Double Maintenance Again This Week

:(

I've tried to defend you BW on so many different things but come on man...

I don't care if you're fixing something.

I don't care if you missed something in last night's patch.

I don't care if you're adding Utopia.

I don't care that this or that person didn't make it to work.

You get the picture.

Consolidate your maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twice a week is BS.

Edit: My position stands regardless of the matrix cube issue. Also it shouldn't take 4 hours to fix a matrix cube issue.

Edited by GRINnBARRETT

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the picture.

Consolidate your maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twice a week is BS.

Yeah, God forbid they fix stuff in a timely manner ....

Yeah, God forbid they fix stuff in a timely manner ....

God forbid they release a patch that doesnt break something for once i suppose that is to hard to ask for.

5 months in they still need a 2nd patch to fix everything they broke during the first patch...

As usual, it's a patch to fix the patch they just released.

I want what's broken fixed ASAP, because losing my relic is a pretty big deal.

BUT

That doesn't change the fact that needing to fix it shows some pretty sloppy QA on Bioware's part that this was put into production as is. It should of been tested and they should of found out about it before the patch was released.

You get the picture.

Are you level 50? Do you have a matrix cube? If you do, go and check your character and see if it is still there and then come back and say this.

Are you level 50? Do you have a matrix cube? If you do, go and check your character and see if it is still there and then come back and say this.

So why not bring the servers down now? Why wait?

I love this game, and im not going to stop playing it, but maintenance during the only time i can play really upsets me, and then to have it 2 nights in a row is a disaster for me.

I wish they would do it like road maintenance , it happens at 3am in Australia.

Huh? Whats level 50 got to do with it? You can have a matrix cube from low levels.

Its a crock when they have a PTS server which is perpetually shutdown when it could be used to have this sort of thing caught. ie Push a patch to PTS on say a Thursday, if no reports of problems put it live via a schedule Tuesday maintenance window.

Having this sort of bug force another day worth of downtime (yes its a day as its 7pm to 11pm my time and i work) is another display of incompetance.

I love this game, and im not going to stop playing it, but maintenance during the only time i can play really upsets me, and then to have it 2 nights in a row is a disaster for me.

I wish they would do it like road maintenance , it happens at 3am in Australia.

3am in Australia is irrelevant. they have not yet heard of time zones.

Yeah, guess they should just leave things broken that they find out after the weekly maintence until next one.

Crazy thought, how about they test stuff internally before pushing it live?

Apparently they don't have a very rigorous (if any) testing process on a (simulated or otherwise) live environment, because these "followup" patches are usually to fix an issue that was directly caused by the previous patch.

You get the picture.

You do know that tonights maintenance is a result of last nights maintenance yes? So if last night didn't break matrix cubes there wouldn't need to be tonights maintenance. See how that works?

In general tho ... It would be nice if we only had one maintenance a week and there was more testing done on the PTS ( with character copies to the PTS available).

Cause if they brought the servers down now to put the fix in, there would be even more topics whining about the downtime.

So it is obviously not important enough, in their eyes, to fix asap. Why screw up the only healthy population you still have?

I'll do you one better; I have 2 50s. I also have a plethora of alts, all with matrix cubes. My position stands. If you check my post history you can see I've defended BW many times, but this kind of stuff WILL be remembered when it's time to renew.

exactly..we kinda want our stuff,and i dont wanna wait till next patch for it...fixing the game is a good thing,stop crying about it

Huh? Whats level 50 got to do with it? You can have a matrix cube from low levels.

for those of you who dont know...our lvl 50 matrix cubes have been disappering,and we kinda want them,and this is what the fix is. read up before you attack people

Dont care if they have maintenance every day this week, as long as they are fixing stuff and working on the new stuff. The casuals need to start learning that if they dont fix this stuff they wont have a game to play.

Yeah i know they shouldnt have messed it up in the first place but ill take the new stuff that should be in this game in the first place at the cost of some daily maintenance to fix their screw ups.

Here's an idea... fix the damn Auction House. GTN or whatever it's called. Every 'patch' you put out seems to break something.

Oh, and I still hear the lovely "SCREEEEEEEECH" sound in the instances like Black Talon. Ever gonna fix that, Bioware?

Edited by agrik

You get the picture.

Edit: My position stands regardless of the matrix cube issue. Also it shouldn't take 4 hours to fix a matrix cube issue.

#1 Nobody cares about the opinion of casuals anymore.

#2 it probably wont take 4 hours at all.