• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working as intended: L2P. I bet you think the following is also an exploit:

Holding the huttball for the tiebreaker

Slowing the enemy team in VS so you can chain plant on offense

Double CC-stunning a single node defender on Civil war to cap the off-node

Just because you get your feather's ruffled after someone outsmarted you doesn't mean it's an "exploit", "bug" or the system is in any way broken.

Working as intended: L2P. I bet you think the following is also an exploit:

Holding the huttball for the tiebreaker

Slowing the enemy team in VS so you can chain plant on offense

Double CC-stunning a single node defender on Civil war to cap the off-node

Just because you get your feather's ruffled after someone outsmarted you doesn't mean it's an "exploit", "bug" or the system is in any way broken.

Oh those are totally exploits... I mean, didn't you read what he wrote... his team is superior and thus is "Duh WINNING!!!"

/sarcasm

I have to ask the obvious question here. So even if they weren't standing in front of the console and you could click it, do you honestly think that 2 opposing players are just going to allow you to cap? Do you think that they aren't going to interrupt you? The fact you are trying to cap with 2 guys clearly guarding the node tells me how superior your team is. While clicking around trying to find a spot to reach the console did it never occur to you to try and kill them?

I have to ask the obvious question here. So even if they weren't standing in front of the console and you could click it, do you honestly think that 2 opposing players are just going to allow you to cap? Do you think that they aren't going to interrupt you? The fact you are trying to cap with 2 guys clearly guarding the node tells me how superior your team is. While clicking around trying to find a spot to reach the console did it never occur to you to try and kill them?

Sometimes, trying to kill people is a waste because the time you do it, some other ones come and back-up. When you're superior in numbers, sometimes it's better to forcefully cap. It is really hard to avoid cap from numerous people.

I understand the OP at some point. In other WZ when someone is trying to cap a node or plant/deplant a bomb you have to stop him by your own means (attacking him, controlling him), it's active. But when you just stand in front of the console in this WZ, you avoid anybody to cap your turret without doing anything else, just standing here, it's passive. Unless that using your body to break line of sight (considering that all body type don't break line of sight equally) is considered as a fair way to avoid caps (and so it needs the intervention of BW staff to confirm it) it looks like exploiting (not exploiting a bug but exploiting a mechanic in a way the devs didn't thought of)

Edited by Altheran

ignoring all the "L2P" posts that don't address the issue constructively, I also find it an annoying mechanic. Yes, either team can just as easily use the tactic, but it is annoying when a type four body type plants their fatass on the node, making it impossible for a team to cap at all until he is either moved or killed.

Yes, I understand that it is a viable tactic with the current mechanics, and I understand that we can kill/knockback/pull the guy away. That being said, it seems more of a nuisance than an actual combat tactic.

Additionally, this gives a slight advantage to those using body type 4, and to a lesser extent, body type 3, which I doubt was ever intended.

Sometimes, trying to kill people is a waste because the time you do it, some other ones come and back-up. When you're superior in numbers, sometimes it's better to forcefully cap. It is really hard to avoid cap from numerous people.

I understand the OP at some point. In other WZ when someone is trying to cap a node or plant/deplant a bomb you have to stop him by your own means (attacking him, controlling him), it's active. But when you just stand in front of the console in this WZ, you avoid anybody to cap your turret without doing anything else, just standing here, it's passive. Unless that using your body to break line of sight (considering that all body type don't break line of sight equally) is considered as a fair way to avoid caps (and so it needs the intervention of BW staff to confirm it) it looks like exploiting (not exploiting a bug but exploiting a mechanic in a way the devs didn't thought of)

They were hardly being passive by standing in front of the node. They were guarding the objective. They were healing each other and interrupting players attempting to cap. They were using positioning to their advantage. sounds like pretty active defense to me.

The OP's team was from what I can gather standing around looking for a spot to click on and getting interrupted. Did they stun and focus fire? Did anyone attempt to pull them? Or knock them back? If not they were standing around trying to push a button while someone kept smacking their hand out of the way. If 2 healer Sorcs are keeping your team handled you have got bigger problems than where you can click.

I'm quite sure you don't need to be body type 4 to do this at all. Anyone who stands in front of the node can prevent a click.

I don't have issue with the other team doing this, it's a smart yet beatable tactic.

I do get annoyed when my own team prevents me from helping with the cap... even after you attempt to inform them

I'm quite sure you don't need to be body type 4 to do this at all. Anyone who stands in front of the node can prevent a click.

I don't have issue with the other team doing this, it's a smart yet beatable tactic.

I do get annoyed when my own team prevents me from helping with the cap... even after you attempt to inform them

Yeah pretty much this. I mean ok throw down AoE and knock them out of the way. It irks me more when you kill off the opposing team and you have that one person standing in the way preventing 4 others from trying to take the point before they can get back to stop it.

This is a bad exploit, needs a fix asap.

Just last night I was trying to cap the South base. There were these 2 fat guys in the way. I kindly asked them to move several times in /say. I even did a few clever emotes to reinforce my desire to have them move.

They did not comply. One even responded by causing damage to me. The other one was AFK! I mean, how inconsiderate can you be. If you are going to go AFK in a WZ, at least have the courtesy of standing off to the side of the console.

Fix AFK fat guys - I can never take nodes from them. LAME

This is a bad exploit, needs a fix asap.

Just last night I was trying to cap the South base. There were these 2 fat guys in the way. I kindly asked them to move several times in /say. I even did a few clever emotes to reinforce my desire to have them move.

They did not comply. One even responded by causing damage to me. The other one was AFK! I mean, how inconsiderate can you be. If you are going to go AFK in a WZ, at least have the courtesy of standing off to the side of the console.

Fix AFK fat guys - I can never take nodes from them. LAME

Happened to me last night, I even said please but the other guy said, "I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that"

I said "pretty please," and it worked. We won 100% - 0... also got a medal for courteousness

Simple fix Bioware - Put the node under the emplacement's roof, and make it large enough to click on easily. This will not only keep the capping arc limited, but would fix the problem of people standing in front of it. It would also make it easier to capture when somebody is standing in the corner of the emplacement and can't "see" the node as it fits currently.

Little hint. Kill everyone then cap the node. It's not like it take that long if you have even 3 people working on it. Attempting to cap while it's being defended is a fail strat. Edited by TMar

I'm dying to get in game and try to expand this exploit!

Next civil war map, I'm going to have the whole team form a circle around the objective at mid.

Instant win!!!

Oh, I can't wait!

On a side note, I was defending a node on NC just the other day.

Standing right in front of it all by my lonesome, when an enemy stealther showed up and kept trying to hack the node.

I didn't even attack them for a few moments as I was just rofl as they tried to wiggle in behind to get to the node on one side, then the other. Eventually I said "Oh sorry, didn't see you there" and took a step forward. They started to hack the node and I killed them. But yeah .. this exploit can be a lot of fun, if you're on the right side.

Happened to me last night, I even said please but the other guy said, "I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that"

I said "pretty please," and it worked. We won 100% - 0... also got a medal for courteousness

That medal was well earned. I should probably set up some polite macros.

Next civil war map, I'm going to have the whole team form a circle around the objective at mid.

Instant win!!!

I will also be adding this to my strategy.

LOL Seriously, learn to AOE.

NO **edit**! I was thinking the same thing. We have an abundance of Commando's in our guild...this sounds like a freaking DREAM for us! With the AOE's we can bring, I would absolutely LOVE to face a team of morons stacked up like that!!! Any who tried to escape, I'd knockback into the huddle. PLEASE let me face this team of 'exploiters' tonight!!!!

This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something.

So many contradictions.

Anyway, guilty I am for standing in front of it while casting heals and knocking them back! I will, also, continue on doing it until BioWare bans me for exploiting over, obviously, Superior team that doesn't know how to use knockbacks, pulls and tons of warriors.

P.s. you can cap if someone is standing in front of it.

Edited by Boyana