Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

List Classes in usual Highest DPS by class as of Aug 29, 2015

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
List Classes in usual Highest DPS by class as of Aug 29, 2015

Letsjet
08.29.2015 , 06:35 PM | #1
Please List Classes in usual Highest DPS by class as of Aug 29, 2015

etc
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Gardimuer
08.29.2015 , 09:59 PM | #2
Highest DPS on what? 1 mil dummy parsing? Specific boss fights?

You'll get a different answer for each.

Qwurdilu
09.07.2015 , 10:26 AM | #3
1. Powertech
2. powertech
3. powertech
4. powertech
5. another powertech

on a more serious note:

http://parsely.io/

KeyboardNinja
09.07.2015 , 11:34 AM | #4
I'll list in expected raid DPS order across the tier (e.g. lightning sorcs > all on Underlurker, but they're weak on the rest of the tier), since dummy parses, while interesting, are ultimately useless. Doing this from memory, so maybe flipped one or two:
  1. Advanced Prototype (powertech)
  2. Innovative Ordinance (merc)
  3. Virulence (sniper)
  4. Pyro (powertech)
  5. Lightning (sorc)
  6. Marksmanship (sniper)
  7. Carnage (marauder)
  8. Concealment (operative)
  9. Lethality (operative)
  10. Vengeance (juggernaut)
  11. Annihilation (marauder)
  12. Fury (marauder)
  13. Deception (assassin)
  14. Arsenal (merc)
  15. Hatred (assassin)
  16. Engineering (sniper)
  17. Madness (sorc)
  18. Rage (juggernaut)

If you want to weight the results more heavily by the apex bosses (Revan and Cora), Lightning drops to maybe fourth from the bottom, while Carnage, Fury and Concealment move up quite a bit, Pyro and Virulence drop somewhat.

As a quick disclaimer on a couple of the placements that some people probably disagree with…

Marksmanship is in a much better place than most people think. I've seen parses from it that rival Virulence even on a dummy, and on a boss a well-played Marksmanship will be able to hold their own and at least remain within spitting distance. The armor debuff is really underrated in this tier, and since most groups are running their mercs in IO and might not have an AP powertech or Carnage marauder, it falls to the sniper to maintain the debuff. For reference, if your sniper is your only armor debuff, they would need to parse roughly 500 DPS better in Virulence than they do in Marksmanship in order to make it worthwhile to give up that debuff. No one has that kind of differential.

Lightning is similarly much better off than most people believe, though it suffers from death issues on Ruugar and absolute torment on third floor Revan (8 usable GCDs every 30 seconds; hurray!). In terms of DPS though, the numbers it can put up are surprisingly high for such a high burst, high AoE, high mobility ranged class.

Lethality is a similarly underrated discipline. Its DPS is too low right now to be really competitive with Concealment, but it does have its moments, and in the right hands it can be almost as viable as Concealment. Lethality will out-DPS almost every other spec on floor one Revan (Lightning takes the crown here), even if you only have one melee.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Lodinn
09.07.2015 , 01:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I'll list in expected raid DPS order across the tier (e.g. lightning sorcs > all on Underlurker, but they're weak on the rest of the tier), since dummy parses, while interesting, are ultimately useless. Doing this from memory, so maybe flipped one or two:
  3. Virulence (sniper)
  4. Pyro (powertech)
  5. Lightning (sorc)
  6. Marksmanship (sniper)
  7. Carnage (marauder)
  9. Lethality (operative)
  12. Fury (marauder)
  13. Deception (assassin)
  14. Arsenal (merc)
  15. Hatred (assassin)
  16. Engineering (sniper)
  17. Madness (sorc)
  18. Rage (juggernaut)
While in general i agree with rankings, it's hard to estimate it from some point on. It's obvious that AP and IO will hold a crown in general, but as you mentioned there are heavily underrated specs. Engi, for example, is really good but requires some adjustment in what group does, while Marksman is both flexible and decent, not to mention best AOE at the moment.

What is suspicious is that many dot melee specs are lower than I'd expect them to be, especially given i play Anni a lot and it seems clearly superior to Carnage in most fights thanks to dots, healing, uptime and, since 3.2.1, shorter rotation cycles. Quick look at Parsely confirmed that's not only me and even on fights with adds Anni is still very decent.
Lterri | Estiuette | Shulmanu |Tenebrosa | Fabantou |
Sneitha | Ton'itra | Lodinn | Flèchette | Tiponi |
Pls'taunt | Gjalla/This'is'madness | Guédé | Cornifer
TRE pugging all the way [IMP]

Lalainnia
09.07.2015 , 05:24 PM | #6
  3. Virulence (sniper)
  4. Pyro (powertech)
  5. Lightning (sorc)
  6. Marksmanship (sniper)
  7. Carnage (marauder)
  9. Lethality (operative)
  12. Fury (marauder)
  13. Deception (assassin)
  14. Arsenal (merc)
  15. Hatred (assassin)
  16. Engineering (sniper)
  17. Madness (sorc)
  18. Rage (juggernaut)

If you want to weight the results more heavily by the apex bosses (Revan and Cora), Lightning drops to maybe fourth from the bottom, while Carnage, Fury and Concealment move up quite a bit, Pyro and Virulence drop somewhat.

As a quick disclaimer on a couple of the placements that some people probably disagree with…

Marksmanship is in a much better place than most people think. I've seen parses from it that rival Virulence even on a dummy, and on a boss a well-played Marksmanship will be able to hold their own and at least remain within spitting distance. The armor debuff is really underrated in this tier, and since most groups are running their mercs in IO and might not have an AP powertech or Carnage marauder, it falls to the sniper to maintain the debuff. For reference, if your sniper is your only armor debuff, they would need to parse roughly 500 DPS better in Virulence than they do in Marksmanship in order to make it worthwhile to give up that debuff. No one has that kind of differential.

Lightning is similarly much better off than most people believe, though it suffers from death issues on Ruugar and absolute torment on third floor Revan (8 usable GCDs every 30 seconds; hurray!). In terms of DPS though, the numbers it can put up are surprisingly high for such a high burst, high AoE, high mobility ranged class.

Lethality is a similarly underrated discipline. Its DPS is too low right now to be really competitive with Concealment, but it does have its moments, and in the right hands it can be almost as viable as Concealment. Lethality will out-DPS almost every other spec on floor one Revan (Lightning takes the crown here), even if you only have one melee.
Question you know how Madness sorcs demolish I think its called puts a 5% damage buff to force attacks or something and then say a Anni maras Annihlate gives the 7% from elemental damage. Would having both of those debuffs up on a target mean more damage for Anni mara bleeds which are internal but are also considered force attacks, compared to not having the madness sorcs vulnerable debuff?

Also the talent that lets guardians and juggernauts sweep/thrust apply the sunder effect on all targets hit valuable?

Thank you
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

OMGITSJAD
09.08.2015 , 12:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Question you know how Madness sorcs demolish I think its called puts a 5% damage buff to force attacks or something and then say a Anni maras Annihlate gives the 7% from elemental damage. Would having both of those debuffs up on a target mean more damage for Anni mara bleeds which are internal but are also considered force attacks, compared to not having the madness sorcs vulnerable debuff?
Yes. Since each attack is simultaneously melee/ranged/force/tech and energy/kinetic/internal/elemental, they are buffed by both(not to mention Overwhelmed which increases AoE attack damage, for example, Suppressive Fire would do more damage with Marked, Armor Debuff, and Overwhelmed all on a target than if just Armor Debuff was on the target).
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Waferdanos
09.08.2015 , 01:10 AM | #8
(e.g. lightning sorcs > all on Underlurker,
In my experience, Powertechs breaking 5.5k dps on Underlurker easily.
With current Sorcs it's like 5k at best, we're doing quite good. But not the best, not at all.
If you want to weight the results more heavily by the apex bosses (Revan and Cora), Lightning drops to maybe fourth from the bottom.
What's your results on Revan?
I'm asking just because no one uploading logs from this boss, and among people i know, i'm the only one, who have done Revan with sorc, unfortunatly.
Well, i suppose, the same can be said for Madness, in certain scenarios (Torque, M&B) it can at least go toe to toe with top dps classess. But, when single target dps is concerned, Madness is bad choise, yeah.

TACeMossie
09.08.2015 , 02:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Waferdanos View Post
In my experience, Powertechs breaking 5.5k dps on Underlurker easily.
With current Sorcs it's like 5k at best, we're doing quite good. But not the best, not at all.
Depends on if you run 5 dps or 4. Running 5 DPS means the adds die too quick for an electro shield on each group of adds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Waferdanos View Post
What's your results on Revan?
I'm asking just because no one uploading logs from this boss, and among people i know, i'm the only one, who have done Revan with sorc, unfortunatly.
No one uploads for Revan HM because Parsely can't differentiate between SM and HM for some reason. As such, all the HM logs are hidden in the SM ones.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Waferdanos
09.08.2015 , 02:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
No one uploads for Revan HM because Parsely can't differentiate between SM and HM for some reason. As such, all the HM logs are hidden in the SM ones.
Thank you very much for information, didn't knew that.