Corusca Gems

Stesc

Okay, so after doing about 50 Treasure Hunting (Grade 6 Gemstone) missions, I have gotten a grand total of 2 Corusca Gems. What's the catch?

You need to crit on the mission to get a Corusca.

Use companions with high affection and +Crit to Treasure Hunting if you have them.

If all else fails, get a purple 340 Treasure Hunting mission from the GTN.

Alright, so I have a companion with +15 to Treasure Hunting. I've been using him on the abundant yields. I may look for that mission on the GTN.

I'm guessing you're using Zenth as a JC?

The +15 is Efficiency.

Eff will reduce the time taken to complete the mission, but not improve your crit chances.

Ideally you want a companion with +5 Critical, but you won't have that option as a JC. In fact, none of your companions will have a +Crit to Treasure Hunting. The best you can do is max your affection with Zenith (give him lots of Imperial Memorablia gifts) and keep him running.

Companions with +Crit to Treasure Hunting:

Kira - Jedi Knight (+1)

Skadge - Bounty Hunter (+2)

Vette - Sith Warrior (+5)

Alright, so I have a companion with +15 to Treasure Hunting. I've been using him on the abundant yields. I may look for that mission on the GTN.

That's efficiency, which helps him run them faster, but not crit more often. Of course, since he runs them faster, you can fit in more missions per time period and get more crits that way.

Because you don't get better than abundant yields, you are pretty much best off using the wealthy missions if you want the rare stuff.

I only do the abundent Grade 6 gemstone mission.

Usually, get 3 corusca gems for every 5 missions.

Then again, I tend to use the same companion because she has +5 critical to treasure hunting and max affection.

I tend to sell them for 7000 credits per gem on the GTN.

Edited by Quiet

It seems like over the past few weeks the chance for corusca gems has dropped or something. I used to send Vette off constantly and she would bring me back Coruscas at a decent rate. Over the past couple of weeks I have sent her on every abundant mission available and haven't received a single corusca.

Don't expect them from normal mission, even if you are a sith warrior.

Just get the 340 missions.

You spent way more credits for trying to get them from normal missions (nobody needs/buys the blue gems anyway) than it costs to buy one 340 mission, which yields 4 guaranteed, 5 if crit, along with other sellable stuff from the lockboxes.

Edited by Machtkatze

• 2 months later...

You right click the mission from your inventory and it adds the mission to your companion mission list, it'll always be at the bottom with an unlock icon.

The other way to improve chances now is fitting the ship droid with the appropriate sensor part. It costs 1m credits to buy the droid vendor who sells them and another 100k for the sensor part, but - if you know someone who has already got the droid vendor on their ship, you can simply accompany them onto their ship while grouped and just outlay for the sensor part.

You right click the mission from your inventory and it adds the mission to your companion mission list, it'll always be at the bottom with an unlock icon.

The other way to improve chances now is fitting the ship droid with the appropriate sensor part. It costs 1m credits to buy the droid vendor who sells them and another 100k for the sensor part, but - if you know someone who has already got the droid vendor on their ship, you can simply accompany them onto their ship while grouped and just outlay for the sensor part.

But it isn't. I clicked and added the mission (at least, there was a progress bar that ended quickly), but I can't see any new missions when I click the "archaeology tab for any of my companions.