People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

So now game isn't balanced weird. So you cherry pick games because the other team plays better I see.

I know where this is going, and no I don't agree.

The nerf this class and I am unsubing threads are that way ----->

I am talking about people leaving Warzones and there is no excuse.

Your excuses is why SWTOR needs a deserter buff.

Why?

Cause it's QQ.

Balanced in terms of equal teams with people who actually play. I guess you could consider it "playing better" if half of your team isn't playing AT ALL, or might as well not be. Yep.

Like I have said many times in many threads, a deserter debuff of any magnitude will not stop me from leaving a broken game; I can fill my time in other ways while I wait. I play PvP for good games between good teams, not because I enjoy cluster****s and shambles.

I tend not to quit games in WoW unless they are insanely broken (5capped in the first minute, for example), but the reason for that is because there is a much higher value in losing in WoW than there is in SWTOR. In SWTOR a win is worth about 7 times a loss assuming you have the daily/weekly. In WoW it is worth about double. You do the math. If you want me to sit there and take it up the butt for ANY REASON, the answer is not by locking me out if I leave. It is to make it worthwhile for me to sit there and take it.

Edited by Delekii

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now game isn't balanced weird. So you cherry pick games because the other team plays better I see.

I know where this is going, and no I don't agree.

The nerf this class and I am unsubing threads are that way ----->

I am talking about people leaving Warzones and there is no excuse.

Your excuses is why SWTOR needs a deserter buff.

Why?

Cause it's QQ.

No he hand picks games that will be fun, not ruined by jerks that think it's fun to cheat h4x. Or maybe he doesnt want to go against a team with nothing but sorcs/sages commandos/mercs on it. It's his choice, not yours. Do i agree with leaving a match? No, do i agree that there should be so many people playing sorcs? no, but nothing i can do about it until bioware does.

Balanced in terms of equal teams with people who actually play. I guess you could consider it "playing better" if half of your team isn't playing AT ALL, or might as well not be. Yep.

Like I have said many times in many threads, a deserter debuff of any magnitude will not stop me from leaving a broken game; I can fill my time in other ways while I wait. I play PvP for good games between good teams, not because I enjoy cluster****s and shambles.

Like it or not atm rules need implemented as followed,

1. You click leave.

2. A disconnect during a game, and you decide to come back.

3. Whatever.

Warcraft has a deserter buff , League of Legends has a deserter buff and a report a afk or leaving.

No excuses, no questions asked, QQ needs trumped with rules.

Or like my father used to say "Tough ***** said the kitty"

Meaning get over it.

Well that sheds a lot of light on where your "viewpoint" is coming from. As part of the six hundred club you have the most to lose by not being able to valor farm in warzones and having to regularly face opfor of equal ability.
Oh, but I thought it was only Battlemasters who are 600 clubbers, at least according to the quitter clubbers. I don't feel I have anything to lose, in any warzone. I stay regardless of the circumstances. Regardless of if we are getting pwned from the start, or farmed later on, or if I join one that started long ago and has long since been losing, and will shortly end. I stay. Because I enjoy playing the game for what the game is, win or lose.

As a day one WoW'ser it doesn't surprise me that I recall things "differently" than you. Implementing "punishments" was part of an entire range of changes and "fixes." So, no, the problem was not solved by just punishing the quitters. The problem was reduced by improving the system.

Welp, we already know you're a liar. 'Cause if you started playing WoW from day 1, then you would know there were no battlegrounds until about 4 months into release. Anything else you care to lie about and get busted on?

So you are branding it with "quitters who don't like a challenge?" How about "paying customers" who don't like "wasting their time," instead?

Your money is not worth more than the 7 other people on your team who you just griefed by quitting on, no matter if you count it in Won, Euros, or Pounds.

Nor do I, or even most, quit if they are down by one point.

Yes, they do. If you stayed for most matches that lose at the very beginning, you would know this. But I don't expect you to, being a self admitted quitter and all.

I already showed you the real scenarios I've encountered. Like a stealther waiting for their "run and hide" ability to be off cooldown before trying to get a kill, you are looking at it from the better geared, both better played and experienced are in doubt, end of the spectrum.
I'll refer to my comment above about how it seems to be the biggest glaring argument of Battlemasters that are the quitters because they have nothing else to gain but Battlemaster gear, and can only do so via wins, thus they quit.

I'm no Battlemaster. I don't have any Battlemaster gear. I have over 601 from Champion gear, minus a belt, which is Tionese. I fare just fine in PVP. You folks are using your excuse for quitting as MY excuse for staying. What's it gonna be? You can't use the same excuse FOR and AGAINST deserter debuffs. What a bunch of lame selfishness.

So you are attempting to claim a matchmaking system that includes the games "pvp" stat in its calculations would make the game worse. Does that mean that you would start quitting?
It won't make it worse. What will happen is this: Quitters gonna quit. They see a team that is outperforming them, they always gonna quit against them, then come crying to forums about it. And once they get tired of quitting from the matchmaking queue, they are going to solo-synch queue with the group mates in order to roflstomp PUGs.

A matchmaking system solves nothing alone without a penalty for leaving early. Period.

Well your pride, no matter how over inflated it might be, does not concern me. The longevity and health of this game does.
Doubtful. Quitters gonna quit. 'Nuff said there.

Improve the experience through multi-server queuing and a significant matchmaking system first

Rift tried that, and it only resulted in what I said above. You still have to penalize quitters at the same time.

No he hand picks games that will be fun, not ruined by jerks that think it's fun to cheat h4x.

1 person outta 8 deciding to leave 7 people fighting 8 means a game lost.

1 person being selfish and leaving a match already lossed is rude.

1 person deciding the fate of games needs punished for their greed.

1 person should not have a say so.

Edited by Caeliux

Like it or not atm rules need implemented as followed,

1. You click leave.

2. A disconnect during a game, and you decide to come back.

3. Whatever.

Warcraft has a deserter buff , League of Legends has a deserter buff and a report a afk or leaving.

No excuses, no questions asked, QQ needs trumped with rules.

Or like my father used to say "Tough ***** said the kitty"

Meaning get over it.

Well then I guess you just have to "get over it," for now, since none of those are currently in-game nor appear to imminently be. Though "whatever" could be, you know, whatever.

1 person outta 8 deciding to leave 7 people fighting 8 means a game lost.

1 person being selfish and leaving a match already lossed is rude.

1 person deciding the fate of games needs punished for their greed.

1 person should not have a say so.

If it was just "1" person leaving, then your assumption might be valid. If seven versus eight actually meant the match was lost, then your assumption might be valid. Since those are actually not valid, then neither are your assumptions.

If it was just "1" person leaving, then your assumption might be valid. If seven versus eight actually meant the match was lost, then your assumption might be valid. Since those are actually not valid, then neither are your assumptions.

lol ok Dr Phil.

Valid and the facts are as followed,

1 person should not be the reason a game is lost due to them leaving.

How can you prevent that?

Punishment.

Again, if you don't have the time to commit to a 15 minute game of PvP, don't join. If something comes up, leave and take the punishment. It is not my responsibility to give a damn about your personal life.

Uhm, how are people supposed to know that a sudden knock on their front door is incoming; their child falls and gets hurt; or they ate something really nasty this morning and need to go crap suddenly? (okay, that last one effects almost all gamers, so I guess they should never play games) You can't predict the unexpected things in life. I'm sorry your personal life is so uninvolved that it amounts to 6 hours of day at school, a bus ride home, 30 minutes of dinner with your parents in the evening, and never doing a single thing more. A lot of us have extremely unpredictable lives in comparison.

If you tell people what to do in ops chat, more often than not you get such winning replies as "ease up", "shut up", or the one that just makes me scratch my head "play for fun, not to win". Most reasonable people may listen, but most people are not reasonable - most people are *********** retarded.
Sounds to me like you're going about it the wrong way. I find that the best way is to use tells, be nice, and not look like you are humiliating that individual. If you are only getting the responses you described, then you are not doing it correctly, which further secures the opinion many of us have of quitters that they are narcissistic.

It is an exploit of a bug. You are not meant to be able to reach the second door before the bridge is extended as an attacker, and the fact that you think otherwise somewhat proves how irrational you are.
Uhm, force speed and jump across the short gap is not an exploit, nor a bug, nor a combination of the two. Heck, there's even a speed booster on the OTHER SIDE to allow the defenders a chance to jump back to the attacker side and defend from there. It's a long gap. A long gap, but still jumpable.

There are not always bugs or exploits that are both easily exploited by the wider populace, and game breaking in terms of balance. Until bugs like uneven team numbers or planting before defensible are fixed, quitting is the only sensible recourse.
No, the sensible recourse is to report the player names on that team, and not screw over your team who really doesn't care as much as you do about different colored pixels.

All your subjective opinion, as a person who clearly enjoys staying in lopsided games. I am selfish, I will be the first person to admit it. I am also here to tell you that until MOST of the above issues are fixed, no duration of deserter debuff will keep me in a broken PvP game.

That's fine, and I applaud for you doing so. But you won't be ruining the gaming experience for the majority of the playerbase...at least for the duration of your deserter tag.

I play for fun, not because I am masochistic - I have better things to do with my time than getting farmed by an exploiting team, or because my team are doing the chicken dance half naked in the corner.
I couldn't imagine what those things are, with how dedicated you are to just winning and never losing.

Stop presenting your opinions as anything other than that, especially when you clearly don't speak for the people you seem to think you know.
Was I wrong about you being a quitter? No. You admitted to it.

Was I wrong about you being selfish? No. You admitted to it.

Was I wrong about you being a liar? No. You said as a day 1 WoW player, you saw the battleground problem. There were no battlegrounds on day one. Those of us who are real day 1 players know this. Those who are not, however, probably wouldn't know this after 7 years.

So I think I know quite a lot about you, considering it was pretty easy to figure out from the things you wrote.

Edited by Nangasaur

Doesn't fix quitters when the reward for quitting still exists. The reward for quitting MUST be dealt with harshly, and removed entirely.

QUOTE]

There is no problem at all with the current state of BGs......just some forum troll that thinks because he posts 100x that his opinion is 1) right (when it's not) and 2)that it's rampant (when it's not)

Fix Ilum first, then the ability delay.......and this...is maybe #300 at best on the list of things to do as it really is nothing.

Hell, fixing the bug that enables 9-12 players is sooooooooooooooooooooo much higher on the list than this garbage.

Forum trolls be trolling!

Doesn't fix quitters when the reward for quitting still exists. The reward for quitting MUST be dealt with harshly, and removed entirely.

QUOTE]

There is no problem at all with the current state of BGs......just some forum troll that thinks because he posts 100x that his opinion is 1) right (when it's not) and 2)that it's rampant (when it's not)

Fix Ilum first, then the ability delay.......and this...is maybe #300 at best on the list of things to do as it really is nothing.

Hell, fixing the bug that enables 9-12 players is sooooooooooooooooooooo much higher on the list than this garbage.

Forum trolls be trolling!

Only quitters deny it's not rampant, and at the same time (exact same post of the exact same thread), state how often they quit, which is whenever they join huttball, whenever they join a team that is not all 600 club, whenever the other team scores a couple points in the first few minutes, whenever the other team gets two turrets first, whenever the other team plants a bomb in the first couple minutes.

Sounds awfully rampant to me. Especially when all the quitters say the same thing. And I'm trolling?

Only quitters deny it's not rampant, and at the same time (exact same post of the exact same thread), state how often they quit, which is whenever they join huttball, whenever they join a team that is not all 600 club, whenever the other team scores a couple points in the first few minutes, whenever the other team gets two turrets first, whenever the other team plants a bomb in the first couple minutes.

Sounds awfully rampant to me. Especially when all the quitters say the same thing. And I'm trolling?

Sounds like someone is really really really bad at the game so people would rather take their chances with another pug than to stick it out with you!

Never happens here sorry I hardly ever see people leave early. I just played over 10 BGs and NOT ONCE did I see anyone from my team drop early. I got my wins, then got guildies their 3 wins, then got their alts 3 wins...and it didn't take long.

You must be a troll......seeing as how you think exploiting a speedjump to not have to activate the bridges in voidstair is acceptable...........yep totally 100% troll.

Edited by _Morholt_

Uhm, how are people supposed to know that a sudden knock on their front door is incoming; their child falls and gets hurt; or they ate something really nasty this morning and need to go crap suddenly? (okay, that last one effects almost all gamers, so I guess they should never play games) You can't predict the unexpected things in life. I'm sorry your personal life is so uninvolved that it amounts to 6 hours of day at school, a bus ride home, 30 minutes of dinner with your parents in the evening, and never doing a single thing more. A lot of us have extremely unpredictable lives in comparison.
All fine and well; you still expect me to carry your arse because you have an unreliable life. You berate people who quit because they value their time more highly than yours, then make this argument to say that yours is more valuable than theirs. It's the age old "I have a life", that never made sense in the first place.

Sounds to me like you're going about it the wrong way. I find that the best way is to use tells, be nice, and not look like you are humiliating that individual. If you are only getting the responses you described, then you are not doing it correctly, which further secures the opinion many of us have of quitters that they are narcissistic.
Again, it is not my responsibility to save people's feelings. If I am doing something wrong, and somebody tells me logically and rationally why I did something wrong, I damn well fix it. Different strokes for different folks.

Uhm, force speed and jump across the short gap is not an exploit, nor a bug, nor a combination of the two. Heck, there's even a speed booster on the OTHER SIDE to allow the defenders a chance to jump back to the attacker side and defend from there. It's a long gap. A long gap, but still jumpable.
You honestly think that in a STAGED defense scenario, one quarter of the attacking side is meant to have the ability to skip a stage entirely? You're right, totally logical. Jumping the gap with a buff available to everyone? Understandable. Jumping the gap available to only 1/4 of players that may or may not be represented on both teams? Bad design at best, exploit at worst.

No, the sensible recourse is to report the player names on that team, and not screw over your team who really doesn't care as much as you do about different colored pixels.
If my team doesn't care as much as I do about different coloured pixels, they don't care that I quit, either. If you don't care about winning, why do you care that I left?

That's fine, and I applaud for you doing so. But you won't be ruining the gaming experience for the majority of the playerbase...at least for the duration of your deserter tag.
8 characters, I'm sure to find a game within a 30 minute - 1 hour window.

I couldn't imagine what those things are, with how dedicated you are to just winning and never losing.

You are presenting them in lights other than they were obviously intended. Connotation is everything. I am selfish, but no more so than every other human being in existence. Furthermore, you again try to reduce my argument to a form that suits your response, rather than what it actually said. I am not at all dedicated to winning - I love close games more than anything else. Winning 6-0 in huttball is absurdly stupid. I don't leave, because atleast in that case I get rewarded, but I'd much prefer a 6-5 result.

Was I wrong about you being a liar? No. You said as a day 1 WoW player, you saw the battleground problem. There were no battlegrounds on day one. Those of us who are real day 1 players know this. Those who are not, however, probably wouldn't know this after 7 years.

So I think I know quite a lot about you, considering it was pretty easy to figure out from the things you wrote.

You know so much about me, that you responded to me with information from someone else. You know me so well! I didn't play WoW from day 1, I started around burning crusade. But I can read, so when I read his post I rationally thought when he said "day 1" that he meant "the beginning", rather than assuming the literal version that you think supports your argument. Reducto ad absurdum method of argument; you try to make him look stupid by taking the most literal and reduced form of what he said and responding to it in kind. If you want any sort of meaningful discussion on a topic, apply the "principle of charity". Taking people's words out of context just makes you look ridiculous to anyone who can read. Edited by Delekii

I will gladly quit when it starts the game 5v8/6v8 and doesn't fill the team within 30 seconds, because the game is already over if 1/4th your team is NOT IN THE GAME.

I will gladly quit when I face the same premade that just stomped me in the last game.

I will gladly quit when the same guy named Jailbreak for the last four weeks is STILL speed hacking, making it impossible to cap nodes on alderaan.

I will gladly quit when I face no-lifers like you who are already full Battlemaster gear with three of your battlemaster buddies against me and my two friends who just hit 50 a few days ago.

I have yet to quit a warzone because of those above reasons until reading your garbage. Now I'll join the bandwagon and forget the frustrations of staying in the aforementioned games.

You know why? You don't pay my subscription ******e.

For some reason, today and yesterday I've had horrible connectivity issues in warzones. In almost half the warzones I entered, I was disconnected at some point. I felt bad as I hate it when people leave, and I always stay in to finish unless my buddies hop on and want to queue, or one of them missed the queue.

I can quest just fine, but lately warzones have been d/c'ing me like crazy.

Oh, but I thought it was only Battlemasters who are 600 clubbers, at least according to the quitter clubbers. I don't feel I have anything to lose, in any warzone. I stay regardless of the circumstances. Regardless of if we are getting pwned from the start, or farmed later on, or if I join one that started long ago and has long since been losing, and will shortly end. I stay. Because I enjoy playing the game for what the game is, win or lose.

Did I actually say that only Battlemasters had 600 expertise? You continue to try and lump everyone who does not enjoy being valor farmed, inaccurately, into the same group. Well, again, my game time is limited and it is a pay to play game. Maybe I just value my time more than you do? That's not being selfish or a "quitter," that's having different priorities.

Welp, we already know you're a liar. 'Cause if you started playing WoW from day 1, then you would know there were no battlegrounds until about 4 months into release. Anything else you care to lie about and get busted on?

While you may be desperate to find something to prop up your position... Claiming I said there were battlegrounds from day one would be just as inaccurate as some of your other claims.

Your money is not worth more than the 7 other people on your team who you just griefed by quitting on, no matter if you count it in Won, Euros, or Pounds.

Again, if it was just one person leaving and that made the difference. Then your assumption might be valid. However, since that is not the case...

Yes, they do. If you stayed for most matches that lose at the very beginning, you would know this. But I don't expect you to, being a self admitted quitter and all.

No they don't. At least not on my server. Maybe that is just a problem with your server?

I'll refer to my comment above about how it seems to be the biggest glaring argument of Battlemasters that are the quitters because they have nothing else to gain but Battlemaster gear, and can only do so via wins, thus they quit.

Another attempt to divert it too "Battlemasters?"

I'm no Battlemaster. I don't have any Battlemaster gear. I have over 601 from Champion gear, minus a belt, which is Tionese. I fare just fine in PVP. You folks are using your excuse for quitting as MY excuse for staying. What's it gonna be? You can't use the same excuse FOR and AGAINST deserter debuffs. What a bunch of lame selfishness.

Again, why the sudden focus on Battlemaster? Was that where you were expecting me to go and despite the fact I didn't, you were unable to adjust your retort?

It won't make it worse. What will happen is this: Quitters gonna quit. They see a team that is outperforming them, they always gonna quit against them, then come crying to forums about it. And once they get tired of quitting from the matchmaking queue, they are going to solo-synch queue with the group mates in order to roflstomp PUGs.

So we are back to quitters gonna quit instead of "paying" customers wanting to not waste their time?

A matchmaking system solves nothing alone without a penalty for leaving early. Period.

Well grab the white-out because that period shouldn't be there. I don't think I claimed that a matchmaking system alone would fix all of TOR warzone problems. There are quite a few. Not to mention the loading issues. However, it is an important step.

Doubtful. Quitters gonna quit. 'Nuff said there.

As I was not concerned by your pride, I am similarly unconcerned with your doubt.

Rift tried that, and it only resulted in what I said above. You still have to penalize quitters at the same time.

Hehe... Rift? Rift had, may still have, PvP issues above and beyond people not wanting to waste their time in lopsided matches.

World of Tanks, which is a pure PVP-MMO, has limited the size of premades to 3 players while the total team size is 15. The teams are also balanced by sorting the players into 10 tiers. Quitters and AFKers are rare in that game, even when the top-tiers have nothing to gain and lose more credits than they earn. Bioware should take notes.

You know so much about me, that you responded to me with information from someone else. You know me so well! I didn't play WoW from day 1, I started around burning crusade. But I can read, so when I read his post I rationally thought when he said "day 1" that he meant "the beginning", rather than assuming the literal version that you think supports your argument. Reducto ad absurdum method of argument; you try to make him look stupid by taking the most literal and reduced form of what he said and responding to it in kind. If you want any sort of meaningful discussion on a topic, apply the "principle of charity". Taking people's words out of context just makes you look ridiculous to anyone who can read.

Meh... Just another example showing that some are not very good at paying attention, before they start spouting inaccurate assumptions. BioWare will never stop everyone who wants to leave a warzone, quasi-afk in a corner, or exploit flaws in design. Nor will they stop the ones who have the most to gain from forcing players to stay in a match, from wanting it. Some might try to claim that others are just rationalizing or being selfish. When, in fact, that is what those very accusers are actually doing instead.

TOR is a young game and its had issues with lopsided matches in warzones pretty much from the beginning. First with the ability gap and then the expertise bulge. They finally put the fifties in their own tier which at least separated the expertise bulge from the ability gap. However, they have still not done anything about either. This leads to very lopsided matches and hurts the in-game experiences. From 1-49 its not a major issue. Since there are several progression options.

However, at fifty winning multiple warzone matches becomes a "daily" and "weekly." Given the superiority of PvP gear, in general, over similar gear for endgame content, it draws many to endgame PvP who are by no means serious PvP'ers. Pitting them up against players who have large advantages in gear and stats discourages them from queuing at all and reduces the pool of potential players for warzones. This actually makes the disparity even worse as it increases the chances of "new" 50's having to regularly face off against "old" fifties.

There are a variety of issues with TOR. The whole endgame Crafted, PvP, PvE gear balance issues being just part of a long list. As far as warzones, major steps to improving them would involve multi-server matches and a significant matchmaker. Again... The ability to leave a lopsided warzone is not a "reward," especially with how long TOR's load times are, for the many many "paying" customers who have limited game time available. If you really don't want people to leave warzones, how about removing the incentive for them to join the queue in the first place.

Edited by SirRobin

World of Tanks, which is a pure PVP-MMO, has limited the size of premades to 3 players while the total team size is 15. The teams are also balanced by sorting the players into 10 tiers. Quitters and AFKers are rare in that game, even when the top-tiers have nothing to gain and lose more credits than they earn. Bioware should take notes.

Yep, but I suspect that the "pool" of players PvP'ing on one server would not be enough to go that far. With multi-server matches perhaps, but not solo.

The most obvious fix in the world for this problem and the win not counting problem for OVER A MONTH NOW has been to change the daily to MATCHES PLAYED, instead of matches won.

Then just implement an easy report AFKers system and we're good.

True, though that would remove a large part of the incentive for trying to "win" a match in the first place.

Personally for me there needs to be incentive to stay in the game...as BM the only incentive is winning to get dailys done. I don't really care about people "pvping for the sake of pvping". If I wanted that I'd play an FPS. For an MMO if I have no incentive to play than there's no point in me playing it. I leave at the first sign of a loss because I get nothing from a loss...before 60 I always stayed because I still got plenty of valor. But now...meh. Hate if u want just my 2c