Some mats don't go into material inventory

UlaVii

Hey, I really like having a dedicated legacy materials inventory. I've been going through and dumping everything from my legacy storage into it which has been very satisfying but I stumbled across a few mats that refuse to go in. I thought it would be handy to have a thread for people to post any others they found with similar problems.

1. Biometric Crystal Alloy
  2. Dioxatrene-11
  3. Fabricator Design MK-4
  4. Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts
  5. Scrap: Scavenged Scrap
  6. Scrap: Jawa Junk
  7. Self-Perpetuating Power Cell
  8. Universal Prefab MK-1
  9. Universal Prefab MK-4

A couple of small glitches with the materials inventory:

1) If you click a section title text it toggles it twice e.g. contracts and then expands again straight away

2) If you contract sections, then add materials it expands those sections even if the material goes into a different one

Edited by UlaVii

The Scrap (Assorted Droid parts, Jawa Junk, Scavanged scrap) are not mats. They are a form of currency that can be used to buy mats or companion gifts for the cartel market companions. So they actually shouldn't go in that tab.

Is anyone else having the issue where these are no longer Auto stacking?

Ok, I went through with all the basic (i.e. pure gathering skills) mats, white/green/blue/purple, grade 1-10 and the following don't go into the mats tab:

Treasure Hunting:

ALL blue and purple mats grades 1-10 (nope, not a single one went into the mats tab)

Diplomacy (medical supplies):

ALL blue and purple mats grades 1-10

Investigation:

Underworld Trading:

ALL blue and purple underworld metals grades 1-10

ALL blue and purple luxury fabrics grades 1-10

Miscellaneous:

All prefab stuff

All G10 bonded attachment/assembly components (didn't have all permutations of G1-9 so someone who does please check those too).

All the "exotic" crafting mats and random stuff like ice scrabbler liver.

I get it with the exotic stuff, and I can rationalise how the BA/AC stuff and the prefab things and while it would be nice to be able to add these, I can see the justification for not doing it.

But the TH/UWT/Investi/Diplo mats ought to be in the mats bag. They are crafting mats, and not even any special kind, just not from skills that have gathering nodes (i.e. purely crew skills missions).

TLDR:

Invesitgation, diplomacy, treasure hunting and underworld trading mats do NOT go in the mats tab, but absolutely should do. Exotics and intermediary crafting mats (those you craft that are then used to craft other things as a secondary craft) don't all go in either.

EDIT: MANY OF THESE MATS WILL GO IN, BUT NOT AUTOMATICALLY. See my post on p2 for more details. I still think it needs addressing but it's not as game-breaking as I initially thought.

Edited by Azreail

1. Biometric Crystal Alloy
  2. Dioxatrene-11
  3. Fabricator Design MK-4
  4. Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts
  5. Scrap: Scavenged Scrap
  6. Scrap: Jawa Junk
  7. Self-Perpetuating Power Cell
  8. Universal Prefab MK-1
  9. Universal Prefab MK-4

The first 3 and the Power Cell,I don't know about, but see below about the deposit button.

The scraps, as has been noted, are not crafting mats. But maybe a future update might add them.

The Prefabs are crafted items, not crafting materials.

Some of the problems people are having with putting mats into Mat storage may have to do with how you are adding them - say drag&drop versus right-click - plus the setting of the "deposit" button at the upper left of the Inventory window.

I didn't have any trouble putting any of my mats into the Mat storage, but I may not have any of the ones that gave problems.

P.s - I've had no stacking issues. But there could still be the old "put the scrap into storage and then drag and drop the piles together" thing that was before.

Edited by JediQuaker

That's so weird. I had 3 full tabs of mats for every crafting class, plus slicing, and the exotics. Nothing was left behind after I moved stuff into it. Everything's in the new storage.

Same here. The only items that wouldn't go in for me were the universal prefabs. I wonder what's going on.

Ok, I went through with all the basic (i.e. pure gathering skills) mats, white/green/blue/purple, grade 1-10 and the following don't go into the mats tab:

Treasure Hunting:

ALL blue and purple mats grades 1-10 (nope, not a single one went into the mats tab)

Diplomacy (medical supplies):

Investigation:

Underworld Trading:

ALL blue and purple underworld metals grades 1-10

ALL blue and purple luxury fabrics grades 1-10

Miscellaneous:

All prefab stuff

All G10 bonded attachment/assembly components (didn't have all permutations of G1-9 so someone who does please check those too).

All the "exotic" crafting mats and random stuff like ice scrabbler liver.

I get it with the exotic stuff, and I can rationalise how the BA/AC stuff and the prefab things and while it would be nice to be able to add these, I can see the justification for not doing it.

But the TH/UWT/Investi/Diplo mats ought to be in the mats bag. They are crafting mats, and not even any special kind, just not from skills that have gathering nodes (i.e. purely crew skills missions).

TLDR:

Invesitgation, diplomacy, treasure hunting and underworld trading mats do NOT go in the mats tab, but absolutely should do. Exotics and intermediary crafting mats (those you craft that are then used to craft other things as a secondary craft) don't all go in either.

These are different than the other issue mentioned by OP.

These do not AUTOMATICALLY go into your materials inventory when you use the button because the UI button only move greens and below. Any purple or blue mats have to be added to the materials inventory by hand.

Basically, with your materials inventory open, right click on these blue and purple mats.

Same here. The only items that wouldn't go in for me were the universal prefabs. I wonder what's going on.

Synthetic and Industrial PreFabs are both an end product and a sub component, so I have been able to place them in the materials inventory but also remove them. Universal Prefabs are only an end product so I could see why they would not go.

The Dioxtriene-11 thingy was a PvP crafting material used for biochem to make Warzone Adrenals. It doesn’t drop anymore as Warzone medpacks and adrenals are cheap enough and plentiful enough that it probably never will come back, honestly i think its been gone since 3.0. However I can confirm I was NOT able to place it in the materials. Interestingly though, the ice fern stuff for Ice Scrabbler Jerky DOES go into materials stash.

All fabricator crystals and fabricator designs of all four MK- levels went into materials stash for me, including mk-4

Edited by phalczen

These do not AUTOMATICALLY go into your materials inventory when you use the button because the UI button only move greens and below. Any purple or blue mats have to be added to the materials inventory by hand.

You can right-click on the deposit button and set the level of mats to be auto-deposited.

Also, for me, I deposited all mats by just right-clicking on the stacks of material, before I even noticed the deposit button.

(As I mentioned in another post, you need to have "Enable movable windows" (or whatever wording) checked in Interface Editor, and have the Materials tab and the storage pane (cargo or legacy) open, to simply right-click.)

So, this is an update to my previous post about all the invesit/diplo/th/uwt mats not working, after some further experimentation.

They *will* go into the bank but they NOT if you use the "transfer all mats to mats tab" button. For me, using that button does nothing, and click on each stack also does nothing. However, if I open the mats tab and then click stack by stack on each mat individually, that will move the stack to the mats tab. Also, any mats from the mats "bags" you get in chests will still transfer upon opening the bag.

So, you CAN end up with these mats in your mats tab, but it is a more convoluted process than for e.g. bio mats. IMO this is not working properly/working as intended and still needs a fix, but there IS a workaround.

Edited by Azreail

You can right-click on the deposit button and set the level of mats to be auto-deposited.

Also, for me, I deposited all mats by just right-clicking on the stacks of material, before I even noticed the deposit button.

(As I mentioned in another post, you need to have "Enable movable windows" (or whatever wording) checked in Interface Editor, and have the Materials tab and the storage pane (cargo or legacy) open, to simply right-click.)

Good to know. Thanks for that!

Is anyone else having the issue where these are no longer Auto stacking?

Yeah... it's really frustrating when you're gathering slicing nodes on Onderon and they don't auto stack, you have to combine them after each gather.

I'm positive this will be fixed at some point, though. :)

So, this is an update to my previous post about all the invesit/diplo/th/uwt mats not working, after some further experimentation.

They *will* go into the bank but they NOT if you use the "transfer all mats to mats tab" button. For me, using that button does nothing, and click on each stack also does nothing. However, if I open the mats tab and then click stack by stack on each mat individually, that will move the stack to the mats tab. Also, any mats from the mats "bags" you get in chests will still transfer upon opening the bag.

So, you CAN end up with these mats in your mats tab, but it is a more convoluted process than for e.g. bio mats. IMO this is not working properly/working as intended and still needs a fix, but there IS a workaround.

Right click on the transfer-all-mats button.

It's programmable so you can customize what does and does not get moved. It defaults to move green mats and below only. Set it to legendary and it'll move ALL the mats every time you push that button. :)

Edited by damonskye

Yeah... it's really frustrating when you're gathering slicing nodes on Onderon and they don't auto stack, you have to combine them after each gather.

I'm positive this will be fixed at some point, though. :)

Slicing nodes always gave "credit cases" (and schematics) and I don't recall the cases ever stacking. I've always had to right-click on each credit case to get the contents. It is a bit more annoying though, that each node seems to give 3 cases and each time you right click, you now have to click again to Accept the contents.

Slicing nodes always gave "credit cases" (and schematics) and I don't recall the cases ever stacking. I've always had to right-click on each credit case to get the contents. It is a bit more annoying though, that each node seems to give 3 cases and each time you right click, you now have to click again to Accept the contents.

The 600+ ones on Onderon (I haven't passed that planet yet) give the three junk types (Jawa Junk plus the Blue & Green lesser versions) and they don't stack either. :)

I get that slicing credit cases don't as they're consumables, but in these cases, any materials coming into your bags should automatically get added to stacks.

The Scrap (Assorted Droid parts, Jawa Junk, Scavanged scrap) are not mats. They are a form of currency that can be used to buy mats or companion gifts for the cartel market companions. So they actually shouldn't go in that tab.

If Scrap (Assorted Droid parts, Jawa Junk, Scavanged scrap) is a form of currency, then they should go to the currency tab. If it does not go to the currency tab, it is not a currency (logical?).

Those scrap are in fact a form of mat albeit that it is a "general" mat which awaits "conversion" at the scrap vendor since it serve no other purposes than above-mentioned.

Either way, it should not take up space in the standard storage - if it is currency, then go to currency tab, if it is mat related, then go to the mat inventory. Agree?

If Scrap (Assorted Droid parts, Jawa Junk, Scavanged scrap) is a form of currency, then they should go to the currency tab. If it does not go to the currency tab, it is not a currency (logical?).

Those scrap are in fact a form of mat albeit that it is a "general" mat which awaits "conversion" at the scrap vendor since it serve no other purposes than above-mentioned.

Either way, it should not take up space in the standard storage - if it is currency, then go to currency tab, if it is mat related, then go to the mat inventory. Agree?

I don't see them like that. I see them more like the event currencies, or Cartel Market certs. They might be moved to the currency tab in the future. They definitely aren't a material because they cannot be used, as is, in a crafting schematic. Anyway, this is not the hill to die on. There are far worse things with crafting right now.