Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TeimurazBezh
12.10.2017 , 04:38 AM | #81
At list tell us when to expect fix or something or what is the policy or plan to address this issue !

SteveTheCynic
12.10.2017 , 08:30 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Terminology:
* Master mission = the "do the bonus series" mission you take, with objectives all of the format "do mission X for NPC Y".
* Component mission = the mission Xes that you do for the NPCs.

The problem, in all cases, happens when the character completes a component mission before acquiring the master mission. This makes it impossible to finish the master mission because:
* The master mission does not detect that you have already done the component mission.
* The component mission giver won't give it to you again.

Resetting the master mission won't help because it still doesn't recognise that you have already done the component mission, and the component mission giver still thinks you have already done it.

What should have happened *before this was ever released* was that the component missions should not be available if the character does not have the master mission AND that the master mission cannot be abandoned once at least one component mission has been acquired. (For simplicity, I'd make it "cannot be abandoned at all".)

To *fix* this, there isn't a totally satisfactory answer. My best suggestion is something like this:
* Remove the existing master and component missions from the game. Totally. Write off the fact that credits, XP, etc. have already been given out to some players.
* Create new component missions that can only be taken if the master mission is open in the character's log.
* Create a new master mission that cannot be abandoned once taken.

In this way, all characters will be able to do the *new* missions correctly, since there will be no way to complete the component missions before taking the master mission.
This is my analysis. Fixing this is not exactly simple. What I suggest above is, I think, more or less the only sane way to fix it, although since then I have had another idea:
* Modify the master missions so they reset the completion status of their component missions when taken, AND so that they cannot be abandoned or reset.
* At the same time, remove the master missions on all characters who already have them OPEN.

Either way, there will be some hairy things crawling around the edges of this.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

HisShadowX
02.05.2018 , 10:59 PM | #83
No wonder why people are quiting the game on mass this bug from years ago was never fixed

Rappeldrache
02.12.2018 , 09:02 AM | #84
I friend have the bug, too. Could you PLEASE fix it!

Kristle
03.29.2018 , 01:54 PM | #85
Checking in. Bug still present. Feels comical to waste my time typing this but hey-ho.

SashaAlexain
05.09.2018 , 08:27 AM | #86
Same here, bug is still there. Got to a certain point in the quest where I had to speak to the Engineer, wouldn't let me no matter what I did. Reset the quest like they suggested, spoke to the first NPC again.. now I'm stuck as I can't talk to the person involving "Missing link".

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2018 , 01:39 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by SashaAlexain View Post
Same here, bug is still there. Got to a certain point in the quest where I had to speak to the Engineer, wouldn't let me no matter what I did. Reset the quest like they suggested, spoke to the first NPC again.. now I'm stuck as I can't talk to the person involving "Missing link".
Of course it is still there. Read the patch note history - they have never announced a fix, so it wasn't fixed. (Given the noise this issue has generated over the years, it is not possible that they are unaware of it, and I cannot believe that they would fix it without saying so.)
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

MuffinVelocity
06.13.2018 , 06:15 PM | #88
Got the bug too, I have to talk to the engineer except I can't since I've already completed his quest :/
Why was it even available to me before starting the bonus series

splacevica
06.28.2018 , 12:07 AM | #89
Just to add, that Bonus Series, are bugged for me also. I couldn't complete Taris and Balmorra, Bonus Series quests. While I remember at some point, they were working fine couple of years back, now something seems to be making a problem, and they just glitch.

SteveTheCynic
06.28.2018 , 02:19 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by splacevica View Post
Just to add, that Bonus Series, are bugged for me also. I couldn't complete Taris and Balmorra, Bonus Series quests. While I remember at some point, they were working fine couple of years back, now something seems to be making a problem, and they just glitch.
They were *always* buggy, but in pre-4.0 "normal" play, pretty much the only ones you'd normally be able to *see* the bug on would be Pub Taris and Imp Balmorra, since those are the only ones that are "at" their planet's main story level. As I recall, for example, on Hoth, the mobs in the Bonus Series area were all level 45-47 or so, which is pretty much instasquish for a 37-40 player.

If you collect the "master" mission before collecting the "component" missions, they work fine. The bug is more prevalent after 4.0 because it's easier to do the component missions before you're even *eligible* for the master mission.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.