How is the PvP?

Rhyn

The population here is pretty good. Unranked queue time are usually 5-10 mins during prime time and about 10-25 in the really off hours. Solo Ranked queues don't happen every day, usually 3 or so times a week and Team is only done by a few guilds. Space PvP queues are about 10-15 mins at prime time.

As to faction balance in 55's, Imps dominate ground PvP and most of the better PvP'ers main imp side. Pub side still gets a few wins when the few pub guilds run some premades or Imps switch to alts. As to 10-29 and 30-54, it tends to rotate a lot and one faction usually doesn't dominate both brackets. Space is a bit more balanced, but most of the better pilots are pub side.

Edited by washismycopilot

Truth!

Also avoid Pub side, hehe unless you like premade groups of people in 1200 exp

Yeah, Republic is generally awful. Because everyone turns tail and re-rolls imp. It makes playing my alt an interesting adventure.

Yeah, Republic is generally awful. Because everyone turns tail and re-rolls imp. It makes playing my alt an interesting adventure.

I would not say they turn tail more so run in fear. I mean last night some pve guild was doing 55 warzones with 5-6 people with sub 1200 exp because they were farming comms for the pvp relics to use in pve...

It was scary to say the least.

Seems to be they way of the world now. Do whatever it takes for easy mode. If i come over, which i think i am, it will be Republic.

Seems to be they way of the world now. Do whatever it takes for easy mode. If i come over, which i think i am, it will be Republic.

If you're looking for a server where PvP isn't so heavily favored in the Imps direction, I'd suggest The Harbinger.

It's where I've transferred, and the W/L ratio is around 60/40 Pub/Imp and Solo Q pops every night from around 7-10 EST.

EH is painful if you're a die hard republic player; don't do it to yourself.

Edited by andbreak

It won't change if no one steps up. ;) Do it, do eeeet now!

I went to steal a pylon and a scoundrel followed me. I asked the scoundrel to cc the defender, and he answered me by standing there for 20 seconds. So I stunned the pylon guard and white barred it after it wasted its cc breaker. 3 seconds into my cap, that scoundrel threw a *********** grenade and broke the stun. He later explained why he couldn't cc that guy for me:" I can only cc droid."

Never aged my scoundrel ever since.

I went to steal a pylon and a scoundrel followed me. I asked the scoundrel to cc the defender, and he answered me by standing there for 20 seconds. So I stunned the pylon guard and white barred it after it wasted its cc breaker. 3 seconds into my cap, that scoundrel threw a *********** grenade and broke the stun. He later explained why he couldn't cc that guy for me:" I can only cc droid."

That's an issue I've run into a lot, just people not knowing the full capabilities of their class. I had a similar situation to yours the other day. Another assassin followed me to the opposing pylon and went right up to defender. I unstealthed to start capping but instead of mezzing they just went all in on their opener. I've given up hoping that everyone on my team knows what they're doing. I just do my part as best I can and hope for the best. Some days it's really all you can do.

I find that more bearable than a pve guild queuing with 5-6 people just to farm comms for relics to use in pve... ever been in a warzone with 6 people that had sub 1200 exp and 14 valor? The best part was as a pve you would think they understood the value of the CC? Nah they still broke it.

I love it when PvE geared players queue up on the other team. I am more than happy to farm them and see how many shots it takes to kill them. lol They want to complain about people going into PvE with PvP gear? Fine, let's see how this works with the roles reversed. lol I will make their lives a living hell from valor 1-40 til they get their relics and make it the most slow painful grind they have ever done. Then maybe they'll quit half way, get some skill and go farm their PvE relic which is way better than the PvP one. :p Especially considering it lasts 30 seconds instead of 6.

Am I being mean? Probably, but most of the time the people that queue up in PvE gear in a 4 man premade are complaining at the rest of the team for not doing their job when they are the ones causing the problem for the rest of the team. I've had people come over cross faction to rant about how bad these PvEers are and how they don't want to queue until they leave or get some gear. To be honest? I don't blame them. lol

/end rant *munches cookie* lol

Edited by Bastrus

To the OP,

I understand where you are coming from. I was a diehard Republic player. Then one day, I just had enough. I offered help to those who sought it. I I would give encouraging words of advice in WZs. The Republic's response? Either 1) I'm just here for the comms, 2) I know how to play, or 3) I do what I want. Don't tell me what to do.

There's only so much you can take. Some things that may help would be to roll one and smoke it and not give a rat's rear, you can super Q with 7 other guildies like a few of the other Republic guilds, or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.

Which ever your decision, I wish you luck and patience. If you do choose to come to TEH for Repside PvP, all I have to say is "See ya Impside in 3-6 months."

Take care!

To the OP,

I understand where you are coming from. I was a diehard Republic player. Then one day, I just had enough. I offered help to those who sought it. I I would give encouraging words of advice in WZs. The Republic's response? Either 1) I'm just here for the comms, 2) I know how to play, or 3) I do what I want. Don't tell me what to do.

There's only so much you can take. Some things that may help would be to roll one and smoke it and not give a rat's rear, you can super Q with 7 other guildies like a few of the other Republic guilds, or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.

Which ever your decision, I wish you luck and patience. If you do choose to come to TEH for Repside PvP, all I have to say is "See ya Impside in 3-6 months."

Take care!

It isnt the bad lol. I havent done regs in awhile. But it can be rough just que with 3 good pubs ans your good.

Sting

Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.

or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.

I tend to disagree. You aren't getting better PvP. You are playing with the same players after all, they just happen to be on the other side. You are getting easier PvP and more wins, and perhaps that is what better means to you, but if balanced, competitive PvP is what you're after, it can be argued that this kind of behavior is just part of the problem rather than the solution. It's understandable, I don't like losing my way through my daily either. Still, I find it unfortunate to wholly give up playing on a faction entirely. The typical responses you listed after giving advice are not unique to republic players, you'll get that on either side. You probably just find yourself seeing it more often on the republic side because there are fewer premades, and hence, more losses and frustration.

Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.

Pot5 is lightly populated.

Edited by TheCourier-

I like PVP here because of players like you. I like players like you. PVP is no fun without you.

I tend to disagree. You aren't getting better PvP. You are playing with the same players after all, they just happen to be on the other side. You are getting easier PvP and more wins, and perhaps that is what better means to you, but if balanced, competitive PvP is what you're after, it can be argued that this kind of behavior is just part of the problem rather than the solution. It's understandable, I don't like losing my way through my daily either. Still, I find it unfortunate to wholly give up playing on a faction entirely. The typical responses you listed after giving advice are not unique to republic players, you'll get that on either side. You probably just find yourself seeing it more often on the republic side because there are fewer premades, and hence, more losses and frustration.

Nah, the republic is most certainly more ******. Even those you consider "pugs", pub side is still playable; if you are very patient. You get good games occasionally. But over all imp has vastly superior players, because everyone re-rolled. All the people left on pub are basically content with losing.

I just came from a PvP server and there are a few reasons why I left. The biggest is the extremely polarizing personalities on the server, and the constant elitist attitude from the majority of PvP’ers on the server which most straight suck. Sad thing is most of them have no idea they aren’t very good, and they are not open to any suggestion or help what so ever. There is an ever growing group of people that go out of their way to hurt you rating and as much of your gaming enjoyment as they can and I’m just tired of them kind of people.

The other reason I left is I feel I have ignored a large part of the PvE aspect of the game by PvP’ing so much. I feel, and I may be wrong, that I will find better quality people who actually enjoy star wars and may just show me a part of gaming that I have never been a part of or participated in.

So I would disagree with your statement. If I wanted to farm baddies I would have just rolled imp on my old server with the rest of the people who despise a challenge and want everything that comes easy. The fact that I want more out of my gaming experience seems to indicate there is a bit more to me than just someone with flawed character traits.

Can you also explain why PvP server communities are dwindling, and many are coming to TEH for PvP? Please also, add some icky brown matter to your post like this one too. I enjoyed it. Also, by this logic, no one should PvE nor PvP, nor do anything other than RP. **** it guys. Let's just sit in the cantina and ERP all night long...

Seriously tho...TEH has become known for its PvP community as well as its RP. Can't say much about the PvE side of things. I have talked to many transferred players, many saying they come from either pot5 or Bastion. I've played on both of them myself, and I can assure you, we have better PvP. Perhaps not better skilled players, but at least we here play objectively. I remember a huttball match on pot5 once. It took 10 minutes for anyone to touch the ball.

Edit: Previous poster is prime example.

Edited by xMaranathax

Many people who went over to a PvP server when transfers first opened up eventually came back. I'm one of them (but my heart was never really into it). Basically I found that individual play was pretty good, the variety of players was excellent (you really didn't see the same people constantly), but objective play was horrendous. The guy above me talking about how it took ten minutes before anyone touched the ball? Pretty much par for the course. I saw a Civil War where both teams went to mid and just duked it out. I even saw a guy get yelled at for grabbing an objective.

I came back to TEH because I liked the environment better. There's enough top level players here to make life interesting, and I'd put them up against the best that any PvP server had to offer any day of the week. My only real complaint is that there's not people willing to lend a helping hand to those who might not know better, or those who actually do need the help aren't willing to accept advice.