Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Nerf

srtyab
03.07.2020 , 04:11 PM | #1
Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Thanks for screwing us Bioware. Appreciated.

UltraFlashStar
03.07.2020 , 10:24 PM | #2
Yes, thank you for the much needed nerf! Now Sins need to use their brain cells to play!
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

Hakuryuukou
03.07.2020 , 10:48 PM | #3
This is completely unnecessary, recklessness granting three crits for each attack style was perfectly fine considering the crap tactical available to deception assassins. Please give us a useful tactical if you’re going to nerf our good set.

srtyab
03.08.2020 , 09:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hakuryuukou View Post
This is completely unnecessary, recklessness granting three crits for each attack style was perfectly fine considering the crap tactical available to deception assassins. Please give us a useful tactical if you’re going to nerf our good set.
agreed. We were already just middle of the pack dps wise. Now, not sure what will happen.

ottffsse
03.08.2020 , 10:06 AM | #5
They're getting a buff to sustain damage to compensate though. It was just a redistribution of damage because peeps in PvP complained about 3x crit maul.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

meddani
03.08.2020 , 01:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
Yes, thank you for the much needed nerf! Now Sins need to use their brain cells to play!
this. reminds me of 2.7 smash nerf.....after that all FOTM maras/sents disappeared lol.

srtyab
03.09.2020 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
and mercs can continue, apparently, avoiding the use of theirs.

Ottoattack
03.10.2020 , 08:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by srtyab View Post
Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Thanks for screwing us Bioware. Appreciated.
Also:

Deception / Infiltration

Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%
Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%
Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

I like how you conveniently left out the part where every rotational skill damage, except maul, was buffed.

srtyab
03.10.2020 , 09:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Also:

Deception / Infiltration

Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%
Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%
Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

I like how you conveniently left out the part where every rotational skill damage, except maul, was buffed.
and that helps me blow people up in 10 secs, how exactly? here's an idea, stay out of my way in warzones.

Ottoattack
03.10.2020 , 09:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by srtyab View Post
and that helps me blow people up in 10 secs, how exactly? here's an idea, stay out of my way in warzones.
As a starter the major nerf, you are talking, is 1 less critic on maul or assassinate. It is 2, but when you factor in the probability of getting a random critic, with upper 40's% critc chance, it is a coin toss. And of course, you again conveniently leave out that discharge and lightning ball will critic harder (8.57% more damage in critic to be exact) and RS does 20% more damage. And these are a part of the 10 sec blow up, as you call it. So, in that 10 sec you maybe be seeing a 5-10% overall less damage?

See, math helps. Pulling stuff out of your *** cuz you do not read does not. And obviously, BW wants to lower dec. burst capacity, specifically cuz you are not supposed to blow people in 6-7 GCDs, which based on the balance changes, is barely impacted. And of course, overall damage is increased... so if you are not fighting dumb people who will die in 6-7 GCDs, cuz they have not heard of DCDs, you are better off.