Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MadDutchman
10.04.2017 , 09:00 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
And the snowflakes won...what a joke. This is why the game is failing.
Seriously? you want to boil every problem in the game leading to declining numbers to people complaining about a name that has been known for only a couple days?

If every person on the internet was mature enough to treat the name as just a name, i'd agree with you. But this is the internet.

Considering this probably took only a few minutes to change, I'd consider it worthwhile to stop this from devolving into nonsense. Now we can look back at these last couple days and laugh at the name that almost was (like Jedi Wizard...)
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Zerileth
10.04.2017 , 09:01 PM | #102
YOU LUCKY BIOWARE! I WAS GONNA RAGE QUIT AND DELETE ALL MY CHARS!

No, seriously I thought we were all just having fun. But ok. Either way.
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 09:01 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLadyKeres View Post
Fatman was derogatory to walmart shoppers...
Oh my!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

MadDutchman
10.04.2017 , 09:06 PM | #104
Something I think is worth keeping in mind about how the change was presented. Consider what sounds better

"We changed the name as some people may find it offensive..." (moral high ground)

"We created a dumb name and realized our little joke fell flat..." (admitting to a mistake without any qualification or spin doctoring)

Considering this game has FAR more offensive content in it than Hot Prospect, which do you think is the actual reason the name changed?
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

dscount
10.04.2017 , 09:39 PM | #105
Thank you for the Name change. Was not a fan of that name.

Nice to have one that is at least named like the other servers. (SWTOR based)
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

DarthMetalJoey
10.04.2017 , 09:51 PM | #106
Aw darn.... should have called it The Foundry

but maybe not....idk lol

KumbayaGOD
10.04.2017 , 09:56 PM | #107
This is blasphemy!!!! keep the name hot prospect or unsub
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Zerileth
10.04.2017 , 10:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Sell out! Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Real concerns? Don't be silly. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. Individuals as in the general term or specifc? We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name. Sarcastic baloney!

You guys were laughing in the break room before... and you're laughing in the break room now!

-eric
/5charthing
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Rasinator
10.04.2017 , 11:02 PM | #109
I am glad the Dev's were listening. Hot Prospect was turning into quite the derogatory slang in conversations on forums and in fleet chat. Not speaking up and standing up for what you believe in, you will fall for anything. Lesson learned. Going forward I am honored to know that Harbinger will now be called Satele Shan.
Trent
Dragonstone Legacy (Star Forge)
Enter my link in browser. You get rewarded as well as I even as a sub player.
http://www.swtor.com/r/nxRKyW

Saurat
10.04.2017 , 11:07 PM | #110
yuck.