In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it was the following...

1) Converting Command Tokens to Command Boosts seeing as they convert to Renown Boosts in 6.0.

2) Making sure I had spent all other currency, such as Masterwork Crystals / Data Shards. This was largely pointless, because I think you will be able to complete the Onslaught main storyline practically naked, but I was slightly OCD about having leftover shards in my bank when I knew I could convert them to 252 gear.

3) Spring, er Fall Cleaning. My Legacy Bank was a friggin mess.

4) Taking the time (while binge watching some random show) to level companions. I'm glad they are *fixing* companions so that some of the CM bought ones actually perform. But it does seem that companions are *somewhat* weaker than before. Leveling their influence made sense.

5) I bought some more cheap Character slots in case I want to play the low level storylines again.

6) Bought some really nice Vodka. I'm going to have a nice martini in hand when I start Onslaught. In addition to having a fabulous martini, I fully intend to avoid the forums because: a) it will be filled with people complaining about how short it was; and b) people complaining that they took off work on Oct. 22 and BW had to do a server restart to fix a bug.

7) Enjoy the fact that I haven't (outside of some tinkering on gearing on PTS and the above mentioned inventory management) played in 5 months. Fortunately, I like ESO as much as this game so have had a pleasant diversion. Nevertheless, I'm getting the SWTOR itch again.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Whenever there is a big update usually there is stuff that we should either use/ sell so that way it's value do not make us regret not using it before.

So what do you think is your top to do list in the current version before the big update comes up next week?

I compiled this (from several sources) to help my guildmates, hope it helps:

FAQ Pre 6.0 (version: 1.1)

What will happen with current currencies and items related to Galactic Command?

Galactic Command disapears and we will have Renown instead.

Works similar but current items will mostly be converted to credits at bad exchange rates.

So, What to do with current currencies and Galactic Command items BEFORE 6.0?

• Command experience packs: This will not be converted to renown, so USE them before 6.0.
  • Command crates: OPEN them before 6.0, do no disintegrate the rated gear for UCs unless you are aiming at something specific. Claim all gear(with ratings, not the shells) and vendor whatever you don't need.
  • Universal Components(UC): Exchange those. Best credits per UC is buying Gold 236 gear on fleet. Then vendor those.
  • Masterwork Crystals: Use them too, get 252/258 or decorations in Ossus.
  • Command Tokens: BUY Command experience Boost (the ones sold in fleet for 190 tokens and a few credits). You can also buy Iokath recombinators in the same vendor, there is a high chance they will be usefull in 6.0 to make dark projects and this cheap way to get them is not available in PTS.
  • Command Experience Boost: Will be converted to Renown Boost. So KEEP them.

What will happen with current set Bonus?

Current set bonus gets disable the moment you hit lvl 75. So it won't be usefull after that.

People have complained but there is little chance it will change. Do not vendor in anger tho, keep what you can and wait.

Will current gear be any good in 6.0?

General gear: It will be very usefull during leveling up to 75.

After that, you will be forced to wear the new gear in order to get better gear as you increase your the average raiting.

What about Augments?

Augments will suffer some changes. And for the moment we can expect grade 11 ones to be very rare and so expensive that most people will not be able to afford them. So lets look at current grade 10.

Current Gold 236 and 240 will be converted to 238 and 242. Those have different stat distribution, having very litle tertiary stat (alacrity,critical,etc). Will be practically useless as it is that tertiary stat what people need most, so i would not bother crafting those today.

Purple 228 will remain the same and i recomend to keep all you have. Crafting new 228 ones should not be difficult in 6.0 tho.

What do we do with our CMTs and isotopes?

I have not seen new recipies for CMTs, i think selling if you can is not a bad choice.

They were available for 200 Purple Jawa junk in PTS.

Isotopes i also did not saw any new recipies, but they are still in the Dark Project one.

In PTS they are available for only 12 Blue jawa scraps so if you have plenty isotopes and think you can sell high, go for it.

What about Jawa Junk/Scrap?

Exchange cost in PTS shows huge increase. From requiring only one scrap for each mat grade 1 to 9 (and 3 for grade 10) it will cost 1 per grade. So grade 1 will still cost 1, but for example a grade 8 mat will require 8 scraps.

On the other hand availability of scrap in PTS will increase significantly, so whatever you have horded now is better if you spend on higher grade mats (like grade 7+) that are popular in crafting.

Edit v1.1:

What will happen to light/dark side tokens and Alliance Recon Data?

Alliance recon data disapears. Everything on vendor were still there on PTS but required only Credits.

Light/Dar side tokens. Everything was the same on PTS.

Personally:

1. Make sure you complete the Eternal Championship on 8 different classes for the Eternal Legend title.

2. If you want the "Speed Champion" title, I would definitely get it now.

3. If you want any of the CCs from completing Master Mode (and Veteran too, from the looks of things) chapters, get them now.

4. Run endless heroics to stock up on tons of alliance crates or open them to make sure you have the styles you want. Save the companion gifts. Something tells me they may increase in price shortly.

Save the companion gifts. Something tells me they may increase in price shortly.

If I know correctly, fleet vendor is still going to sell grade 5 blue gifts for 5k and grade 5 purple gifts for 10k. So their increased price on GTN will be irrelevant. Well, only relevant for fools buying them there. :D

Edited by black_pyros

I find it funny that every game I tend to return to has a big update I knew nothing about, lol. I just came back a couple weeks ago after having been gone since level 50 was the max and don't have the normal stuff to do to prepare. So what I'm doing now is:

1. Leveled my Legacy to 50 (It was sitting at 49 and some change since 2012/2013)

2. Get Legendary player (Had 7 max (50) level toons then but 6 were Imp. Now have Jedi Knight to finish)

3. Figure out changes (Crafting changed so now have archive recipes, companion gear changes, leveling, etc.)

4. Which toons to keep (Subbed now, want to delete old toons for names but they have old crafting so not sure plus Nautolans inc. so a bunch of alts otw.)

5. Achievement hunting (Had all the Imp ones and half the Pub Datacrons, almost none of the planet ones. Now have first 2 Imps and first Pub planets sitting around 96% just need some droid thingy and WB on DK I thought I killed back in the day)

6. Rebuild family tree (Been gone a while and deleted some old toons have more new ones.)

7. Remaking toons (Have to remake toons because some voices don't match the species like my Sith Pureblood Trooper and I'm over making ever toon SP. Wish voices were locked to races and not classes.)

8. Enjoy Chapter 4 to Onslaught Story (Been gone a long time so a crap ton of new story for me to explore since I never did any story past Original 3 Chapters.)

I compiled this (from several sources) to help my guildmates, hope it helps:

FAQ Pre 6.0 (version: 1.1)

What will happen with current currencies and items related to Galactic Command?

Galactic Command disapears and we will have Renown instead.

Works similar but current items will mostly be converted to credits at bad exchange rates.

So, What to do with current currencies and Galactic Command items BEFORE 6.0?

• Command experience packs: This will not be converted to renown, so USE them before 6.0.
  • Command crates: OPEN them before 6.0, do no disintegrate the rated gear for UCs unless you are aiming at something specific. Claim all gear(with ratings, not the shells) and vendor whatever you don't need.
  • Universal Components(UC): Exchange those. Best credits per UC is buying Gold 236 gear on fleet. Then vendor those.
  • Masterwork Crystals: Use them too, get 252/258 or decorations in Ossus.
  • Command Tokens: BUY Command experience Boost (the ones sold in fleet for 190 tokens and a few credits). You can also buy Iokath recombinators in the same vendor, there is a high chance they will be usefull in 6.0 to make dark projects and this cheap way to get them is not available in PTS.
  • Command Experience Boost: Will be converted to Renown Boost. So KEEP them.

What will happen with current set Bonus?

Current set bonus gets disable the moment you hit lvl 75. So it won't be usefull after that.

People have complained but there is little chance it will change. Do not vendor in anger tho, keep what you can and wait.

Will current gear be any good in 6.0?

General gear: It will be very usefull during leveling up to 75.

After that, you will be forced to wear the new gear in order to get better gear as you increase your the average raiting.

What about Augments?

Augments will suffer some changes. And for the moment we can expect grade 11 ones to be very rare and so expensive that most people will not be able to afford them. So lets look at current grade 10.

Current Gold 236 and 240 will be converted to 238 and 242. Those have different stat distribution, having very litle tertiary stat (alacrity,critical,etc). Will be practically useless as it is that tertiary stat what people need most, so i would not bother crafting those today.

Purple 228 will remain the same and i recomend to keep all you have. Crafting new 228 ones should not be difficult in 6.0 tho.

What do we do with our CMTs and isotopes?

I have not seen new recipies for CMTs, i think selling if you can is not a bad choice.

They were available for 200 Purple Jawa junk in PTS.

Isotopes i also did not saw any new recipies, but they are still in the Dark Project one.

In PTS they are available for only 12 Blue jawa scraps so if you have plenty isotopes and think you can sell high, go for it.

What about Jawa Junk/Scrap?

Exchange cost in PTS shows huge increase. From requiring only one scrap for each mat grade 1 to 9 (and 3 for grade 10) it will cost 1 per grade. So grade 1 will still cost 1, but for example a grade 8 mat will require 8 scraps.

On the other hand availability of scrap in PTS will increase significantly, so whatever you have horded now is better if you spend on higher grade mats (like grade 7+) that are popular in crafting.

Edit v1.1:

What will happen to light/dark side tokens and Alliance Recon Data?

Alliance recon data disapears. Everything on vendor were still there on PTS but required only Credits.

Light/Dar side tokens. Everything was the same on PTS.

Nice list ! TYVM... I think I'll copy / past in word then print !

Do as many companion gathering missions as possible for “mission only” mats. ie, Diplomacy, underworld, treasure hunting, investigation. Because those missions will cost more to do in 6.0. So I’m hoarding those mats.

Also, on the off chance they make current set bonuses available down the line, I’m getting one each of each shell for each of my Alts.

Most already have a full set bonus, but for those that don’t, I’ll just buy 230 gear using command comms.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Personally:

1. convert Command Tokens to Command Boosts and Credis 50/50

2. convert Data shards to Crystals and then to decoration

3. Sort all my inventories, sell stuff

4. open Command crates, Everything that does not convert to data shards sell to traders. (Except Boosts, companio gifts)

5. Open Allianz Boxes, sell the stuff. (Except Companion gifts)

6. Finish open quests

7. Complete the personal conquest target for all Toons.

Personally:

1. Make sure you complete the Eternal Championship on 8 different classes for the Eternal Legend title.

2. If you want the "Speed Champion" title, I would definitely get it now.

3. If you want any of the CCs from completing Master Mode (and Veteran too, from the looks of things) chapters, get them now.

I was hoping the Eternal Campionship and Master Mode chapters would not be raised to 75 to make it easier. But now everything should be more difficult ... -.-

• Dev Post

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

• Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

Thanks all!

-eric

Wait...WHAT?!

So we will not make conquest if we use this week's current goal. So our guilds have to make 500k per side to get our rewards?!

SAY it isn't SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Wait...WHAT?!

So we will not make conquest if we use this week's current goal. So our guilds have to make 500k per side to get our rewards?!

SAY it isn't SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah, this would have been nice to know ahead of time, especially with how weak Conquest is this week.

Appreciate the heads up Eric. :rolleyes:

Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

Thanks for the heads up, totally forgot about this.

Does your statement only apply to the guild's total score or also the individual member's contributions? AKA do we have to contribute 15k or 50k per character to be eligible for the guild's conquest reward?

Edited by Jerba

Hey all!

• Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.

Thanks all!

-eric

If Unassembled Components are going away,

1. What is going to happen to Masterwork Data Crystals?
  2. If one or both of UCs and MDCs are going away, what will happen to the decorations on the D3-C0 astromech droid on Ossus that sells decos for MDC or MDC+UCs?

There has been no official forum-based answer to this and I know I'm not the only one looking for confirmation on this.

How are we gonna be able to buy the Umbara Stronghold without Alliance Recon Data tokens?

If you were on the PTS you would know, that all the items from those vendors were converted to credits only.

You will not need those tokens anymore.

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Umm, the Conquest thing should've been announced sooner. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of Guilds like mine who've invaded large yield but won't be able to make 5 Million Conquest Points. :(

• Dev Post
Thanks for the heads up, totally forgot about this.

Does your statement only apply to the guild's total score or also the individual member's contributions? AKA do we have to contribute 15k or 50k per character to be eligible for the guild's conquest reward?

My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.

If Unassembled Components are going away,

1. What is going to happen to Masterwork Data Crystals?
  2. If one or both of UCs and MDCs are going away, what will happen to the decorations on the D3-C0 astromech droid on Ossus that sells decos for MDC or MDC+UCs?

There has been no official forum-based answer to this and I know I'm not the only one looking for confirmation on this.

I missed those above, good catch. Masterwork and Monumental Crystals will both be going away / converted to credits. The intention is that those vendors on Ossus will change to selling their items for credits. There is a known issue at launch where they are still requiring the currency which we will fix in our next patch.

-eric