6.0.2: Scourge Romance Bug? Tharan Cedrax's Return?

Ylliarus

Looking over the patch notes for today's maintenance, I was somewhat disturbed by the fact that I saw nothing about the Scourge Romance bug or Tharan Cedrax returning to our Jedi Consulars? Are these hidden/surprise features of the maintenance? Or will we have to wait until 2020 until those will be fixed? Wasn't Tharan Cedrax supposed to return to us before the end of the year?

If Tharan's return to our Jedi Consulars is again postponed, then some communication on this fact would have been warranted. And some further information on the Scourge Romance bug as well. People have waited for that one for years and now, when we finally have it, it is bugged.

Edited by Ylliarus

Having not started a romance with Scourge on return, I didn't even know it was bugged. That sucks. Tharan Cedrax is one of my 8 Level 50 Crafting Companions. Had I known, I would not have played the story to the end with my Sage. A promise was made this gets fixed mid December. If that is not possible at least let us get him back over the Odessen return thing. Edited by Salphidor

My 2 republic mains are my jedi shadow and my jedi guardian who is now (supposedly) romancing scourge so both of these issues are rather annoying. Consulars remain the only class with missing companions. Not only having theran dangled in front of us and then nothing, we still haven't heard anything from zenith. This is getting rather annoying.

My 2 republic mains are my jedi shadow and my jedi guardian who is now (supposedly) romancing scourge so both of these issues are rather annoying. Consulars remain the only class with missing companions. Not only having theran dangled in front of us and then nothing, we still haven't heard anything from zenith. This is getting rather annoying.

The most annoying thing is, Zenith would be the easiest one to bring back, since his voice actor comes in with every little patch. He could easily do a few more lines.

I'm guessing they just can't think of how to bring Zenith back even if his VA is available. Really hoping Tharan returns this patch and was just left out of patch notes for some dumb reason or it'll be annoying to be waiting yet again, even longer for his return. Consular's have really gotten the short straw when it comes to companion returns.

Also waiting for my Knight to get his romance with Scourge fixed. It's kinda cruel for him to have to wait so long and then finally get the option to romance Scourge, and then it gets bugged out on him. :(

The longer they leave Zenith the more implausible his return is going to be. It's already been what 7, 8 years and our character hasn't exactly been keeping a low profile. He should have come back to fight the eternal empire. Maybe in the chapter where the captured balmoran diplomat shows up right before we fight arcann. He could have gone back home to hook up with his old contacts.

I'm guessing they just can't think of how to bring Zenith back even if his VA is available.

His VA is not only available, he is there in the studio. Zenith has Troy Baker's voice, same as Theran Shan. This is why I don't get it. They could've brought him in at any point. They managed a story for Felix, Corso, Risha, and Andronikos just fine.

His VA is not only available, he is there in the studio. Zenith has Troy Baker's voice, same as Theran Shan. This is why I don't get it. They could've brought him in at any point. They managed a story for Felix, Corso, Risha, and Andronikos just fine.

Oh I know who his VA is. It's just clear from his old, unused companion return (star fortress of Balmorra I believe) that they don't seem to know how to bring him back at this point, especially in a way that makes any sense given how long it has been at this point, even if they did manage to find ways for the other companions to return. That or they don't care about Zenith (or Consular's.) They didn't care enough to get Tharan's recruitment done in time for his Onslaught reappearance so it doesn't surprise me they're dragging heels with Zenith. (In the patch post Musco has said that Tharan is returning this patch. They just ya know, didn't bother to mention it in the patch info at the time.)

Oh I know who his VA is. It's just clear from his old, unused companion return (star fortress of Balmorra I believe) that they don't seem to know how to bring him back at this point, especially in a way that makes any sense given how long it has been at this point, even if they did manage to find ways for the other companions to return. That or they don't care about Zenith (or Consular's.) They didn't care enough to get Tharan's recruitment done in time for his Onslaught reappearance so it doesn't surprise me they're dragging heels with Zenith. (In the patch post Musco has said that Tharan is returning this patch. They just ya know, didn't bother to mention it in the patch info at the time.)

To be fair, I don't really care for Zenith either, but I also didn't care for Rusk or Skadge :) I mean a far fetched story is better than nothing. I do care for Tharan. Maybe it's because the other companions of the Consular are so dull, but I really like the guy and I'm actually hoping for a romance option, though I fear Holiday is still against it :)

Now that Theron Shan is used so heavily in the story, will the voice actor have to make himself sound significantly different for Zenith? When he was doing a bunch of bit parts, players might not notice him doing multiple characters, but now that it's two major characters...

Remember, stay trendy!

• Dev Post
Looking over the patch notes for today's maintenance, I was somewhat disturbed by the fact that I saw nothing about the Scourge Romance bug or Tharan Cedrax returning to our Jedi Consulars? Are these hidden/surprise features of the maintenance? Or will we have to wait until 2020 until those will be fixed? Wasn't Tharan Cedrax supposed to return to us before the end of the year?

If Tharan's return to our Jedi Consulars is again postponed, then some communication on this fact would have been warranted. And some further information on the Scourge Romance bug as well. People have waited for that one for years and now, when we finally have it, it is bugged.

The Tharan recruitment was just missed in the patch notes, that is in today's patch! The Scourge romance bug unfortunately didn't make it in this patch, but it is scheduled in a future patch. I will provide any updates on that fixes timing as I get them.

-eric

The Tharan recruitment was just missed in the patch notes, that is in today's patch! The Scourge romance bug unfortunately didn't make it in this patch, but it is scheduled in a future patch. I will provide any updates on that fixes timing as I get them.

-eric

Ah, good to hear. I'll be doing the alert with my Jedi Consular now.

-eric

I'm hoping the fix will be before we deal with Vitiate's corpse. Kinda wanted to do that with my Knight first but not touching him until the romance is fixed. :(

I'm hoping the fix will be before we deal with Vitiate's corpse. Kinda wanted to do that with my Knight first but not touching him until the romance is fixed. :(

Likewise, my knight will not be moving on with any story content until I can be sure her significant other is still with her. She's been waiting a long time for scourge I don't want to lose romance content because of a stupid bug.

-eric

Thank you very much for the clarification! It is highly appreciated :)

• 1 month later...

-eric

Has there been an update on the Scourge bug yet? If this isn't fixed soon, what will it mean in upcoming story segments for anyone who wanted to be in a relationship with Scourge?

Has there been an update on the Scourge bug yet? If this isn't fixed soon, what will it mean in upcoming story segments for anyone who wanted to be in a relationship with Scourge?

My character log still says the romance was ended. I'm wary of continuing the story at this point, so I left my knight to sit untill we get more information.

Edited by Izjaslav

-eric

Eric, do you have any clue how long Scourge has been requested as a romance? From the very start. We've waited for YEARS. Scourge fans made countless threads with hundreds if not thousands of collective responses.

We've waited for YEARS, were shoved aside in favor of other flavor of the moment characters and we finally get a romance, that lasted all of 4 seconds. Then it was bugged...and it's still bugged. It was bugged when I left, it's still bugged when I returned. I was looking forward to playing it and it's still broken. I suppose y'all reckon that if we've waited this long what's a few more years huh?

Keep going this way and you won't have to bother fixing it at all. Scourge fans matter. Sorry, but this is really rankling me. Not that it will make a difference to any of you. That much is obvious.

In case you missed it, here's what Charles Boyd had to say (TL;DR - start the Scourge romance at your own risk as they are not sure it's fixed):

Thanks for bringing that up! For those of you with Jedi Knight characters affected by the Scourge romance bug (that is, characters who started a romance with Lord Scourge after the launch of 6.0, but whose companion interactions incorrectly indicate that they’ve broken up with him) it is our current belief based on testing that the bug will not affect the content in 6.1. In other words, while the interaction in the Companions & Contacts window will still display incorrectly, the actual storyline should be unaffected. Specifically, the cinematic scene for the mission "Signal from Noise" will end with...

...your character inviting Scourge to go for a walk someplace quiet.

That said, our investigations into the exact cause of the bug are still ongoing, so we don't feel comfortable calling this a fully "fixed" issue. As it currently seems unlikely that we will get such confirmation in time for the release, we wanted to share these details for those among you who are justifiably cautious where your romances are involved. If you’re concerned about potentially missing the cinematic lines referencing this romance, you may want to hold off on starting “Signal from Noise” when it becomes available in update 6.1. No other missions in the update reference the romance, so they can be played without concern.

We know how important romance storylines are for our players (they're important to us, too!) and will work hard to ensure that the issue is fully resolved in our next patch. As soon as we know the release date and have the fix confirmed, we’ll let you know.

Link: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9820205&postcount=64

Farfarello tested it for us (see post here) and whilst the romance text is still messed up, the romance option does work in 6.1

though it's basically Scourge not coping with his emotions, so Knight asks him if he'd like to take a walk somewhere, nothing more.

No-one has attempted the Scourge romance from scratch (from when he returns in Onslaught) since the bug appeared though (or at least no-one has posted about it). Given Charles' post, it seems a big risk to try it, however I appreciate that he appreciates our in-game romance "obsessions" :D

Edited by Sarova

I imagine the Scourge bug is random then? My Jedi knight that romanced him has in the companion list saying "you've realized your true feelings for him" or something along those lines. My Knight also got the extra dialog with Scourge about taking a walk somewhere quiet after his emotional outburst. Although it ends there which was disappointing to not have an extended conversation with him on our walk.

However, my friend who had a instant level character (the 60 level token) got screwed out of Lana romance and Theron as neither flirt options were in the Cantina Ch. 9 scene. So he decided to romance Scourge and that went fine until he logged in the next time and the companion bio said they parted and went their separate ways. So I guess his Knight will remain a true Jedi and not have any love. :eek:

However, my friend who had a instant level character (the 60 level token) got screwed out of Lana romance and Theron as neither flirt options were in the Cantina Ch. 9 scene. So he decided to romance Scourge and that went fine until he logged in the next time and the companion bio said they parted and went their separate ways. So I guess his Knight will remain a true Jedi and not have any love. :eek:

If I understand correctly, Bioware believes it is the bio entry that is bugged, and not the romance itself. So if Bioware is right, your friend still has the Scourge romance despite what the text says.

Eric, do you have any clue how long Scourge has been requested as a romance? From the very start. We've waited for YEARS. Scourge fans made countless threads with hundreds if not thousands of collective responses.

We've waited for YEARS, were shoved aside in favor of other flavor of the moment characters and we finally get a romance, that lasted all of 4 seconds. Then it was bugged...and it's still bugged. It was bugged when I left, it's still bugged when I returned. I was looking forward to playing it and it's still broken. I suppose y'all reckon that if we've waited this long what's a few more years huh?

Keep going this way and you won't have to bother fixing it at all. Scourge fans matter. Sorry, but this is really rankling me. Not that it will make a difference to any of you. That much is obvious.

Respectfully: NONE of the reunions were what I'd call "exciting". IMO.. the trooper reunion with Elara Dorne was really horrible. Even with the "perfect soldier" : If their relationship was worth $.10 she would have stopped everything going on in that room with a reaction to see her "Love" back in her arms. So much so that she would have been next to impossible to stop from a reunion that would have brought down the house. ( I could see Lana and Theron: … OK … Maybe we should get scarce for a few minutes … or longer" )

But there again.. the reality was: after 2 minutes (or less) … bricked ! DOA !

(Just my useless opinion)