Game Update 6.1 ‘Pinnacles of Power’ is Live!

DanielSteed

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really my personal cup of tea, but I know that there are a lot of players that invest lots of time in their strongholds, so I know they'll be thrilled.

The video was VERY well done, almost like a walkthough video from an actual luxury real estate broker. Also, we have some really great game design artists.

Overall, my reaction to the story parts was "meh". But I was expecting that. Only have 4 toons far enough along to do it though so I might be missing some stuff. My own highlight was

my SI officially being given all his Dark Council holdings back, I decided to let Krovos keep using the Silencers, and I love how you guys wrote it so that it still seems as though they are MY ships, but I'm just loaning them out to her for the good of the Empire for as long as I decide to let her keep them. Guessing this means Moff Pyron is at my command again as well, good to hear after he refused to return to me out of Imperial loyalty before, he's lucky I respected that or he might be in for some vindictive punishment now if I was on some of my nutsy SI's lol. Slightly disappointed I didn't get to speak with Talos Drellik and tell him I was gonna place him at the head of the Imperial Reclamation Service :p Can't have it all I guess! That's something I'd love to see as an alliance alert for SI characters in the future, been a while since Talos had any lines. And that totally makes sense for him

Quite disappointed we didn't get a scene with Kira alone on my JK, I thought it was gonna happen at the end of the Kira/Scourge scene when we were going to leave Scourge alone for a while, but nope. With all the talk about a Scourge romance lately I thought other LI's might be getting a scene too, especially Kira.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks for another patch with low content on day when i have a lot of time to play but must waste entire 90 min for stupid endlessly patching bcs you didn't do it 2 days ago. It looks like you just waited for today to ruin mine day for what i have big plans.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Thanks for another patch with low content on day when i have a lot of time to play but must waste entire 90 min for stupid endlessly patching bcs you didn't do it 2 days ago. It looks like you just waited for today to ruin mine day for what i have big plans.

I feel that pain. I use to live out in the sticks and had less than 1mb download speeds. I would have been stuck waiting a day or more for the download. I recently Moved back to town I wont say what my speed is now. Im not hear to rub it in, but Just to Say I hear you! Good Luck.

Very 'meh' on both sides. :/ I found myself asking a lot of questions.

* Why did my character (Pub Saboteur) just blindly accept Republic ships and personnel on Odessen?! This feels like I'm shooting myself in the back here.

* Lana?! The hell did you do with my Alliance banners?! I do not approve of this change! Put them back up! I don't want your illuminated Republic flags!

* Why did the dinosaur and Gnost-Dural bring refugees to Odessen?! I don't want them!

This Darth Rivix - is he supposed to be a pureblood?

He looks either like a low-buget pureblood or a human with facepaint.

Or is he a different race (I´m not familiar the the extended lore).

I would like to have a pureblood romance like Lord Cytharat but Darth Rivix looks so bad :(

This Darth Rivix - is he supposed to be a pureblood?

He looks either like a low-buget pureblood or a human with facepaint.

Or is he a different race (I´m not familiar the the extended lore).

I would like to have a pureblood romance like Lord Cytharat but Darth Rivix looks so bad :(

I would guess he's a Zeltron, and with some of the things Vector talks about, it would fit him.

When story updates are this brief, I feel they should always include something exciting to go along with them. For example, one-on-one romance cutscenes for all LI companions, instead of just a select few of them. I'm disappointed there was nothing for Lana.

And for characters without a LI, maybe a fun little scene where you hang out with some companions at the bar, train your soldiers/apprentices, or something along those lines. That way even if the story update is incredibly short, everyone can still walk away satisfied.

Edited by Drenovade

Dang, it really took you 90 minutes to patch? That's gotta suck, mine took 8 minutes.

The Task At Hand does not recognize my Republic Saboteur is one. Got through Empire side with both a loyal Imperial character and a saboteur. Different dialogue and options in the briefing. But on Republic side my traitrours jedi is getting same dialogue and options as loyal one. And the costumer service rep in live chat didn't understand my complaint. Said to file bug report so I did.

I cannot rest the mission or abandon it.

So I'm stuck into this issue is fixed.

Edited by RameiArashi

It's very pretty and the trailer was very nicely done. I look forward to seeing what I can do with my new home.

Thank you. :)

Where can I find the trailer? Also, I don't remember the Alderaan Stronghold being so big on the PTS! I have cancelled my life for the next 6 months to see to SH decorating business :D

You don't look at the forum for a day and then you are surprised by a Patch. I really thought it would take longer to fix.
- where i said i didn't look on forum? I knew today game have patch but i planned for myself few nice things to do in game including 6.0 flashpoint on Corellia and story with alts on Kotfe and Kotet. And i planned them 3 weeks ago for this day. What i got? .. Another pathetic delay only to RUIN that day and when i finally returned to home i must wait braindead 90 minutes to start anything bcs even network didn't work propely until this another stronghold ala Sims will end downloading.

When story updates are this brief, I feel they should always include something exciting to go along with them. For example, one-on-one romance cutscenes for all LI companions, instead of just a select few of them. I'm disappointed there was nothing for Lana.

If the budget permitted new conversations for all LIs every time there was a story update, I'd be delighted, truly, more than I can express. However, I highly suspect that the budget for this does not exist. Therefore, I would rather get a few scenes with a few LIs each story update than none at all. And frankly I feel Lana has had plenty of content already, while class LIs languished with nothing. Obviously you're entitled to be disappointed in anything, and to request anything. But if you have any interest in fairness (which not everyone does), ask yourself sincerely how long it's been since Lana had a conversation referencing her romance (excluding bugs, which I acknowledge have caused some issues for some characters)... and then compare that with all the other LIs. Lana clearly comes out ahead. Time for others to get more of the spotlight - and I'm glad it's already happening, even if bit by bit is what it takes. Thanks to the devs for shifting the balance a bit more in a fair direction, even if there's still a way to go.

Hello everyone!

Game Update 6.1 'Pinnacles of Power' is now live! Strengthen your ties with the Galactic Republic or Sith Empire and establish a new personal headquarters in the luxurious Alderaan Noble Estate. Curious about checking out the Stronghold? Check out this

!

Why no content in 6.1 we pay a Subscription you can't count 5 mins of a chat as content or walking around a base clicking on green circles then buying the SH what is wrong with Bioware this game is getting worse and worse with the lack of development skill with quality content patches.

Why no content in 6.1 we pay a Subscription you can't count 5 mins of a chat as content or walking around a base clicking on green circles then buying the SH what is wrong with Bioware this game is getting worse and worse with the lack of development skill with quality content patches.

Games in maintenance mode man. Its going to get the minimalist of content.

If the budget permitted new conversations for all LIs every time there was a story update, I'd be delighted, truly, more than I can express. However, I highly suspect that the budget for this does not exist. Therefore, I would rather get a few scenes with a few LIs each story update than none at all. And frankly I feel Lana has had plenty of content already, while class LIs languished with nothing. Obviously you're entitled to be disappointed in anything, and to request anything. But if you have any interest in fairness (which not everyone does), ask yourself sincerely how long it's been since Lana had a conversation referencing her romance (excluding bugs, which I acknowledge have caused some issues for some characters)... and then compare that with all the other LIs. Lana clearly comes out ahead. Time for others to get more of the spotlight - and I'm glad it's already happening, even if bit by bit is what it takes. Thanks to the devs for shifting the balance a bit more in a fair direction, even if there's still a way to go.

I had a feeling someone would reply this way since I specifically mentioned Lana, but you misunderstand, I'm not saying Lana should be a priority compared to other LI companions who, without question, have received way less focus than she has. I just meant that I, personally, was disappointed she got nothing in this update.

My suggestion was that all LI companions should get some attention in updates as small as this one. This whole "minor story update" system is still relatively new. Previously when new story content was introduced, even if your LI didn't get any attention, there was at least some other exciting new story content available.

Hearts and Minds was interesting because of the speech/interview you could do. This update had nothing exciting or interesting happen unless your LI got some attention. It doesn't even have to be about romances, although that'd be nice. I just want these new minor story updates to be more entertaining and not just a few lines of dialogue where nothing much happens.

But yes, if it comes down to the budget, then I agree there are other LI companions who deserve a turn in the spotlight.

Edit: I just realized who those characters from Dantooine are, and that is kind of exciting. But in terms of our own characters doing anything, this update left a lot to be desired.

Edited by Drenovade

Why is there always one? It was explained very clearly in the last livestream and follow-up posts from Keith and co that 6.1 would be a mini-update to the main story (similar in length to "Hearts and Minds" with the primary new thing being the Alderaan Stronghold. More story is coming most likely late spring. I'd rather have this than nothing. I liked that they have listened to our feedback and tried to put interactions in based on what we've said.

OMG I made a white knight post. I'll go have a lie down & take some tablets now :D