Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kryptonomic
11.01.2015 , 03:29 AM | #1
It is possible to run across a guy named Engineer Ferron near Camp Lytle on Taris. You can run into this guy before you do the Taris Bonus Series. If you do his quest, you can complete it. However, it appears that his quest is part of the Bonus Series.

If you have done his quest prior to getting the bonus series -- and there is no indication that you should not -- then you will find that you cannot complete the bonus series at all. What happens is that you are directed to talk to him but you no longer can. And since you can't, you can no longer get his quest (since you already did it). Thus is the bonus series stopped in its tracks.

This is yet another of the many, many bugs I have found that have to do with quest givers giving quests based on level. The problem is that your level is now very easy to get very high, thus quests you probably shouldn't see yet do, in fact, appear. These quests should be gated based on whether you are doing the bonus series, not on your level.

imissleeches
11.01.2015 , 04:13 AM | #2
I have the same problem with Empire-side Nar Shaddaa bonus series. Except in my case I'd done most of it before KotFE launched, but once early access started my progress int he main bonus series quest was reset yet I could no longer access the quests needed to progress it. So the drugs are bad lady next to Captain Something shows as my target on the minimap but I can't talk to her. Resetting the quest and logging on and off didn't help.
The Nyásh Directive @The Progenitor
Home of active, high quality, organised Empire RP!

Free Cartel Market unlocks -> this way <-!

Tulmara
11.03.2015 , 12:41 AM | #3
Same problem here, I did Missing Link for Mola Haxtor before speaking to Vealo. Spoke to Vealo afterwards, he sends me to Mola to do Missing Link, she only thanks me for completing Missing Link earlier. End result, can no longer complete the Taris Bonus series.

Arkhias
11.07.2015 , 11:18 AM | #4
Likewise - I completed "Missing Link" early and can now no longer complete Taris Bonus Series.

JackBloodwheel
11.10.2015 , 12:30 AM | #5
Yeah, same here, went through doing every quest I could and am now stuck unable to complete this

TwwIX
11.19.2015 , 12:08 AM | #6
Just ran into this issue myself. Second bonus series that i have run into that's bugged and impossible to complete.

Seek and Destroy on Voss has similar issues since the waypoint takes you to a non interactive Terminal.
>>>Insert Sig Here<<<

Sheebee
11.19.2015 , 09:36 PM | #7
I am also not able to complete the Taris bonus series. I took all the quests I ran into and evidently I did them out of order or something.

katanaacredus
11.27.2015 , 04:52 PM | #8
Same problem with completing the quest to set generators properly for Engineer Ferron in Camp Lytle before doing the bonus quest series. I later picked up and followed the bonus series through the power plant, saved the Jedi, let the cron stay and teach . . .

Ended up with a map marker to go to Engineer Ferron but he is not responsive. tried to reset and now it shows in grey that I need need to revisit Mola Haxtor, and she just gives me the "It must be hard . . ." speech.

Defrago
12.04.2015 , 03:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by katanaacredus View Post
Same problem with completing the quest to set generators properly for Engineer Ferron in Camp Lytle before doing the bonus quest series. I later picked up and followed the bonus series through the power plant, saved the Jedi, let the cron stay and teach . . .

Ended up with a map marker to go to Engineer Ferron but he is not responsive. tried to reset and now it shows in grey that I need need to revisit Mola Haxtor, and she just gives me the "It must be hard . . ." speech.
Have exactly same problem with my Shadow Jedi Consular D'qmzontena on The Red Eclipse server

Screenshot of this

UPD so my ticket is answered. Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations answered me:

Quote:
We are sorry that you have encountered an issue with your mission, however please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.

If your mission is located within a story area or flashpoint, please try leaving the phase by either:

• Walking out of the Phased Zone via the Portal Entrance (Green Gate)
• Reset the Phase by right clicking on your portrait and selecting reset phase /reset local phase.
• Using your Quick Travel ability to a Bind Point.
• Using your Emergency Fleet Pass.

If this does not help fix your mission problem, or the mission is not located within a story phase or flashpoint, please try resetting the mission and then attempting it again.
And ticket is closed. Seems the only way is to wait for the patches

Modio
12.05.2015 , 05:01 PM | #10
And swtor official reply? I have the same problem... I'm surprised that they don't say anything about that or fix it... Are they going to fix it?