Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian vs Sentinel

Adaliaya
07.24.2014 , 08:24 PM | #21
I would also keep in mind that fotm is very typical on Bioware's balancing, so "the best spec" can change quite rapidly. However, most of classes have at least one viable spec so I wouldnt worry too much

mastervalkar
07.25.2014 , 01:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I would also keep in mind that fotm is very typical on Bioware's balancing, so "the best spec" can change quite rapidly. However, most of classes have at least one viable spec so I wouldnt worry too much
I would not say that Vigilance Guardians are FOTM right now. Was there a change in the Sent vs Guardian numbers in favor of the Guardian? Yes, but I would say the real FOTM currently are Assault Spec Vanguards/Pyro PTs right now. VG/PT has the best combo of overall DPS and CC in PvP right now (at least in my opinion) and their DPS in end-game is soooo good right now running Assault/Pyro.

At the end of the day though, people will play what is the most comfortable to them. For me, the Guardian/Jugg for the Knight/Warrior class
Arkaine (Jedi & Sith) - Rendarr (Troopers/BHs) - Prowler (Agents & Smugglers)

Ardarell_Solo
07.30.2014 , 08:45 AM | #23
I'd say Sentinel is the more acrobatical class, while playing a Guardian feels more epic and is closer to the iconic "Star Wars" Jedi. DPS wise Sentinel is slightly ahead in its best performing specc Watchman, but if you can master Guardian's Vigilance, you're in a pretty good place now, too. Watchman is surely one of the speccs in the game that produces very good results, even if you're not that skilled. Learning curve on Vigilance Guardian and especially Combat Sent is much steeper.

In the end both ACs are close enough these days that I'd advise you to go for the class you find more appealing and that's simply more fun. Because that will make you push its limits :-)

Minor point to consider: Some raid leaders will still rather give their melee spots to Sents instead of any other class for Inspiration/Transcendence.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tank und rDD gesucht! Infos HIER.
T3-M4