Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah 8 fully voiced class stories, boy that concept turned out well for SWTOR, holy cow!

2.3 million boxes+subs sold, down to less than 500K subs, F2P within 6 months, 220 servers merged to 17, two rounds of layoffs. Anything else I forgot?

Do it again devs, class stories will turn the ship around, this time for sure! Why try something new if you can make the same mistake twice. :rolleyes:

I just don't know how you contain your joy, happiness, and positive outlook for this game. :rolleyes:

I mean.. you clearly pay to play it.. so let some of your joy and happiness flow. :p

I have no idea what "legacy" means. That's way too broad a topic.

It means more features, perks, and content that is legacy system specific IMO. It is after all a common theme in requests in the forum. Not everyone agrees as to what perks and features.. but it's quite common for people to want more content that feeds the Legacy system

Edited by Andryah

I have no idea what "legacy" means. That's way too broad a topic.

Some of the other categories are somewhat ill-defined, too. I'd love more companion stories for the class-specific companions, for example (as well as dialogue/interactions), but I have no interest in adding more companions, so do I vote for 'companions' or does that fall somewhat under 'class story' too? (I voted for both)

That aside, class story is the big one for me aside from the 'standard MMO' additions (flashpoints, operations, etc.). The only one that I didn't vote for that I wish I had is 'minigames' which can be a nice break from the other stuff to do.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Some of the other categories are somewhat ill-defined, too. I'd love more companion stories for the class-specific companions, for example (as well as dialogue/interactions), but I have no interest in adding more companions, so do I vote for 'companions'?

That aside, class story is the big one for me aside from the 'standard MMO' additions (flashpoints, operations, etc.).

I did choose "companions," but I see your point. I assumed it meant "more stuff with the existing basic companions," but that's just my assumption.

Yeah 8 fully voiced class stories, boy that concept turned out well for SWTOR, holy cow!

2.3 million boxes+subs sold, down to less than 500K subs, F2P within 6 months, 220 servers merged to 17, two rounds of layoffs. Anything else I forgot?

Yes. You forgot to blame oranges because apples are red.

Do it again devs, class stories will turn the ship around, this time for sure! Why try something new if you can make the same mistake twice. :rolleyes:

See if you can fix those eyes on some kind of reason why your sarcasm does not contain as much wisdom as you seem to believe. Take your time. This hill is particularly slippery.....

Yes. You forgot to blame oranges because apples are red.

See if you can fix those eyes on some kind of reason why your sarcasm does not contain as much wisdom as you seem to believe. Take your time. This hill is particularly slippery.....

Is that an oblique reference to "ice-skating uphill?" You do like that one.

...only your undertaker knows for sure. ;)

I do, don't I. Funny how often it applies from my perspective.

Hehe.. thing is.. ice skating downhill is more productive, but also more dangerous. :D

So we must be mindful to skate on level ice. :) It offers the right balance of productivity and risk IMO. :p

Edited by Andryah

I voted for companions in a "Improved Companions" be it more stories, letting each companion fill different roles based on what kit stuff you give them, ie... if you buy the tanking skill set you can drop it on say Vette, and she has tanking skills. Or if you want Khem to be a healer, drop the healing skill set on him and he can be a healer. That would be pretty cool

What's funny is that the one thing Bioware said wasn't going to happen is running at 75-80% of what people want... heh.

Edited by StarMagus

Wish the devs would do this poll officially like when they did a poll back in the day on Facebook with the Party Jawa...

Anyhow:

Planets, Class Stories, Companions, Minigames and Legacy for me.

Agree ^ ....Polls made by developers show community they are active and care about what the community wants as a whole....not just the loud mouth complainers.

Wish the devs would do this poll officially like when they did a poll back in the day on Facebook with the Party Jawa...

Except they'd only do it on Facebook and, don't you have to Facebook friend them to do anything on that page?

Except they'd only do it on Facebook and, don't you have to Facebook friend them to do anything on that page?

Yeah.. for them.. doing it on Facebook is better as it's open to everyone.

That said.. I don't do Facebook, and never will.

I left the titles (legacy, Class story, Companions, etc) very open on purpose, because each one contains so much possible content if I tried to list a few examples it would only limit them more. Legacy in itself is a very broad spectrum as the legacy system covers a lot. I wanted Companions to mean what you think it means...everything that has to do with companions etc.

I left the titles (legacy, Class story, Companions, etc) very open on purpose, because each one contains so much possible content if I tried to list a few examples it would only limit them more. Legacy in itself is a very broad spectrum as the legacy system covers a lot. I wanted Companions to mean what you think it means...everything that has to do with companions etc.

Personally, I like the way you did the categories. You struck a good balance between segmentation, while keeping the total number of variables within reason. And you let us choose up to 5, which allows better polling since few people want only one thing in an MMO.

And interesting meta themes I see emerging is:

1) there is a clear evidence of the popularity of class story and to a lessor degree mini-games and planets.

2) everything else (except crafting) is fairly evenly distributed.... showing how diverse the player base is.

3) PvP and Crafting score lower then the volume of demand statements in the forum indicate. They are actually about where I would expect them to be... so this further demonstrates that crafters and PvPers are vocal demanders. And PvPers have a penchant for speaking on behalf of everyone, while really speaking for themselves. This is exactly why polls are good for the forum.

Edited by Andryah

I thought polls aren't welcome... ;D

Whatever.

I choose class story, companions and Legacy because those are WHAT MADE SWTOR. Period. Without class stories it's just another generic mmo. Just in a Star Wars setting and with much less features.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am surprised that Operations does not have more votes. I wonder if that is because most people are happy with the amount of Operations we have or if less people play Operations than I would think.

I would gather that this represents the notion that most players are happy with the current pace/progress on Operations in the patching cycles. Frankly.. that could be true for PvP too.. though I think the low PvP number speaks more to this game being minority PvP (regardless of what zealots tell us otherwise).

Well operations are nice but if a new one comes out that means new gear level and new gear level means additional grinding on top of current and the current gear is obsolete so people are content with them for now.

Like Bioware has said a few times, the forum visitors tend to be of a different breed than the vast hordes out there. :p

I'm guessing the average MMOer out there is going "lulz @ stories!".

I am surprised that Operations does not have more votes. I wonder if that is because most people are happy with the amount of Operations we have or if less people play Operations than I would think.

Operations are awesome, but that road from 1-50 made us fall in love with our characters. THAT is what cemented my love of SWTOR. The devs got us hooked, and we've been chasing the Class Story dragon ever since.

I think the low PvP number speaks more to this game being minority PvP (regardless of what zealots tell us otherwise).

yeah, you "think" again (cringe)

I play PvP, did I vote "game needs more PvP"? Do you see my name there? No.

You PvE-only extremists always love to pretend there is a PvE vs. PvP debate, in reality there are normal people who simply play everything because not everyone is a PvP hating carebear, but I still think this game needs other cool stuff first before adding more PvP maps.

Anyway, this poll is a big fat joke. Lots of shoulder patting going on here, the reality of what this game needs is outside of this forum, look it up in the unsubscribers thread or on mmorpg.com

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst