Armortech way overbalanced vs Synthweaving

Squidwalker

So on my Empire character I have synth up to about 120 or so. It sucks, I have never made anything that is actually useful to me, ie better than loot or rewards. Which is the main reason I pick up crafting in games.

I'm now playing a Rep character and picked up armortech. Right off the bat, I can make some gear that is slightly better than what I already wearing. Sweet. Not only that, but I was able to RE stuff that I had looted or gotten as rewards. That is a nice feature, but I have never had that ability on synthweaving, to RE stuff I didn't make. So what's up with that?

I really think there is a balance issue here, and it's kind of annoying.

You can only RE looted items of the same type as you can make. This is not limited to light/medium/heavy (for armor), but also stats. Synthweaving makes +Strength and +Willpower items, Armormech makes +Aim and +Cunning items. A Synthweaver cannot RE +aim/+cunning, nor can an Armormech RE +strength/+willpower items, even if they are the proper 'type' of armor (ie, heavy/medium for the armormech). There are some exceptions to this (proper type *and* stats, yet still cannot RE the item), but this seems to mostly hold true.

Yea I understood about the types, basically armor for none force users, and amor for force users. And I will specifically try to RE something that force user stats, on my synthweaver, but I have yet to see anything in my inventory that I could RE, that was not crafted by me.

So on my Empire character I have synth up to about 120 or so. It sucks, I have never made anything that is actually useful to me, ie better than loot or rewards. Which is the main reason I pick up crafting in games.

I'm now playing a Rep character and picked up armortech. Right off the bat, I can make some gear that is slightly better than what I already wearing. Sweet. Not only that, but I was able to RE stuff that I had looted or gotten as rewards. That is a nice feature, but I have never had that ability on synthweaving, to RE stuff I didn't make. So what's up with that?

I really think there is a balance issue here, and it's kind of annoying.

For all intents and purposes armormech is for non force users while synthweaving is for force users. Other than that distinction the two crew skills are functionally identical.

it depends in what lvl at crafting you are with what lvl your toon is

also consider the lucky loots you gain in both by doing heroics or FPs

from what you said, i believe that you got more luck with your sith with the loots than your rep toon, and still dont forget the craft lvl with your combat lvl

Edited by Kissakias