1 Kolto Tank.

The other night I was doing lost island with a buddy and he and I were able to get to Lorrick's second phase with only having to burn down one Kolto Tank. I was wondering how common this is, as it seems the dps requirement would be significantly high.

The other night I was doing lost island with a buddy and he and I were able to get to Lorrick's second phase with only having to burn down one Kolto Tank. I was wondering how common this is, as it seems the dps requirement would be significantly high.

Hey, me again, ty for posting this on my post.

According to a website i found, Dr Lorrick has 307812 health on hardmode (which i assume you are referring to), and Aurajiin's info regarding the phase change says he switches to phase 2 at 40%. This means you have to put out around 184687 damage in the space of, idk, lets say 1.5 minutes before he reaches phase 2. This gives us around 1026 DPS per dps member of the group, not counting the damage from the tank. While i by no means have an in-depth knowledge of the top dps rotations, this would probably require some decent gear and a lot of skill.

So, gratz on the nice kill, and i'd have to say this is most likely not that common :)

Well, we almost always have it burned down with just 1 tank. My group consists of a

Jugg Tank

Sorc Healer

2 Merc Arsenal DPS Both with over 1200 Mainhand Damage. We cut through him like butter. The tanks never ever release a guy because they are dps' down so fast. Donkey Kong doesn't even bounce us because we DPS straight through that phase. If you have the right group it can be done easily.

1026 DPS per dps member of the group, not counting the damage from the tank. While i by no means have an in-depth knowledge of the top dps rotations, this would probably require some decent gear and a lot of skill.

No, I'm pretty sure I did that by just spamming TK throw and going to sleep at my computer. Really not hard.

No, I'm pretty sure I did that by just spamming TK throw and going to sleep at my computer. Really not hard.

Lol ok, as a tank i don't really know the numbers some of you DPS can put out

Just one thing, the numbers i tried to work out don't include any kind of mitigations or resistances the boss may or may not have, so it may actually require more that this :p

Lol ok, as a tank i don't really know the numbers some of you DPS can put out

Just one thing, the numbers i tried to work out don't include any kind of mitigations or resistances the boss may or may not have, so it may actually require more that this :p

Well, it definitely requires more dps than that, because I've ran with dps that puts out a good 1300-1400 on most fights and we had to burn a second Kolto tank. Currently, as a mostly black hole some rakata powertech, I parse at around 1800 on the operations dummy.

Edited by bbare

Did this with a vanguard dps and my sent. We put up about 2000 during the whole lorrick fight. In HM Denova we range from 1350 on T&Z to 1600 on tanks.

That isn't uncommon. 2000 dps per dps is pretty easy to achieve throughout the fight because of the final phase (you get a x3 damage buff)