Soloing / Duoing Flashpoints

I play on a server that fluctuates between Light and Standard. Sometimes it is difficult to find people to do Flashpoints right now, particularly post 30. I'm sure this will change as more people join the game and more people level up.

My question is regarding the lower level Flashpoints, however.

Are they soloable or duoable by over-leveled characters? Is this only possible at 50 or can you accomplish this at lower levels?

I have a RL friend who plays on the same server. I am 32 (Madness Sorc) and he is 20 or so (Marauder). I was wondering if we'd be able to duo some of the lower FPs like Athiss or Hammer Station.

I've soloed Black Talon effortlessly but some of the bosses in the other lower FPs seem kinda tough.

Thanks for any help and information!

I was able to solo the Esseles, as a dps consular, with my companion, fairly easily at level 30-34. I should think you won't have much problems. Due to the level disparity, much of the time the mobs missed on their attacks altogether. I also used force lift x3 a lot and just took it slow.

I was able to solo the Esseles, as a dps consular, with my companion, fairly easily at level 30-34. I should think you won't have much problems. Due to the level disparity, much of the time the mobs missed on their attacks altogether. I also used force lift x3 a lot and just took it slow.

Thanks for the response! I guess the best to way to find out would be to just do them and see what I can and can't defeat. Now if only 3pm would roll around so I can leave work.

Me and my wife have been lvling together from launch and have pretty much 2 manned every instance we've come accross. Take this with a grain of salt though as i'm a tank spec'd BH and shes a heal spec'd IA and we use our compaions, so effectivly we are running instances with 2 tanks and 2 healers. My wife focuses on kaliyo while mako focuses on me. Things die slowly, but they die and thats the important part.

A friend and I play empire and have easily duoed so far up to Boarding Party. I play a healing specced IA and he plays a dps specced BH. We're using Kaliyo to tank and his sniper pet for added dps. The key for us is crowd control and smart play. We are also very familiar with our companion's passive command.

We've been able to one shot most bosses the first time we fight them but there have been a couple that we've had to fight 5-6 times before we figure out a strategy that works. We're hoping this continues to lvl50 but time will tell.

When we take on a new flashpoint we are usually even level or outleveled by the flashpoint by one or two levels. We are highly experienced in mmos and work very well together which is a huge factor. Don't expect to steamroll everything and play smart and it is very doable not to mention rewarding.

Edited by Sinjyn

My husband and I are playing a Guardian and Sage and have been able to 2-man all the flashpoints (and 4 player heroics) so far without a problem. We usually do them a few levels above the suggested level (ie we did Athiss at 25, not 21). I will point out that we are tank/heal specced, and use our companions to DPS or off-tank as needed. Some of the flashpoints are a challenge, but that's what makes them fun!

Seems a few of us are having the same situation. I am playing as Sith Sorcerer(healing) plus my wife as Sith Juggernaut (tanking).

We vegetate together on every flashpoint or heroic no matter they are 2, 2+ or 4.

at the early level, we can handle most of those with companion aiding (an off tank and healer). Slow but work if you are 3-4 lvls above the recommendation. A few flashpoint boss with tons of adds will prove a challenge and kept you very busy for moving your stupid companion out of the hot zone.

PS. after 30 we gave up quite a few heroic or flashpoint... they just take too long to duo them.

PS2. i just wish BW can add more option for player who travel in pairs. Smart tuning the difficulty of flashpoint depending on your team size can be an alternative.

Edited by mullar

A friend and I play empire and have easily duoed so far up to Boarding Party. I play a healing specced IA and he plays a dps specced BH. We're using Kaliyo to tank and his sniper pet for added dps. The key for us is crowd control and smart play. We are also very familiar with our companion's passive command.

We've been able to one shot most bosses the first time we fight them but there have been a couple that we've had to fight 5-6 times before we figure out a strategy that works. We're hoping this continues to lvl50 but time will tell.

When we take on a new flashpoint we are usually even level or outleveled by the flashpoint by one or two levels. We are highly experienced in mmos and work very well together which is a huge factor. Don't expect to steamroll everything and play smart and it is very doable not to mention rewarding.

So you are saying you 2 manned Boarding Party and you were appropriate level? Unless there were mechanics that were unaware to my party, it did not seem like it would be possible to 2 man that place while being even with or under the level of encounters in there.

Maybe companions are that much better than casual not-so great players though. Who knows.