont care.