Clone Wars Episode 16 Review

Bird_of_Thunder

Personally, I liked it. This arc was very cool. A true show of Sith brutallity was when Maul killed Satine and Sidious shocked Maul until the credits. It was a great way to leave the arc hanging like that. Bo-Katan is a well-developed character and a true show of Mandalorian bravery.

But who was that Mandalorian with the spike helmet? It couldn't have been Maul because they were both in the same room at different times.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sidious is so strong he held off maul AND savage and all his brute strength with one hand using jar'kai. I was like whaaaaaat?

I'm pissed savage died tho, i felt he was just brought in to make the maul story better. Waste of a good character.

Maul was surprisingly close to beating sidious though. I def think he can beat dooku now. Think about it, dooku couldn't defeat yoda, and yoda couldn't defeat sidious, yet maul came VERY close. A dooku vs maul fight NEEDS to happen

sidious is so strong he held off maul AND savage and all his brute strength with one hand using jar'kai. I was like whaaaaaat?

I'm pissed savage died tho, i felt he was just brought in to make the maul story better. Waste of a good character.

Maul was surprisingly close to beating sidious though. I def think he can beat dooku now. Think about it, dooku couldn't defeat yoda, and yoda couldn't defeat sidious, yet maul came VERY close. A dooku vs maul fight NEEDS to happen

Dooku would have to win though. Unless Disney decides to remake episode 3 according to the Clone Wars

Bo Katan was, yet again, friggin awesome. I really start to love that character, even though it seems she is willing to hand over Mandalore to the Republic, so I´am intrigued how that is all playing out in the end.

Finally Satine is dead. I have nothing against people who are pacifist, but this woman was so naive...

Sidious ülayed his role as I was expecting. No surpirses there and Savage is also finally gone. Sadly Maul is still alive.

Overall, the whole episode feeled rushed again. The should have scrapped the other story arcs of the season to improve the dialogues, the pacing of the story and the emomtional development of the characters more.

But it still is a kids show and we can´t expect mature story telling.

Edited by WE_Belisarius

I donno ... they executed satine and made obiwan watch ... fairly dark for a kid's show ... then sidious killed savage while maul watched ... and sidious smiled in glee. I thought the tenor of the episode was great. A lot happened. I went back and watched it again and I never do that

I'm sad that Savage died, I thought he was a character with a lot of potential, a shame really.

Also I was surpised at the Dutchess's death, looks like they wanted to get rid of a couple of characters to avoid an "overpopulation".

Still, kickass Palpy is kickass.

Edited by yoomazir

Palpatine just looked like he was having fun and barely considered both a threat, Maul seemed like he had the best shot at winning when it was him and palpy one on one. I never knew an old man in his.... (how old if palpatine? he looks like he's 80 or something...) could be jumping around like that! Maybe he and Dooku age VERY well. But with Maul now being Sidious' puppet what's going to happen now? Will he kill Ahsoka? Will Ahsoka kill him, which would suck considering who they both are Maul would mop the floor with her, almost like Sidious mopping the floor with Maul. SO MANY QUESTIONS!

I wish Palpatine fought like that with Windu, it would've made for a much more climactic fight.

Episode 16 Review?

HOLY ****. HOLY. ****. HOLY. ****. HOLY. ****. HOLY ****. I about lost my mind, this whole episode was so full of ******ery I'm not sure I could properly take it all in with one sitting. And the sound, good god the sound. That episode will easily be my reference for showing off my theater room when it comes out on blu ray.

What an awesome episode! I honestly didn't see Satine's death coming until the last moment (literally the last moment) and was like, wait a minute.. she's gonna... Bam, another one bites the dust! I was really sad actually when she died. But I look forward to a new age for the Mandalorians.

And of course, the battle between Maul, Savage and Sidious was amazing. But Maul lives? What could Sidious possibly have in store for him?

One of my favourite parts was when Sidious arrived in the throne room and Maul felt his presence and said 'Master!' - I just love how is facade of a manipulative Sith Lord suddenly vanished and was replaced with the obedient servant of Episode I - all in a single facial expression.

Visuals are also improving massively, and combat scenes too. Can't wait for the next arc (really I can't, Wookieepedia tells me its the Ashoka one - time for her to meet her fate :D)

P.S. Concerning 'who will fall' - I reckon Captain Rex, he's not in the films and I can't see him, of all of them, betraying the Jedi. Maybe his fate will somehow involve Ashoka...

What an awesome episode! I honestly didn't see Satine's death coming until the last moment (literally the last moment) and was like, wait a minute.. she's gonna... Bam, another one bites the dust! I was really sad actually when she died. But I look forward to a new age for the Mandalorians.

And of course, the battle between Maul, Savage and Sidious was amazing. But Maul lives? What could Sidious possibly have in store for him?

One of my favourite parts was when Sidious arrived in the throne room and Maul felt his presence and said 'Master!' - I just love how is facade of a manipulative Sith Lord suddenly vanished and was replaced with the obedient servant of Episode I - all in a single facial expression.

Visuals are also improving massively, and combat scenes too. Can't wait for the next arc (really I can't, Wookieepedia tells me its the Ashoka one - time for her to meet her fate :D)

P.S. Concerning 'who will fall' - I reckon Captain Rex, he's not in the films and I can't see him, of all of them, betraying the Jedi. Maybe his fate will somehow involve Ashoka...

Rex will probably die in the next arc that Matt Michnovetz(the same writer of the Umbaran arc) has written.

i noticed so many references to the movies in this episode. the most apparent of there was when maul sensed a disturbance in the force right before sidious was coming in. reminded me of vader sensing obi wan on the death star

Also, when Savage was stabbed by Sidious, Maul immediately ran to his side and knelt besides his dying body, like Obi-Wan did when his own master was stabbed by Maul. I really liked how they drew parallels to Episodes 1 and 4. You can tell LucasFilm really put a lot of effort into this arc.

Edited by Aitix

i noticed so many references to the movies in this episode. the most apparent of there was when maul sensed a disturbance in the force right before sidious was coming in. reminded me of vader sensing obi wan on the death star

when sidious pushed savage after killing him looked like windu flying out the winow

Personally I enjoyed this episode, with both savage and satine dead and maul probably becoming sidious's servant once more it makes me wonder whats gonna happen next like if Mandalore would become another warzone for the republic and the separatist :)...........but the part where Bo was revealed to be Satine's sister was, well, weak and rushed. It made no sense to me............putting aside the fact they look nothing like each other, why wasn't this referenced or mentioned earlier in this arc when they overthrew satine?? :confused: i think it was more like the writers felt they needed one last twist to the story and added that part in...........which in my opinion wasn't needed at all.........but either way it was a really entertaining episode :)

Palpatine just looked like he was having fun and barely considered both a threat, Maul seemed like he had the best shot at winning when it was him and palpy one on one. I never knew an old man in his.... (how old if palpatine? he looks like he's 80 or something...) could be jumping around like that! Maybe he and Dooku age VERY well. But with Maul now being Sidious' puppet what's going to happen now? Will he kill Ahsoka? Will Ahsoka kill him, which would suck considering who they both are Maul would mop the floor with her, almost like Sidious mopping the floor with Maul. SO MANY QUESTIONS!

I wish Palpatine fought like that with Windu, it would've made for a much more climactic fight.

It would be cool to have Maul kill Ashoka, and then have Anakin enrage and slay Maul.

It would be cool to have Maul kill Ashoka, and then have Anakin enrage and slay Maul.

Would explain why Sidious keeps Maul alive and says he has other uses for him, get Maul to kill Ahsoka, get Anakin to kill Maul, have one emotionally messed up jedi to influence