Sudden death sorc super bubble seems unfair

Benirons

So for whatever reason i had one of those 1 tank 2 heals 1 dps mirror arena match in a reg.

Obviously it went to sudden death every time. Thing is though, the sorc immunity bubble is just too good in that case. There was a sorc healer on each side. The opponents sorc healer would always be the last one standing surprisingly with almost full hp when my heals were doing essentially nothing. I dunno y our sorc healer was not doing whatever they were doing, so we ended up losing to this nonsense.

So somebody pls explain to me how a sorc healer is still at a healthy amount of HP (like 60%+) when all the other survivors r on the brink of death with heals not doing anything. I understand the bubble makes u immune to dmg, but it seems to me that the god bubble healing (with perk i think) is not affected at all.

So the last round i took no dmg during sudden death from other players, just like the sorc healer in question who was who knows where. I was still mostly healing with some off dps to help out kill the enemy team. Yet when we r done with them we r left with me and the tank on the brink of death (like 6%) when we go hunting for the pesky sorc on the other side of the map who is well over 60% still. We die to dmg on the way.

So in short:

How is a sorc healer able to maintain such high HP so far into the sudden death mechanic?

How is one to deal with such a scenario and come out victorious?

They can heal for a while after acid starts. I think healing gets nullified completely at around 25ish stacks. Until then, using medpacs and other heals they can very much stay above 90% HP. The HP lost by acid itself is very small; having no healing is what makes people die quickly. That being said, apart from surviving, Sorc heals won't be able to actually stop you from killing them PROVIDED you are able to locate where they are. If you aren't able to find them, they'll outlive you.

Such cases can be deceiving, if you do not know all the utilities the Sorc has taken.

If he saved his medpac for the end, thats a big heal, he still has Unnatural Preservation, which is a big selfheal. Besides this he can spec Cloud Mind to give 25% damage reduction for 6 seconds, he can also spec Unnatural Preservation to give you another 15% damage reduction for 6 seconds and reduces the cd of UP to be used quickly again. Keep in mind that those are off the global CD so they are fast to use. He has Force barrier on himself etc.

To all this you can add your God Bubble, during which you dont take damage at all and you gain stacks which provide further reduced damage after barrier ends. So yes, all this makes Sorcs pretty well off for acid, but keep in mind that other classes have their perks too. For example Commando/Merc have their kolto which heals them up even during acid for quite some time and so on.

I agree with OP, merc healers need a buff so they have better survivability in PVP.

The biggest issue with merc healers is the same one they have had for years now, and that is they are incapable of sustaining heals on themselves and other targets without getting interrupted to the point they cannot do their jobs.

Merc healers are not viable in arenas, this ought to be fixed.

The only healers capable for real competitive 4v4s is the sorc class due to simplicity in gameplay as well as effectiveness and the healing ops which is a more complex healing class but with that complexity comes a higher ceiling of performance meaning the better the player, the better the results on a healing operative.

Good healing ops are equally effective as a healing sorc in PVP, and great healing operatives surpass the output of any healing sorc just because the heals are better and more efficient overall than a healing sorcs heals.

I agree with OP, merc healers need a buff so they have better survivability in PVP.

The biggest issue with merc healers is the same one they have had for years now, and that is they are incapable of sustaining heals on themselves and other targets without getting interrupted to the point they cannot do their jobs.

Merc healers are not viable in arenas, this ought to be fixed.

The only healers capable for real competitive 4v4s is the sorc class due to simplicity in gameplay as well as effectiveness and the healing ops which is a more complex healing class but with that complexity comes a higher ceiling of performance meaning the better the player, the better the results on a healing operative.

Good healing ops are equally effective as a healing sorc in PVP, and great healing operatives surpass the output of any healing sorc just because the heals are better and more efficient overall than a healing sorcs heals.

You are going off topic here, but I agree completely about being able to shut a merc healer down with ints. Sure you can pick up a few secs of int immunity with a legendary perk, but that is so short and not up that often either.

To be frank, I'm surprised I am barely ever (more like almost never) getting inted back to back and tunneled. That absolutely would melt a merc healer. I think it happened to me like once in a solo ranked months ago and in regs I get inted once a blue moon.

The very nature of the sorc healset actually renders them impossible to catch/kill in a sudden death scenario if they just run away early and get a good head start. They can do their entire healing rotation on the move, there is 1 thing to int which honestly barely even matters getting inted. I just simply cannot think of anything a merc healer can do to outlast a sorc healer (cause it typically ends up as a healer vs healer from what I can tell).

They can save their bubble till super late if they have to to the point that heals do nothing any more, and just watch all their opponents die to acid.

So yeah, sorc heals are superior in every regard in terms of sudden death plus they are FOTM in general too. So there is a problem.