no more black hole comms in story EC?

Also were is the TFB Level relic that were on the PTS that did not go live . so this may not be a bug at all they may plan to make TFB and the other places reward them some how, other then the weekly . At least i hope thats what it is . :). IF not then why SUb for that matter why even play Swtor i like to raid and plan to keep subing but if this is ment to be its a bad move on there part . and another kick in the face at the guy that pays to play the game to raid .:) . well wait and see i guess ...... Edited by moonshoter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also were is the TFB Level relic that were on the PTS that did not go live . so this may not be a bug at all they may plan to make TFB and the other places reward them some how, other then the weekly . At least i hope thats what it is . :). IF not then why SUb for that matter why even play Swtor i like to raid and plan to keep subing but if this is ment to be its a bad move on there part . and another kick in the face at the guy that pays to play the game to raid .:) . well wait and see i guess ......

They commented on this on the live stream, the 400 comm relics weren't meant for live and accidently ended up on the pts. Here's the link , and here is the direct quote.

Q: With the coming new 1.4 Update, what is the reason behind relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations but only marginally better or new Black Hole gear that costs 350 Black Hole Commendations

The side effect of PTS is that occasionally items that are not intended for live made it up there and unfortunately that specific item was the case of that. So that item in particular is going to be removed, reviewed, and hopefully a better version will come out in a future update.

Mind you this begs the question of why the hazmat implants somehow made it to live seeing as they offer just as much of a marginal stat boost for what is a similar amount of comms.

Edited by Admoniter

Guess thats why I said what i said maybe this is intened and not a bugg with plans later on like a week or two

to give us a better way to get comms for SMs like EC TFB but not for SMEV/KP other then the weekly im ok with that .

.....if not sigh but ill just wait and see and for now i have stoped stacking game card time ...:( .

Edited by moonshoter

• Dev Post
Any news on this yet? Also, what about BH comms for SM TFB?

I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.

I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.

And why ? or is that asking to much and plz no comments form others who really dont know . :) ... if it is to stop gearing up in end game gear then stop reing modes etc for the schamatic we can stil gear up in end game gear and not raid ... some one on my server is allready selling level 27 s . :) sorry about the venting but what re Dev thinking about if when F2p goes in the only way to raid and ware that gear is to sub why should it matter were BH conns drops .... if Subing maybe the only way to get alot of them .... I won't be runin SM EC any more no reason to even the mats are not worth the waste of time and nor will I run NIM KP any more no point in it any more other then maybe the mount or hat im told the hat drops in hm to so why run NIM ... and why even have the weekly SMs give BHs :) sigh ...

Edited by moonshoter

Maybe it would help if you could explain WHY?

Because I'm sensing a Camel's Back & Straw moment.

This line intentionally left blank

Edited by Woetoo

And why ? or is that asking to much and plz no comments form others who really dont know . :) ... if it is to stop gearing up in end game gear then stop reing modes etc for the schamatic we can stil gear up in end game gear and not raid ... some one on my server is allready selling level 27 s . :) sorry about the venting but what re Dev thinking about if when F2p goes in the only way to raid and were that gear is to sub why should it matter were BH conns drops ....

Yes exerlant question, this change will just make it harder to transition from SM to HM.

Exactly why? Especially considering the absolutely ridiculous prices on the new implants for stupidly minimal upgrades. The justification behind those prices was that folks would now be able to obtain lots of BH comms in additional ways. I wouldn't really call this additional more than shifting it to higher difficulty content. And Group Finder content. Forcing people to run daily FPs, and weekly story mode original ops through the group finder really isn't the way.

There are less and less reasons to run old content, and for my new 50 characters more and more irritations on gearing up.

I think it is poor judgement to retro nerf things that should have been setup this way in the first place. I understand that SM's can now be ran in columi, and get rakata. That makes them truly tier 1, and that is great.

However SM Denova and SM TFB are not possible to run in columi, and only drop rakata except 2 BH pieces, one from each of the last bosses. So basically you have to be in Rakata Plus to run these, but there is no point to continually run them when you have 8 people with 12 needed bh items and only 2 items drop per run. Yes you can still do your dailies for comms, but the fact that you have nerfed the ability to get a full BH geared toon out to being MONTHS instead of weeks is detrimental to the community.

No bh in Tier 1? EV/KP? ABSOLUTELY

But once you get to SM EC you are now on par with the hard mode tier 1's, and already have full rakata. What is the point in running them?

Established 50's this isnt going to affect too much, but alts and NEW PLAYERS will be alienated by this change. And you people need MORE new players, not less.

Edited by yoshua

Is this the so-called ''better communication''? Stealth nerfing stuff?

and what about NIGHTMARE Karragga??

There are less and less reasons to run old content, and for my new 50 characters more and more irritations on gearing up.

I think it is poor judgement to retro nerf things that should have been setup this way in the first place. I understand that SM's can now be ran in columi, and get rakata. That makes them truly tier 1, and that is great.

However SM Denova and SM TFB are not possible to run in columi, and only drop rakata except 2 BH pieces, one from each of the last bosses. So basically you have to be in Rakata Plus to run these, but there is no point to continually run them when you have 8 people with 12 needed bh items and only 2 items drop per run. Yes you can still do your dailies for comms, but the fact that you have nerfed the ability to get a full BH geared toon out to being MONTHS instead of weeks is detrimental to the community.

No bh in Tier 1? EV/KP? ABSOLUTELY

But once you get to SM EC you are now on par with the hard mode tier 1's, and already have full rakata. What is the point in running them?

Established 50's this isnt going to affect too much, but alts and NEW PLAYERS will be alienated by this change. And you people need MORE new players, not less.

I couldnt agre more why even Run them we all need to stick togather on this short sightedness and il bet most of Dev dont even play on line games even thu they claim they do :( .... and now we are back to were we were before before 1.4 with nothing better to do other then run HM OPs. then what after its clear log off and wait till reset . you all can't come up with better ideas other then reuse old content .

Edited by moonshoter

This is yet another in a string of mind bogglingly dumb ideas. If you want to gate content by gear, that is fine. But the least you could do is go the full way in copying the WoW model and make the previous sets (through campaign) easier to get as the new set (dread guard) comes out.

originally i remember being told that the BH comms from Denova was so that every player could walk away with 'something' when you ran it. Because it dropped gear you already had to have to be there, and a couple pieces of bh at the end.

essentially this nerf makes it so that only 2 people (possibly one if they win both rolls) have an opportunity for a bh piece, and most often? it is an implant. What is the point of running these raids other than seeing the content?

can a dev please CLEARLY explain what they expect raid progression to look like? here is what it is in my head

HM Flash Points for CM

T-1 SM Ops - EV/KP - Columi Rakata Drop

T-1.5- HM Ops - EV/KP - Rakata Drop (no real progression)

T-1.75- NiM Ops - EV/KP - Rakata Drop (no progression at all without bh comms)

T-1.75 - SM EC - Rakata Drops + 1 BH piece (no progression for 7/8 members of the raid)

T-2 - SM TFB - Rakata Drops + 1/2 BH piece (it takes more than rakata to run this, so getting to this point is nigh impossible at being eligible for 1 or 2 pieces of bh per week out of 16 (2 raids) people

T-2.25 EC HM - Campaign Drops - Getting here is nigh impossible if it takes you MONTHS to get your BH set. Sure you can do it with 5+ pieces of bh and perfectly augmented and modded rakata, but you shouldnt 'have' to be elite to progress, you should just have to clear the last run over and over.

T-2.5 HM TFB - Dread/Hazmat = You need full campaign to run this. Modded and Augmented

This looks like failed progression from my point of view. Where I said 'no real progression' is where BH comms should be to make up for the lack of actual gear progression. and NiM T-1 Ops? absolutely no reason to run it except the title now, and lets be honest, the title is a cake walk if you wait till you have campaign to do it.

Edited by yoshua

Realistically, wouldn't it be smarter to give us more ways to get BH comms, not fewer? Turning everything into a cash-sink and never-ending grind is NOT the way to go, to keep people playing, or attract others.

Edited by Darvus

I'll be honest, was totally excited for 1.4, it was what was keeping me from world of pokemon: panda edition.

Now? not so much, this grind is making panda land look better, not worse.

They are continually removing reasons for people to play, especially for people who are not in hardcore raiding guilds, and even many of those are losing their reasons to play with continual server merges, loss of guild names and the eventual death of guilds.

All this game has to offer at this point is the path from 1 to 50 since the end game content is losing its perks to play it and many are losing their access to the gear required to play it without being in a hardcore raiding guild. Yet soon they will no longer charge people to play from 1 to 50, it really seems like there is no one at the helm here with any clear idea of where they are headed.

What an awful change. We are still working on this operation since we are a bit behind and the coms were a nice motivation for everyone as it meant all players got something at least for their runs or partial runs.

This has got to be the only game I've ever played that has had to constantly ret-con their patch notes, rofl...

Does anybody else get the feeling that the reduced BH comms is a way to add these to the F2P cartel/pay shop option? Seems this would indeed make the game P2W if thats the case. Otherwise, there is no logical explanation for reducing the amount of comms we were already getting. An extra 20 a week form SM EC was not over the top or anything.

Does anybody else get the feeling that the reduced BH comms is a way to add these to the F2P cartel/pay shop option? Seems this would indeed make the game P2W if thats the case. Otherwise, there is no logical explanation for reducing the amount of comms we were already getting. An extra 20 a week form SM EC was not over the top or anything.

No, I don't get that feeling. Honestly, what I think they're doing is responding to the people who were whining back in the beginning about being able to get BIS gear without doing the hardest content. Two problems, of course. Too little too late, and it's no longer BiS, or even possible to make bis.

Most mainstream games that go F2P with a subscription option don't do that sort of thing, so I'm not sure why so many people expect Bioware to do so.

Honestly this would suggest that the Devs have a clear and decisive understanding of what they intend to do in the next six months, the majority of their actions in game changes recently don't seem to support that idea.