HM to long to expensive!!!!

Why are HMs harder then raiding!!!! Why do they charge you 50k to repair??? As of now I need to farm for two hours to run 3 hours of a FP in witch may not even end well with the last boss even dieing. You have to spam for a hour to get the group to full then its wipe time and thats if and I MEAN IF the boss isnt bugged some how. PLEAEs tell me and the rest of us you have plans to fix the cost and inbalance of these HM with the time and gear it takes to do them. Raiding is so much faster and cheaper then this. Edited by dancingwolf

gear up doing your dailys, as long as you have modable gear in those slots, the armorings, mods, and enhancements you get from the dailys should be just perfect to gear you for hard modes, also, get a guild, makes group content much easier to complete.

Iam geared but with no way to look at others till they show up takes even more time. This group was geared allmost all epics and if you need full epics then whats the point in running it at all cart befor the horse. It shouldnt be that way. As is its a big end of the line or no fun at all and to much money and time.

As Rethoren stated, get a guild. If everyone is geared well, the problem is tactics/skill/lack of knowing each other.

Playing with people you can rely on and you can improve together with should help you.

*edit* I'm not saying that you can't rely on groups of non-guildies, but you know, you never knows what awaits you.

Edited by vicious_cake

I love the HM FP's!

Just recently started doing them together 3 friends. First time for all of us. Did Kaon last night, and the bonus droid was hard, but fun. Took a few tries to get that one down.

It's awesome that they are actually challenging, and not a dang cake walk like it is in other mmo's.

Personally I really hope they keep this up when releasing new FP's. And it's not hard to get money for repairs/stims etc.

Please the cost to repair is trivial compared to how easy it is to obtain credits in this game. Also 50k in repairs means you were running the instance with complete idiots and should have left about 35k in repairs sooner than you did. None of the hard modes requires anything more than moderate orange/blue gear to complete with a group that isn't stupid.

lol so u dont like to wipe go play normal then - and if u dont got the money at u lvl50 then u ar make som ting wrong - i make 300-400k a day easy . so if u cant handle wipe 3-5 times and pay for u gear then u need to go back to WoW/Rift/aion in sted - just make u daly quest u get over 100k in 1H - let me see u got Bio crew skill hehe sorry for u then- i sell stuff on Gtm wed easy and make a hell lot of money cypertec on my Alt i sell like 14-18 ship parts a day - and on main i got armormec sell 6-10 gear items a day lvl45 to 50 Epix wed no problem - i just buy the Stims i need for HM OPS and i stell got over 5mill - leern to make money --- and on the side HM is not to long love it Edited by nexusbob

I found it easier and faster to gear up for pve by just doing pvp. Just skip the hm flashpoints as they give way to little. When you got a bunch of champion pieces just go and raid. But there you get slapped in the face again with bugged speeders and what not that make you run from a few bosses back to the one you wiped on instead of from the last downed one. *sigh*

So I do agree with the poster. The punishment for trying (for you) hard pve content in a progressive manner is also really harsh and not something the current system encourage due to repair costs and 'funny hikes' for hours.

On some bosses/flashpoints you do get back to the boss when you enter after a wipe though but this could really benifit from beeing streamlined across raids and flashpoints to be consistent and less tedious.

Why are HMs harder then raiding!!!!

They can be done every day for Columi Tokens, you can even do all Bosses except the last, reset and start again the same day.

If it were any easier, people would be equipped even faster. Also, Hard Mode...

Why do they charge you 50k to repair???

They dont, it depends on quality and damage of gear. I only pay that kind of reapir bills in Ops or when we did Hardmodes for the first time. Do a few dailies, money made again.

As of now I need to farm for two hours to run 3 hours of a FP in witch may not even end well with the last boss even dieing.

That is hardly Biowares fault, the hardmodes are definately doable, they were tough at first (again, they are called HARD MODE) but now we run some in just over 20 min.

You have to spam for a hour to get the group to full then its wipe time and thats if and I MEAN IF the boss isnt bugged some how.

I agree that the lfg options are to limited. At the moment the best option is to get a decent guild / friendslist.

PLEAEs tell me and the rest of us you have plans to fix the cost and inbalance of these HM with the time and gear it takes to do them. Raiding is so much faster and cheaper then this.

I dont see an imbalance, again, you can do all hardmodes every single day. Not doing the endbosses you can farm all the ones in between until your fingers bleed.

The possibility to equip yourself is thus much higher then in Ops.

Just how easy do you want it to be ??

I found it easier and faster to gear up for pve by just doing pvp.

I would rather repeatedly stab myself in the eye with a fork then do that again.

(Beware, subjective Oppinion incoming)

Running Hardmodes is fun, PvP in Swtor is not.

Apart from D7 being broken for certain group make-ups, I don't see the problem.

I started tanking HMs in crafted gear (advanced or mastercraft with the augment slot, you can add tons of mitigation or dps stats to your gear) with absolutely no problems.

If you're running with people kitted in epics and wiping constantly, someone is doing something very wrong. I've only done each one a couple of times and cant steamroll through them without stopping in a pug.

Keep running them til you get a good group, add those people to your friends list. You'll end up with 10-20 people who are on around the same time as you and know what they're doing, and you'll find out how easy the HMs are, bugs aside.

Only time I've had a problem was a dps who showed up in level 40 healer greens. Enrage timers left, right and centre.

"This just in: Hardmodes are hard."

Hardmodes are a deceptive thing. One would believe that since they are called hard mode... that they aren't hard.

But to our surprise, hardmodes are actually hard. It seems that you need to have a group with their heads screwed on to be able to clear the hard modes without much of a problem.

This kind of system is ridiculous and the community wants to steam roll any hardmode with little effort.

This kind of deception is a game breaker and everyone wants it to change. At least change the title of hard mode to represent that it's hard.

More news at 11 where we discuss that snipers shoot stuff with guns from far away.

lol so u dont like to wipe go play normal then - and if u dont got the money at u lvl50 then u ar make som ting wrong - i make 300-400k a day easy . so if u cant handle wipe 3-5 times and pay for u gear then u need to go back to WoW/Rift/aion in sted - just make u daly quest u get over 100k in 1H - let me see u got Bio crew skill hehe sorry for u then- i sell stuff on Gtm wed easy and make a hell lot of money cypertec on my Alt i sell like 14-18 ship parts a day - and on main i got armormec sell 6-10 gear items a day lvl45 to 50 Epix wed no problem - i just buy the Stims i need for HM OPS and i stell got over 5mill - leern to make money --- and on the side HM is not to long love it

Didn't I see you trolling the other post about this same subject as well? Hard to forget.

Seems like HM flashpoints are only there if you can't get 8 people together or you're on timer for ops. Right now that happens a lot since there's only 2 normal mode ops, and one may be too hard for some, thus only leaving one.

But thats really where it ends. It takes less time to speedrun normal EV 5/5 than it does to speed run False Emperor (ok, maybe not less time but its freagin close) with similarly geared people. in False Emperor HM you get a chance at MAYBE getting a chest piece for someone who can use it. and maybe 1-2 tionese pieces. Maybe. On normal EV you get 20 chances, and they're assigned to classes that, while maybe not the right specs, can at least equip them.

So in my book, 1 normal EV is worth 30+ runs of HM flashpoints.

Hardmodes require good coordination and many times require a tank that can position and do a good job. These are not easy by any stretch if you do not outgear them. Enrage timers make it so you can't move slowly either.

The fact is I don't see a problem. Get some good players together and get on vent. Prefferably find a guild who has people that want to do competative content. But these flashes drop tier two. I will repeat, Tier Two. So difficulty and repair bills will be present as well.

I found it easier and faster to gear up for pve by just doing pvp. Just skip the hm flashpoints as they give way to little. When you got a bunch of champion pieces just go and raid. But there you get slapped in the face again with bugged speeders and what not that make you run from a few bosses back to the one you wiped on instead of from the last downed one. *sigh*

So I do agree with the poster. The punishment for trying (for you) hard pve content in a progressive manner is also really harsh and not something the current system encourage due to repair costs and 'funny hikes' for hours.

On some bosses/flashpoints you do get back to the boss when you enter after a wipe though but this could really benifit from beeing streamlined across raids and flashpoints to be consistent and less tedious.

Here in lies the completey broken part of SWTOR's PVE which is the heart of the game. PVP gear is better then PVE gear that takes you a month to get a full set of Columi. you can do WZ's and have a full set of PVP gear in a week. Start your HM OP's. Personally the longevity of this game is sadly missing . unless you Reroll to another faction to expierence the other content. this game tanks hard in the end game, and personally i feel the PVP route to raid is an exploit, or at least it should be Champ gear should be no better then tionese. Very disapointed with BW's end game progression, i will resub when they fix it but currently its not very enjoyable.

He has a point about wipes costing way too many credits. I spent 23k on 3 or 4 deaths. Thats *********** ridiculous.

You make like 150 -200k doing your dailies though. If you dont want to put in the work doing the dailes, of course the repair bill are going to seem high.

He has a point about wipes costing way too many credits. I spent 23k on 3 or 4 deaths. Thats *********** ridiculous.

i concur - there seems to be too much durability damage in the hard mode flashpoints, i actually had to stop doing them for a while because i simply couldn't afford the repair bills

i swear, i was spending more on repair bills trying to earn some money on ilum than i was earning from the quests themselves.

something really feels "off" about the durability damage, i'm not dying to mobs as i have a healer companion and i'm tank specced, but the amount of damage my gear is taking instead is off the charts.

i'm not asking for a big nerf to repair prices, but maybe a bit of a nerf or a "numbers check" on the amount of durability damage some mobs are doing.