Kaggath Suggestions...

Beniboybling

...I've been getting several comments through the series demanding new Kaggath threads beyond the series and the upcoming tournament. Their demands have been so intimidating that I've made a suggestion thread in hope of placating their rage :D

Well actually I'm just not sure who else could be covered, so I'm interested to know if you thought I missed anyone in the series, or if there is a duel you'd like to see in the future.

Just remember:

• It must be a debate that everyone can get involved in - so nothing too obscure.

• The combatants must have a comprehensive and definitive power base - not concerning size but concerning information, are their enough facts to get a good idea of what their power base is comprised of?

Suggest away!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so no King Adas?

My suggestions are:

Freedon Nadd

Empire of the Hand (though you will be hard pressed to find someone to match this)

Iaco Stark

Jabba the Hutt/Hutt Cartel

Revan's Sith Empire

I'll probably think of more, but those are off the top of my head.

Edit: And for a battle akin to Sidious vs. The Emperor I would like to suggest Galactic Alliance vs. Galactic Republic (No Jedi for either side)

Edited by Aurbere

hmmmmm...

*rubs chin in thought*

Here's what I got:

- General Obi-wan Kenobi and his clones (his army was bigger then just the 212th battalion wasn't it?)

- General Rahm Kota

- General Garza from SWTOR? Or perhaps one of the lesser Generals?

- Darth Angral

- Darth Jadus (doesn't he have a splinter group? I haven't played that story)

- The Rebel Alliance..... duh.. (lead by Admrial Ackbar perhaps?)

- Death Watch lead by Pre Vizla?

I feel like a lot of those guys would be worthy of a Kaggath.

NOTE: I think you could bring back old combatants, be it ones who won or lost. I see no reason why we can't resurrect a few of them. Then there's the possibility of a Kaggath tournement (which would be EPIC)

Edited by MasterMe

hmmmmm...

*rubs chin in thought*

Here's what I got:

- General Obi-wan Kenobi and his clones (his army was bigger then just the 212th battalion wasn't it?)

- General Rahm Kota

- General Garza from SWTOR? Or perhaps one of the lesser Generals?

- Darth Angral

- Darth Jadus (doesn't he have a splinter group? I haven't played that story)

- The Rebel Alliance..... duh.. (lead by Admrial Ackbar perhaps?)

- Death Watch lead by Pre Vizla?

I feel like a lot of those guys would be worthy of a Kaggath.

NOTE: I think you could bring back old combatants, be it ones who won or lost. I see no reason why we can't resurrect a few of them. Then there's the possibility of a Kaggath tournement (which would be EPIC)

Those are some good choices. And yes, General Kenobi gathered a massive invasion force for the Battle of Utapau so it would be best to have Obi-Wan's Utapau strike force for such a Kaggath.

On the topic of the upcoming tournament, I can't wait to see who Traya goes up against. Plagueis, perhaps? Or Malgus?

Hondo Onaka from TCW? He has a pretty sizable collection of pirates.

EDIT: the list goes on. There's so many people out there......

Shame on you Beni for not being able to think of some more!! jk lol :D

Edited by MasterMe

Interesting suggestions... how about the Nightsisters? I wanted them to feature in my Kaggath Series but they were hindered by their lack of space capabilities...

Nightsisters would be interesting. Maybe put the Baran Do Sages in there as well. Though I would be biased for the Baran Do Sages (Plo Koon being a member and all that).

In a match-up between the Baran Do Sages and the Nightsisters, the battle would take place on Dathomir because the Nightsisters lack the capability for space travel whereas the Baran Do can take passage from the spaceports on Dorin.

However, it would be best to leave Force cults out of this as the exact numbers of each cult is unknown. (Plus the Baran Do would destroy all :D)

Thought: concerning the Galactic Republic, in your opinion which era would you claim to be superior - the Great War era on the Clone Wars era? (or even the Mandalorian Wars era - or others you can think of)

Militarily? Clone Wars era. Due to the Kuat Drive Yards, the Republic can pump out ships very quickly. That and they have the Clone Troopers.

And the greatest leaders? (minus Jedi)

Well you have Admiral Yularen. Other than him, I'm not so sure. The Jedi were the real leaders of the Clone Army throughout the war.

Though I do believe Jan Dodonna was a leader during the war.

Edit: Yes. Jan Dodonna was a commander during the Clone Wars and Stark Hyperspace War. He co-wrote a book on modern space combat. A Star Wars "Art of War" if you will.

Edited by Aurbere

Well you have Admiral Yularen. Other than him, I'm not so sure. The Jedi were the real leaders of the Clone Army throughout the war.

Though I do believe Jan Dodonna was a leader during the war.

Hmmm... if a battle involving the Republic ever comes about - I'll have to settle with the faction itself rather than a particular leader

EDIT: Or perhaps Master Yoda would be allowed to participate...

Edited by Beniboybling

Hmmm... if a battle involving the Republic ever comes about - I'll have to settle with the faction itself rather than a particular leader

EDIT: Or perhaps Master Yoda would be allowed to participate...

Putting in Master Yoda would be a boon to the Republic. He is a great tactician, rallying icon, and master of Battle Meditation.

And I agree with Wolf's request. The Taung versus the newer Mando's would be good.

Interesting suggestions... how about the Nightsisters? I wanted them to feature in my Kaggath Series but they were hindered by their lack of space capabilities...

Excellent idea! I'm not sure how to tackle that space issue though.

NOTE: they did nearly hold out against an full attack from Grievous.

I'm gonna take a shot at paring up some of our ideas:

Obi-wan Kenobi vs Darth Angral

- Obi-wan gets the 212th Attach Battalion, the 7th Sky Corps, and the 2nd Airborne Company

- Angral gets his Lords (like Sadic, Praven, and Nefarid), Power Guards, and all that other crap

EDIT - would it be against the rules to have the guys like Sadic and Praven in there?

Infinite Empire vs Rebel Alliance

- the RA beat one Empre. Can they repeat this with the Infinite Empire?

- who'd be commanding the Infinite Empire??

Pre Vizla vs Davik Kang

- I just think this'd be an interesting fight.

Just a few ideas. Thoughts?

Edited by MasterMe

Well, I'd like to throw the Sith Inquisitor and the Jedi Consular in there. Both have their own (rather different) armies and supporters.

Also, Queen Talia of Onderon and Queen Amidala of Naboo might be interesting.

Other combatants:

-The Infernal One/Sao, with his powerbase from the Operation (Maybe we could put him against Kephess and his army from the Operation)

-Lord Hoth and his Army of Light

-The Voss

-Empress Teta and her Armies and Fleets

-Cole Centarus leading CorSec

-Mentor + Directive 7 droids

-The Exile with all her Forces from the Battle against Nihilus (Telos Security, Republic Fleet, Companions, Mandalorian strike force)

Also, as comic relief: Sandpeople vs. Jawas (with droids)

I also got the idea to simply use several Flashpoints (for example, Darth Ikorel and his forces, Prophet of Vodal and his forces, Hammer Station etc.). But maybe I should start my own flashpoint vs. flashpoint series for this instead.

Well, I'd like to throw the Sith Inquisitor and the Jedi Consular in there. Both have their own (rather different) armies and supporters.

Also, Queen Talia of Onderon and Queen Amidala of Naboo might be interesting.

Other combatants:

-The Infernal One/Sao, with his powerbase from the Operation (Maybe we could put him against Kephess and his army from the Operation)

-Lord Hoth and his Army of Light

-The Voss

-Empress Teta and her Armies and Fleets

-Cole Centarus leading CorSec

-Mentor + Directive 7 droids

-The Exile with all her Forces from the Battle against Nihilus (Telos Security, Republic Fleet, Companions, Mandalorian strike force)

Also, as comic relief: Sandpeople vs. Jawas (with droids)

I also got the idea to simply use several Flashpoints (for example, Darth Ikorel and his forces, Prophet of Vodal and his forces, Hammer Station etc.). But maybe I should start my own flashpoint vs. flashpoint series for this instead.

Those are some great ideas. A flashpoint vs flashpoint series would be neat.