Does BW/EA listen or care?

Henu

I put this question forward because i see many many many post about a number of different things that a large amount of people would consider important but never addressed.

Ive played from pre launch and have seen my fair share of bugs and the response time to patch these problems, we have seen OP classes been nerfed to the point that no one hardly plays the class/spec, entire areas of the game just given up on, left to waste in the corner. Patch notes claiming a fix to a problem to find out that its still broken, we see classes pump out huge DPS/Heals and not even touched or again nerfed to unplayable.

Yet as a public we address these issues and report back to BW/EA through PST game play or even taking the time to write up a post and share it with everyone but we get little to none response to the people that WE are paying to fix our issues.

To the people at bioware and EA games, you need to listen to your clients, talk to us how you are going to fix or help our concerns, or we will give up on you all together. People dont want to played a game when we are not having fun in it.

Each of us has their own personal priority. BW is likely the same.

For me, I seek something to do at 50 that is both enjoyable and available on my server.

Hard for BW to meet my expectations without cross server PvP, so to me, they have not yet listened.

If your expectations have already been met, then to you, they listen.

Each of us has their own personal priority. BW is likely the same.

For me, I seek something to do at 50 that is both enjoyable and available on my server.

Hard for BW to meet my expectations without cross server PvP, so to me, they have not yet listened.

If your expectations have already been met, then to you, they listen.

THIS^^^^

Remember this is the company that after launched did a Guild Summit where they asked the community for what they wanted.

Since then we have got many things the community has asked for such as ranked warzones, LFG (which they where against), Server transfers, and many more.

So yes they do listen, they do care and they are working for us.

They listen, and likely care. They don't need to communicate that back to you on every single thread for that to remain true.

Not communicate to every thread but we do want feed back. Im a PVPer so ill give some examples of area's where BW/EA do not listen.

We have DPS classes where the balance of DPS output is too large, 1 class can put up to 1mil DPS and others struggle to get 500k and the same goes with healers.

Ilum, fun to start off with, then the changed it, then they broke it, then they said screw it and removed the point of it.

Look at the PTS for 1.3 patch.. the treads screaming out about things still bugged and broken but no one listened and the week to follow we had 5 shutdowns to fix issues that were posted on the PTS forums.

Not communicate to every thread but we do want feed back. Im a PVPer so ill give some examples of area's where BW/EA do not listen.

We have DPS classes where the balance of DPS output is too large, 1 class can put up to 1mil DPS and others struggle to get 500k and the same goes with healers.

Ilum, fun to start off with, then the changed it, then they broke it, then they said screw it and removed the point of it.

Look at the PTS for 1.3 patch.. the treads screaming out about things still bugged and broken but no one listened and the week to follow we had 5 shutdowns to fix issues that were posted on the PTS forums.

Every time you pvper's cry about balance, you ruin the game for PVE.

I.E: The commando heals was really a good class up until the kolto bomb nerf. Basically a sage with less gear will now out heal a full aug rak geared commando heals on the last boss in Denova due to the aoe heals.

You have to think about what goes into balance and patches. It's not easy for a game company to fix stuff when it has two different parts of the game. Fixing one will break the other.

Edited by keitzy

I.E: The commando heals was really a good class up until the kolto bomb nerf. Basically a sage with less gear will now out heal a full aug rak geared commando heals on the last boss in Denova due to the aoe heals.

You have to think about what goes into balance and patches. It's not easy for a game company to fix stuff when it has two different parts of the game. Fixing one will break the other.

They should seperate stats for PVE and PVP.

There's an ENTIRE TEAM dedicated to addressing the issues the players bring forth. They've got a strong social media presence, they post here on the forums, you can follow them ALL on twitter, they have the dev tracker where they answer questions DIRECTLY from the player base and they just held a guild summit where their whole purpose was to hear the concerns of the players. They don't care? In the 7 months the game has been out, they've introduced a new warzone, a new operation, a looking for group feature, server transfers, the legacy system and various class balancing patches. They've also told us there's going to be new difficulty levels of operations and flashpoints, a new planet, a new space mission, a new species and more world events. All of these features are things the playerbase has asked for. I mean seriously, what more do you want them to do and what timetable do you want them to do it in? I'd be willing to bet if your boss chewed your *** because you didn't instantly produce results for them you'd be a little miffed but that's exactly what so many internet/mmo gamers expect these companies to do. "I want this content/adjustment/fix and you should have introduced it two months before I realized I wanted it."

Sooooooooooooooo Much this x10 ^ infinity!!!!!11! In every MMORPG I have ever played. :mad:

Edited by Urael