Imperial Intelligence Report: Persons of Interest on Makeb

CourtneyWoods

agent story spoilers

Wasen't Imperial Intelligence disbanded at the end of the agent story? How, exactly, are they still sending out reports if they no longer exist?

And, yes, this is just me being picky, but it was the first thing that poped into my head when I saw this.

Trust an ex-Intelligence Agent to be the one to give us the information about notable persons :p

Nice read, the power plays in this will hopefully be quite interesting. Having done the Agent storyline, further stories that involve the politics of both the Empire at home and at war would be fun. I do hope that Makeb might focus more on the talking and diplomacy required to forge alliances, rather than "go here, kill this".

Especially since we are still unsure of the state of class stories.

Edit: Meanken

It's possible that Sith Intelligence is still going as "Imperial" due to power play reasons. If II is associated - or seen to be associated - with one particular Darth, then all hell would break loose.

I personally gave the Black Codex back to the Minister in the hopes of rebuilding Intelligence as being independent of the Sith once more...*wistful sigh*

Edited by Tatile

• Dev Post
agent story spoilers

Wasen't Imperial Intelligence disbanded at the end of the agent story? How, exactly, are they still sending out reports if they no longer exist?

And, yes, this is just me being picky, but it was the first thing that poped into my head when I saw this.

A very valid question, with a two-part, spoilery answer.

In-universe answer: Lurker's equipment and file structures would predate the disbanding of Imperial Intelligence, so it would still source the information as coming from that organization for purposes of internal organization.

Out-of-universe answer: we didn't want to spoil the Agent story in the article title. :)

Great question!

CODENAME “LURKER”

SUBJECT: Reactivation/Persons of Interest

These two passages might indeed well imply the return or reactivation of Imperial Intelligence and/or the covert operation of the (former) Cypher agent. The "Tenabrous" is still there after all. I wonder what 2.0 holds for my agent, we'll know soon enough.:)

I would love it if my girl stays independent. especially as she gave the Black Codex to Ardun Cothe and as such becoming a rogue agent. The powerplay of Darth Malgus is another example a Sith Lord doing their own thing (Jadus, Baras the list goes on). Mind you, I agreed with Malgus's ideas of the Empire making alien alliances though

The attitude of the Empire towards aliens has to stop. Allowing aliens to the same right as Humans/Sith will only strenthen the Empire. Most aliens only fight the Empire because of the horrendous inequality

agent story spoilers

It's kind of up in the air, really. You had the choice of either reforming Imperial Intelligence under Sith Rule, or going rogue...however, the former Minister of Intelligence sends out a letter to you and everyone from IA and gives the impression that it won't be the last you hear from them. I noticed the person sending out this report about Makeb says he retired from Intelligence...so I assume it's still operating but under a different structure than it was before.

Edited by chuixupu

Arent these spoilers just another good example as to why class stories shouldn't be completely done away with?

I can understand scaling back on them, but there should be some missions going forward in each expansion that deal with your characters personal story, and then tie it back into whatever larger faction mission is being run.

I would love it if my girl stays independent. especially as she gave the Black Codex to Ardun Cothe and as such becoming a rogue agent. The powerplay of Darth Malgus is another example a Sith Lord doing their own thing (Jadus, Baras the list goes on). Mind you, I agreed with Malgus's ideas of the Empire making alien alliances though

The attitude of the Empire towards aliens has to stop. Allowing aliens to the same right as Humans/Sith will only strenthen the Empire. Most aliens only fight the Empire because of the horrendous inequality

The Empire would not be strengthened by allowing Aliens to consider themselves equal to humans... or god forbid purebloods. The empire will not be strengthened the day that it shares power with the alien barbarians. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The Sith and it's Empire is not there to be 'liked', and Imperial society is certainly not suppose to be equal..... Well that's the Sith's argument anyway.

While the Empire may be physically strengthened by allowing more aliens into their ranks, it would fundamentally change the Empire - the Sith and Imperial aristocracy would fade away. That would have weakened the xenophobic and tradition based Empire that said Sith/Imperials professed to strengthen, and create a new empire which is sickening to those currently in power.

Edited by Darth_Romana

The Empire would not be strengthened by allowing Aliens to consider themselves equal to humans... or god forbid purebloods. The empire will not be strengthened the day that it shares power with the alien barbarians. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The Sith and it's Empire is not there to be 'liked', and Imperial society is certainly not suppose to be equal..... Well that's the Sith's argument anyway.

While the Empire may be physically strengthened by allowing more aliens into their ranks, it would fundamentally change the Empire - the Sith and Imperial aristocracy would fade away. That would have weakened the xenophobic and tradition based Empire that said Sith/Imperials professed to strengthen, and create a new empire which is sickening to those currently in power.

You are probably correct. Heck, I have heard some people saying that the republic from the prequel movies is in fact the empire from this timeline, after having undergone subtle changes over 3000 years that, over time, caused it to become the very thing they fought against. (Said people typicly point at simalartys between the imp flag and the prequel flag, as well as other things

Since my "main" is an Agent, was sooo glad to see this.

It made no sense whatsoever that the Empire would continue for an extended period of time with NO Intelligence. No sense at all. Especially since the minute they disbanded Intelligence, they got their @ss handed to them. Repeatedly. Of course, it seems longer than it really was, since game-play time does not equal in-game time.

IA Spoilers...for those who have yet to roll one.

I think everyone agrees that the dismantling of Imperial Intelligence was a colossal blunder, and likely directly caused the death of 3 Darths and effectively lost Correlia AND the main thrust Core Worlds offensive. And since the Star Cabal's influence was the main reason IA was dismantled, and they are now on the run and not interfering as much as they used to in the war, it makes total sense that someone within the Empire was going to wise up and "reactivate" some kind of Intelligence Organization, and the IA would be tapped as a resource.

Some of you may remember that Keeper/Minister flat out told you in your prologue that "Without us, the Empire falls apart." And damn strait if that didn't happen as predicted.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow :)

Since my "main" is an Agent, was sooo glad to see this.

It made no sense whatsoever that the Empire would continue for an extended period of time with NO Intelligence. No sense at all. Especially since the minute they disbanded Intelligence, they got their @ss handed to them. Repeatedly. Of course, it seems longer than it really was, since game-play time does not equal in-game time.

IA Spoilers...for those who have yet to roll one.

I think everyone agrees that the dismantling of Imperial Intelligence was a colossal blunder, and likely directly caused the death of 3 Darths and effectively lost Correlia AND the main thrust Core Worlds offensive. And since the Star Cabal's influence was the main reason IA was dismantled, and they are now on the run and not interfering as much as they used to in the war, it makes total sense that someone within the Empire was going to wise up and "reactivate" some kind of Intelligence Organization, and the IA would be tapped as a resource.

Some of you may remember that Keeper/Minister flat out told you in your prologue that "Without us, the Empire falls apart." And damn strait if that didn't happen as predicted.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow :)

That moment ruined the IA story line for me :(