Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

TripleCharged

Am I the only one that feels this way? Every time I pvp, whether it be on my Gunslinger(50/50 WH/BM), or my SageDPS(not yet level 50). Stealth classes slaughter me and many other people I see. The is no good, reliable way to counter a stealth class. They can run away from a losing fight with a single button click. They can pop out of stealth and take your health down(or kill you) before their stuns are finished to the point where you are unable to combat them anymore. Even if these classes did not have stealth they would be able to stand their own in a PVP match cause they are strong enough without it, but when you add stealth to the equation they become nearly unstoppable in 1v1 fights. Many of my deaths come from some stealther sitting around waiting for me to walk by them, or singling me out as I am on my way to battle, or as I am defending a turret they come up and stealth kill me, giving me the choice of calling out to my teammates and dieing, or trying to fight them and usually lose.

I removed my vanguard because I was a bad player in poor gear when I played on him in PVP, I no longer gear him for pvp.

Clearly from reading your post, you havent played a stealth class or you havent figured out a proper strategy to impliment when facing a stealther.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warriors have a hard counter class -> snipers.

Snipers have a hard counter class -> stealthers.

I have a marauder and I rolled an assassin just to hunt snipers. My first target: Sniper and gunslinger, always.

I rolled a Scoundrel scrapper, I can't count how many times I killed a sniper in 1 stunlock, it's so amazing and I love that.

Just because you don't have advantage on everyone you said stealthers are unbalanced.

Deal with it.

If you are The Shadowlands, and I'm against you, I'll always hunt you, I don't care about objectives until snipers are dead.

Nogueira you are one of the most terrible asassins lurking on this forums having no clue how to even fight against snipers. You are the creator of threads and posts about how snipers are OP while you yourself play an asassin. I countered your every damn ridiculous argument in a thread, and you promised me a reply which to the current day you havent yet delivered.

Frankly speaking i wouldnt trust you defending a cap alone from a sniper. You will mess it up then come again on the forums spreading non-sense. All this kill snipers above any mission objectives just speaks about you being butthurt.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Nogueira you are one of the most terrible asassins lurking on this forums having no clue how to even fight against snipers. You are the creator of threads and posts about how snipers are OP while you yourself play an asassin. I countered your every damn ridiculous argument in a thread, and you promised me a reply which to the current day you havent yet delivered.

Frankly speaking i wouldnt trust you defending a cap alone from a sniper. You will mess it up then come again on the forums spreading non-sense. All this kill snipers above any mission objectives just speaks about you being butthurt.

:)

Oh it's so amazing to kill a sniper and he can do nothing... I come out from stealth using spike, force shroud and my rotation, stun him for 4 secs and Assassinate, sniper down in 4~5 secs.

On my scoundrel, shoot first !! Oh god, I can't explain how good I feel to put a sniper on the ground and kill him in 1 stunlock, and he can do nothing because I have all the counter-tools for their defensive cooldowns.

On my marauder I can try, but the sniper have all the counter-tools against me. This is why I play a Scoundrel and Assassin, just to kill snipers.

Well not to insult you but as a tank shadow myself , we have been nerfed to the ground with our stun / kb so it's no reason a stealth scan shouldn't work. And different specs call for a different play style. When I'm vs inf shadows I remember that it is a swishy spec and cant Handel sustained combat. Knowing that as a tank just manage your cooldownsand try to stay alive popping a medpack + adrenal should get you past the stuns and we only have about 3 useful ranged attacks ( 2 if you are kinetic combat ) if you can drag the fight out then you will certainly win.

If you are fighting a 27 / 0 / 14 I don't know what to tell you , I generally don't use stealth very often as a tank.

Edited by MindgameZ

• 2 weeks later...
:)

Oh it's so amazing to kill a sniper and he can do nothing... I come out from stealth using spike, force shroud and my rotation, stun him for 4 secs and Assassinate, sniper down in 4~5 secs.

On my scoundrel, shoot first !! Oh god, I can't explain how good I feel to put a sniper on the ground and kill him in 1 stunlock, and he can do nothing because I have all the counter-tools for their defensive cooldowns.

On my marauder I can try, but the sniper have all the counter-tools against me. This is why I play a Scoundrel and Assassin, just to kill snipers.

Perfect description of why those 2 classes are unbalanced. There should not be a situation in a game where one class will be gauranteed to win if they are just half decent. That is not balance at all.

Perfect description of why those 2 classes are unbalanced. There should not be a situation in a game where one class will be gauranteed to win if they are just half decent. That is not balance at all.

Try Scrapper vs. Pyrotech before you whine about balance. (This is assuming that the fight is in a duel environment)

The sniper in your Sniper vs. Scoundrel/Shadow has the same chance of winning that a scoundrel does versus a powertech. Both fights are extremely tough and demand perfection on your class.

Unbalanced? No.

Extremely difficult? Hell yes.

The sniper is doing what at this time? Just sitting there waiting for you to kill him? (Going from gunslinger perspective)

You open? They knockback.

You cleanse the 5 second root? They leg shot you.

You trigger dodge at close range to prevent damage? Kick to the balls.

You use your bleed? They use absorption shield.

You waste your CC breaker on that kick to the balls? Flashed for 8 seconds.

It's a tough fight, one that snipers/gunslingers have a disadvantage in...but it's not impossible to win.

Edited by jackrunip

The only thing i find unbalanced about stealth classes, is the fact that Shadow/Assassin tanks can stealth. Giving a class which can be geared and specced to be almost unkillable, and then giving them the chance to stealth...is retarded.

Please disable stealth in tank spec

Edited by Mossesman

The only thing i find unbalanced about stealth classes, is the fact that Shadow/Assassin tanks can stealth. Giving a class which can be geared and specced to be almost unkillable, and then giving them the chance to stealth...is retarded.

Please disable stealth in tank spec

Yeah. Please nerf tank sins. There are still some people using darkness in PvP. ***? Why are their any tanks left in PvP still?

• 2 weeks later...
One of the major problems I have with this is that stealth classes are not just a hard counter for many classes, they are an Absolute counter for them in many situations, and many of these situations are game deciding points. Gunslingers are great at what they do which is just doing damage to people who are not paying attention and keeping them away from the gunslinger so they can continue that, but that is not an absolute counter to any class, except maybe a marauder/jugg in open flat ground with no hiding positions, but that does not have any significance on the outcome of a match, just that one fight. When a stealther shows up at a point and mezzes the defender and captures the point, that could be the difference between a win and a loss. There was nothing that defender could have done, the stealther showing up so close does not give the defender enough time to call out to teammates, even if they are in voice chat. When a normal player attempts to capture a point, if the defender is paying attention they can call out to their team and have them come and assist, so that even if the defender does lose the fight hopefully their team has sent someone to help.

When a stealther shows up at a point and mezzes the defender and captures the point, that could be the difference between a win and a loss. There was nothing that defender could have done, the stealther showing up so close does not give the defender enough time to call out to teammates, even if they are in voice chat. When a normal player attempts to capture a point, if the defender is paying attention they can call out to their team and have them come and assist, so that even if the defender does lose the fight hopefully their team has sent someone to help.

Why is a defender alone at a point? Sounds like a bad and noobish decision to me.

I think what you are really saying is that stealthers exploit people who are already being bad. That actually seems right to me; stealthers are very good at exploiting bad players doing bad things like leaving nodes underguarded, who don't know how to use their CCs and defensive CDs, who don't know when to use their escape, who allow the ball to reach endzone ledges uncontested, etc.

For those of us who know how to play against stealthers, however, the advantage isn't even that scary. If anything, all the abilities that stealthers trade to gain stealth are no longer worth that single ability in the face of a competent player.

Leaving two people to guard a point is unnecessary except to avoid stealthers. One defender can hold a point against non stealthers if they call out properly and are paying attention. Stealthers however force you to have 2 people defending which in most cases means that if your team is the one who does not have the third point you will only have 6 people attacking the point which is usually not enough because of respawn times. People always say in the forums that you should have two defenders but it never works out that way, even in premades. It is almost always one defender unless you have a teammate who has given up and is just defender farming. Many times I have seen a point with one defender and gone to help defend and when I show up they leave even if I ask them to stay. All of what I am saying applies to regular warzones not ranked. In ranked you actually need to have proper strategies but in regular that is not the case. The ability of stealthers to exploit a bad team is game breaking when it comes to regular warzone matches. You can have a team that is good at slaying/healing/guarding but if they do not apply proper strategy in a pug match that does not necessarily make them a bad player.

GET THE **** AWAY FROM THE *********** STEALTH CLASS mode. .

The quote is were your problem is you dont have time to run away with any class in this game you have to have a offense. If a melee class or stealth class jumps you turn and hit the living day lights out of them. Don't wait till your 50% health watch for there defense cd's running or LOSing is a good thing. You run right off the bat while there hitting you your giving them free time to take your HP down.

The classes are not OP your reaction to them is what kills you. Try this find a friend or guild member that has that class spend some time doing duels and see what counter you have. I will bet you do this you will find a way to beat said class.

Edited by Neoforcer

Solution:

Nerf Operatives!

That is a possible solution, the classes can just be weakened.

People say that the DPS of the stealth classes is low, which is just totally false. A shadow can easily pull top dps in an operation without stealthing at all. Soundrels are not quite that strong but are not as weak as people seem to think.

hey TripleCharged, I've got one for ya....

I play an hybrid Jugg and Guardian, and Gunslingers are way too overpowered. I can't leap to them, I have one ranged attack, and my beautiful CC's wont work most of the time. Why can't my class beat them easily? Why should they have an advantage I don't? Think this variation of your complaint is whiney and biased? Guess what? That's every post you've made in this thread. I'm sorry but it's true. You don't want to learn, you want your class to be perfect and have no challenge. Life's unfair son, get used to it before you get out of high school or the real world's gonna be a nightmare.

Actually I don't have too much of a problem with Gunslingers/Snipers except when I'm guarding a door in Voidstar....Why you ask? Because it's harder to LoS them there and still guard the door. Otherwise, I'll taunt them, LoS them, and ignore them.

Oh wait, Stealthers....yeah, only had a problem with one stealth scoundrel in my time. Not because he was OP, but because he was better than me. No shame in that.

P.P.S. Nerf Operatives?

• 2 weeks later...
hey TripleCharged, I've got one for ya....

I play an hybrid Jugg and Guardian, and Gunslingers are way too overpowered. I can't leap to them, I have one ranged attack, and my beautiful CC's wont work most of the time. Why can't my class beat them easily? Why should they have an advantage I don't? Think this variation of your complaint is whiney and biased? Guess what? That's every post you've made in this thread. I'm sorry but it's true. You don't want to learn, you want your class to be perfect and have no challenge. Life's unfair son, get used to it before you get out of high school or the real world's gonna be a nightmare.

Actually I don't have too much of a problem with Gunslingers/Snipers except when I'm guarding a door in Voidstar....Why you ask? Because it's harder to LoS them there and still guard the door. Otherwise, I'll taunt them, LoS them, and ignore them.

Oh wait, Stealthers....yeah, only had a problem with one stealth scoundrel in my time. Not because he was OP, but because he was better than me. No shame in that.

P.P.S. Nerf Operatives?

A gunslinger/sniper is avoidable. Simply run away and do not engage. When a stealther attacks you it forces the engagement and will 100% everytime get you out of the battle, whether it is forcing you to attack said stealther or forcing you to run away.

And you said it your self you do not have much of a problem with gunslingers unless it is a very specific location and situation.

Only stealther even worth discussing is a tankassin. The rest are awful squishy and if you're losing it's b/c they're better than you.

Best advice for dealing with stealthies is always assume there is a stealthy next to you and play accordingly.

Shadow dps tanks can be well played or absymal. I have seen focus specced juggers and guardians running soresu form doing immense dmg. We can't pull off them kinds of numbers not in normal circumstances.

I am not an easy kill, i dont just simply stand there and attempt to DPS the target I was on before, I switch into, GET THE **** AWAY FROM THE *********** STEALTH CLASS mode. I usually have most of my cooldowns up to get away, and I can sometimes. But usually my health is below 50% while they are still at 100 by the time I am able to respond after the stuns break. Like I said, there is no good reliable counter to any stealth class that stuns you while they are stealthed. Even on my tank, by the time I stand up my health is too low to respond properly to the threat. And I am not going to create a stealth class because it is something I despise in every game I play. Whether it be Halo, TF2, SWTOR or any other game with a stealther in it, I hate them. I can only think of one reliable way to nerf stealth classes, Make it so while they are stealthed, their cooldowns to not come back, because all they have to do is stealth and sit in a corner, then pick out a single target, kill them and repeat. It does nothing to help the objective.

Sorry dude, you sound like an easy kill to me. Stealth is something you're just going to have to accept. I am regularly irritated by people who can only get one over on you by stealthing around, but hey, that's war and you aren't helpless... the game revolves around utility and Gunslingers have ALOT of it. From Hunker down, to Pulse Detonator, to my favorite and dispised, Leg Shot. Use these... alot. You know you can't be cc'ed while hunkering down I imagine. Additionally anyone worth their salt uses wz stims (the med pack and resolve booster). And if you can't beat a stealther slow em down for the next guy before you drop by giving him a vital shot DoT. If they fail to notice their escape plan will pop premature as that little tick exposes them again. Finally, you know they're out there and when they get a beat on you... learn to anticipate them... You might hate it but if you don't learn to think like the enemy you're just gonna keep getting rolled. And I got no sympathy for you.

Only agreement I'll give is that it's BS that a Shadow/Assassin can pull 350k damage while pulling 150k defense AND 150k heals in one wz. TANKS should not be leading the damage boards, even if it IS a hybrid spec, or the healing boards and certainly not all three.