Sages/Sorcs running rampant in WZs help BW?

tehrealdealz

If there's one thing ive learned about MMOS is that people will flock to the most OP classes in the game. That being said everyone and their grandma is rolling Sages and Sorcs and if you were one of the unlucky ones to NOT roll one, then you might as well do it now. Last night was doing some WZs for about an hour straight and one of two things happened. Either 1 the enemy team was filled with Sages or 2 the enemy team was filled with Sages and my team was filled with Sorcs. I mean its time to thin the herd a little BW and NERF THESE CLASSES pls. TY.

From what I can tell they will be nerfing them in March according to the latest Q&A today. Specifically their Area-of-Effect healing for both clasess.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

RuQu: Can you provide some details on Healer class design philosophy? Commando/Scoundrel AoE does not scale with group size due to player caps. Are they not intended to fill the raid-healer role? Scoundrels can be highly efficient, but have no tools for doing a short burst of healing.

In short, what is the design intention for each of the healers, and is it intended for them to be balanced so that any possible combination is competitive in Operations, or is a certain mix expected?

Georg Zoeller: Our stance is that all full healer specs should be viable for all type of content, which is the case, even for 16 man Operations. Our own players have no issues clearing any of the content in the game, on all difficulty levels, with any healer spec. Data from the Live game shows Operations, at all sizes, being successfully run with Commando and Scoundrel healers. It is expected for certain Operations bosses to create challenges for different healer archetypes (e.g. due to mobility requirements), but overall, every healer archetype is capable of successfully healing through any Operations and Flashpoint content in the game (currently and in the future).

With regards to your question about Commando/Scoundrel Area of Effect healing not scaling to group size, please understand that no heal, on any class, scales with group size. The most powerful Area of Effect heals in the game (Salvation/Revivification) affects up to 8 players, but does not scale with group size. These abilities are very costly, have an activation time requirement and require the targets to stand in a localized area for ten seconds to receive the full benefit. We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we don’t agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think there’s room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.

Because you see to many people playing with sorc that means they have to be nerf?.

This is starwars ok? people like being a sith, and people like lightsaber,the dark side, the force and this things,the real problem here is why the other classes are no so cool than sorcers.

Go to tehrealdealz profile, select threads started, and see what this little troll does.

3 threads in a row about how an angry kid wants sages/sorcerers nerfed because he got owned a few times in PvP with no real evidence providing the class is OP at all.

If there's one thing ive learned about MMOS is that people will flock to the most OP classes in the game. That being said everyone and their grandma is rolling Sages and Sorcs and if you were one of the unlucky ones to NOT roll one, then you might as well do it now. Last night was doing some WZs for about an hour straight and one of two things happened. Either 1 the enemy team was filled with Sages or 2 the enemy team was filled with Sages and my team was filled with Sorcs. I mean its time to thin the herd a little BW and NERF THESE CLASSES pls. TY.

This is most certainly not the case on my server, the current "Every other player" class or the commonly stated "Flavor of the Month" is BH/Trooper, in both the 1-49 bracket and as new 50's in the 50's bracket I see far more new Vanguards/Commandos on the Republic side and Powertech/Mercenaries on our side.

Point in fact, if I see less than 2-3 Powertechs/Vangaurds alone per match...I am suspicious. This seems to be the new most common single class, oddly enough, at 50 we've had a massive surge in Sentinels (not marauders oddly enough) to the point of having as many as 4+ per some matches.

Or people can start playing mercs/commandos specced tracer/grav round or scoundrels and ops and run around killing them in 5 globals. :rolleyes:

I've been owned by good players from all classes. Hell, a lvl 12 Marauder beat the hell out of me on several occassions the other day. Granted that he didnt care about the objective and would fly in and get the upper hand while I was focused on other stuff but normally I would have torn a player like that apart.

Hence, I think us sorcs are getting too much credit. We will do fine as long as we're up against unaware players ( a pretty big category in this game), are allowed to keep the distance or can "bubble away". It's really a hit n' run class so when things get "up close and personal" there's nothing special about us.

My last wz was pretty comedy, a voidstar where the repubs had 7 commandos and a sage vs our team, that had 3 mercs, 3 powertechs, a sniper and my operative.

That grav round sound makes me shudder still.

Oh yea, the sage beat my healing done, the git.

On our server, about 75% of 50s Empire player are Assassin/Sorcerer.

It's getting ridicoulus. I don't know if they are OP or something, but it would be cool to change that. Make the other class more appealing so I don't have to fight the same bubble guy over and over!

Lmao this post will go about as good as your last nerf post did.

And there are more mercs then sorcs as the fotm kids are seening that sorcs are not op and quite blah for a dps class.

I challenge any of you QQing bad players to roll a sorc to 50 and then say they are op.

I don't even play my sorc now days as my assassin is sooooo much better.

My merc is lol more op then my sorc .

My sniper ***** sorcs. But is sort of a boring class to me.

And ops 4-5 shot a sorc so where is the op of the sorc ?

There was a post just the other day with 150+ pages of QQers asking for sorc nerfs. The best part it was like 15 guys total .

Why is that? That only 15 total? Easy sorcs are by far the lowest dps class in the game. Lowest life in the game. And light armor to go with it.

Can the in a good group get big heal numbers yes and dmg to but its by using a junk.kill no one aoe spell and spaming dots that do **** dmg.

What sorcs have is cc , they have some of not Tue best cc in the game.

The kicker is they are ment ti have low dps And the best cc as the are a supper class.

The jedi story is sort of lame so you see a lot less sages , sorcs have by far the best story , its finger grate. You get to kill rooms of players in it when they piss you off. so you see a lot sticking with then just for that.

At any rate , I know this is just one more in a long list of trolls to nerf any thing , just for a show.

I play a sage.

tracer missile

-30% of my hp

tracer missile

-30% of my hp

tracer missile

-30% of my hp

tracer missile

dead.

So one, one button wonder class is ************ about another one?

I have no idea if sorc/sage is OP or not, what I know is that no class be in sage/sorc, merc/commando should spend the majority of their pvp spamming one single button because that ability is so effective there is no reason to use anything else. We all have 4 hotbars full of skills for a reason, time to make the easy mode classes use them.

On our server, about 75% of 50s Empire player are Assassin/Sorcerer.

It's getting ridicoulus. I don't know if they are OP or something, but it would be cool to change that. Make the other class more appealing so I don't have to fight the same bubble guy over and over!

Ya how cool would it be to force others to lay what your told them to. So that you can fight what you you won't. I mean its not like what they like to play matters so long as you get what you wont.

So one, one button wonder class is ************ about another one?

I have no idea if sorc/sage is OP or not, what I know is that no class be in sage/sorc, merc/commando should spend the majority of their pvp spamming one single button because that ability is so effective there is no reason to use anything else. We all have 4 hotbars full of skills for a reason, time to make the easy mode classes use them.

Roll a sorc and you'll realize why we spam force lightning. Hint - it has nothing to do with damage FL does (which is mediocre at best).

Lol as a DPS Sorc myself i find that Sages actually are one of the few challenges i face in PvP. Still for me, a sorc, im usually top 4 eah PvP mainly because of kills and damage. I can cast slow, affliction, and crushing darkness then lighting on a aingle foe or use death field and force storm for crowd control

Ya how cool would it be to force others to lay what your told them to. So that you can fight what you you won't. I mean its not like what they like to play matters so long as you get what you wont.

You might want to re-read what I wrote.

Make, other, class, more, appealing?

You know? I didn't say anything about forcing someone? Just give us cool aobut other class so we see more diversity in the game!