Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tier 4 Gear in Game Update 5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Tier 4 Gear in Game Update 5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Xyphos
03.04.2017 , 06:34 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
(Strictly MHO, of course)

It's not even remotely Musco, OK? Musco just reports the news, he doesn't make it.)

[/I]
To be fair, I didn't call out Musco individually at all. I am well aware of the fact that Musco's job as community manager means just that. I specifically made it ambiguous with 'you all' and 'we' as to not implicate any single person. I'm simply looking for the answers to those questions I posted, they don't need to name anybody for that nor am I seeking to pass the blame to a single person.

Five-O-One
03.05.2017 , 06:57 PM | #102
Please (PLEASE) make the gear items that drop from Command Crates generic -- like a universal token. Even better, make that token bind-to-legacy! We could then take that token to the appropriate Fleet vendor to purchase an item, similar to upgrading an item to the next-higher tier today. This would remove the issue of getting dup/triplicates and also help with gearing alts.

Ardarell_Solo
03.06.2017 , 08:27 AM | #103
Thanks for the detailed info.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
While we do have plans for new items in the future, these may or may not come with additional Ranks or through a new Tier level. Once we determine the appropriate delivery mechanism, we’ll let you know, but more than likely that’ll be much later in the year!

Let us know your thoughts, thanks everyone.

-eric
My thoughts on the "appropriate delivery mechanism": No new Command ranks please. I have 10 alts on the bench atm that I used to and loved to play regularly. I don't have the nerve to push more than the two character's I have been working on since 5.0 trough any Command Ranks whatsoever and I'm hearing the same thing from friends and guildies.

So please do determine a different delivery mechanism. Otherwise I will be having a very hard time trying to find reasons to stick to SWTOR.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

DarthBatemanJ
03.06.2017 , 12:30 PM | #104
Has it been confirmed if we can craft tier 4 items like 1 thru 3. Some detail on that would be great!!!
Rutunest

WaSiLinLaoBei
03.08.2017 , 03:10 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by WaSiLinLaoBei View Post
What about crafting ? Can we craft Tier 4 artifact mods once we got them and reverse engineer ?
Does anyone know ?
Here's my referral link to get your 7 days and free transfer!
http://www.swtor.com/r/vNWYPv
May the force be with you.

scardera
03.08.2017 , 09:40 AM | #106
still no solution for the incredible grind fest for alts t4 drops should be bind to legacy unasembled tokens

Quraswren
03.08.2017 , 12:59 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Five-O-One View Post
Please (PLEASE) make the gear items that drop from Command Crates generic -- like a universal token. Even better, make that token bind-to-legacy! We could then take that token to the appropriate Fleet vendor to purchase an item, similar to upgrading an item to the next-higher tier today. This would remove the issue of getting dup/triplicates and also help with gearing alts.
I'd love to see that.

I'd love to see a way to get unassembled components other than PVP/GSF. Maybe buy them with command tokens or place them in daily areas, URs or FP so that there is a PVE aspect to upgrading gear as well.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

GalacticKegger
03.08.2017 , 01:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Thanks for the detailed info.

My thoughts on the "appropriate delivery mechanism": No new Command ranks please. I have 10 alts on the bench atm that I used to and loved to play regularly. I don't have the nerve to push more than the two character's I have been working on since 5.0 trough any Command Ranks whatsoever and I'm hearing the same thing from friends and guildies.

So please do determine a different delivery mechanism. Otherwise I will be having a very hard time trying to find reasons to stick to SWTOR.
This.

A nebulous Command Rank system where characters level through a promiscuous ladder tree will not work as a discipline-specific tiered content difficulty MMO progression system where characters level through actual content. These two systems are mutually exclusive in form, fit and function.

FIX: Revert the entire game from starter planets through level cap Operations back to our pre-4.0 tiered content difficulty progression system and use Command Ranks as a subordinate and non-critical achievement system that compliments the Legacy system.

Live content progression needs live loot tables. Period. A nebulous Command Crate system where characters acquire gear via an indiscriminate lottery system that has nothing to do with the content being progressed through is unreliable and will not work. Like their progression system counterparts these two systems are mutually exclusive in form, fit and function.

FIX: Revert the entire game (not just Ops bosses) back to our pre-4.0 live loot table system and use Command Crates as a subordinate and non-critical gear and rewards system.

After removing Galactic Command from the front lines and into a purely supporting role ...
  • for Crate drops maybe add unassembled components to construct class and build specific BoL Command Gear similar to WoW's Heirloom gear that levels with a character through level cap, with a token system that can be added to future expansions where each token can be applied to an individual BoL Command Gear piece to update it to the new level cap.
  • Maybe even have each of the 7 tracks award a specific BoL Tier set (without set bonuses) that is indigenous to its track (ship components for the GSF track, additional story arcs for the Chapters track, additional wings for Uprisings, Flashpoints and Operations tracks, etc...) that initially starts at Tier 1 and increases to a next tier in Legacy with each additional character that completes the grind.
Those are just a couple of ideas that may well give players reason to grind Command Ranks, while those whose focus is progressing through "the real live game" can do so without having a cantankerous and convoluted system drag them through the mud for reasons that have nothing to do with what they are specifically playing.

Galactic Command can work really well as a supporting and non-specialized achievement and rewards system. It just can't do what a MMO needs for either a main progression or loot system. The game's original MMO progression and loot systems never should have been removed because they worked great and were a helluva lot better on their worst days than GC will ever be capable of.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

SGMRock
03.10.2017 , 07:02 AM | #109
Eric,

Question, if you are going to now cap the CXP level at 300 and not let it go up at all for Tier 4, how will you handle this Tier 5 you say is a few months away? It seems to me you should still have had some levels of GC to make future releases of tiers work in your current system. I mean will T5 just be GC Level 301, or would you make T5 be 300 and just adjust the levels of the tiers below that?

PhantomWarlock
03.16.2017 , 10:29 AM | #110
Hey Eric,

will there be Tier 4 schematics? If so, how will the crafted gear relate to Tier 3 Legendary gear?
As an Assassin Tank I heavily rely on crafted Mods and Enhancements, so I would greatly appreciate if you could give us some info on that