Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

Ivanblood

This is the question. Is there any Jedi or Sith heaven ? Where the siths and jedis go after death. Well...We are alredy saw Jedi ghosts. "Luuuuke. Uuuuse the force. Ouuhhh":eek:

But from where the Jedi ghosts come from ?

Do the siths go to hell ? Or there´s some sort of Sith heaven too?

How would look like hell or sith/jedi heaven ?

Edited by Ivanblood

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't a heaven or hell for them, theres just the netherworld of the force. Well ok there is Choas which is reffered to as Hell in Corellian myth.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Netherworld_of_the_Force

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos

Jesus. It looks like hell to me. If this is the afterlife I would become sith and would search for inmortality by any means.

This is an extract:

"However, most Jedi including Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn, believed that people who died and were not able to become Force ghosts lost their consciousness and individual identities and "became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing. :(

And what means "became one with the Force." Being force ?

Will siths shoot me from their fingers !? :eek: And will jedis pass me through their bodies ?

If I kill myself being in the force do i com alive in the real world ?:)

Jesus. It looks like hell to me. If this is the afterlife I would become sith and would search for inmortality by any means.

This is an extract:

"However, most Jedi including Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn, believed that people who died and were not able to become Force ghosts lost their consciousness and individual identities and "became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing. :(

Will siths shoot me from their fingers !? :eek: And will jedis pass me through their bodies ?

It's based very much off of Southeast Asian idea of being "One with the World Essence" when you break the reincarnationary cycle. It's basically the same.

This is an extract:

If they lose their individual entities then they wouldn't be doing anything because they would cease to exist basically.

This is very similar to Hindu and Buddhist monism.

This is an extract:

they are not floating around, they are doing nothing, they do not exist, beings are born from the force and are returned to it when they expire

think of it like clouds, raindrops are formed as precipitation, they fall to earth, and are then evaporated eventually back into the air to form new raindrops later

that's sort of how the force works, you come from it, and return to it when you die, if you are strong enough then you can keep yourself as a manifestation of the force after your death, thus is how force ghosts are formed

they are not floating around, they are doing nothing, they do not exist, beings are born from the force and are returned to it when they expire

think of it like clouds, raindrops are formed as precipitation, they fall to earth, and are then evaporated eventually back into the air to form new raindrops later

that's sort of how the force works, you come from it, and return to it when you die, if you are strong enough then you can keep yourself as a manifestation of the force after your death, thus is how force ghosts are formed

Still sounds awful. It´s like there is no afterlife at all. If you are not powerful enough, this it, game over for you.

And ones who managed to keep theirselves as a manifestation of the force, what are they doing ? Play cards ?

It's based very much off of Southeast Asian idea of being "One with the World Essence" when you break the reincarnationary cycle. It's basically the same.

I think Star Wars needs to incorporate some other religions for variety.

Still sounds awful. It´s like there is no afterlife at all. If you are not powerful enough, this it, game over for you.

And ones who managed to keep theirselves as a manifestation of the force, what are they doing ? Play cards ?

From what i've seen, Force Ghosts tend to help those they once knew. Qui-Gon appeared to Obi-wan on Mortis, to warn him about Anakin's temporary insanity there. Obi-wan, in turn, appeared before Luke to help him through the trauma of learning of his heritage, and also to aid him in destroying the first Death Star. And, during the Jedi Knight story arc,

Master Orgus Din appears before you during the chapter 1-2 interlude to tell you about the jedi crash. Still on that dang quest :/

So you see, they are not without things to do. They simply don't use their free time for recreational purposes. If they were Jedi council members, no change in their routine.

From what i've seen, Force Ghosts tend to help those they once knew. Qui-Gon appeared to Obi-wan on Mortis, to warn him about Anakin's temporary insanity there. Obi-wan, in turn, appeared before Luke to help him through the trauma of learning of his heritage, and also to aid him in destroying the first Death Star. And, during the Jedi Knight story arc,

Master Orgus Din appears before you during the chapter 1-2 interlude to tell you about the jedi crash. Still on that dang quest :/

So you see, they are not without things to do. They simply don't use their free time for recreational purposes. If they were Jedi council members, no change in their routine.

Still unfair. If you are not powerful enough, you will die for good. Now I understand Anakin who was seduced to dark path by the possibility of eternal life and using his power for keeping his loved people alive too (The third episode).

Does siths can become Force Ghosts too ?

I just remembered that SWTOR they do. If you played a sith...

you will meet a ghost of your ancestor.

PS. I am not a SW expert. I may be mistaken.

Edited by Ivanblood

Does siths can become Force Ghosts too ?

I just remembered that SWTOR they do. If you played a sith...

you will meet a ghost of your ancestor.

PS. I am not a SW expert. I may be mistaken.

Jedi become Ghosts by dying, going to the "Netherworld", becoming one with the force (by unknown means of Lightside power) and then they can return as Ghosts (assumingly they can back and forth at will?).

Sith become Ghosts by refusing to go to "Choas" in the first place (by unknown means of Darkside power) and often attaching themselves to specific places or items (like Ajunta Pall and his sword). - Most powerful Sith Lords seem to do this (there were at least 5 in the Dark Temple, 3 still "asleep" 2 "awake"), and these Sith Ghost seem to be able to bring weaker beings back as Ghost's too (hence the state of the Dark temple). Once a Sith dies and goes to "Choas" only another can bring him/her back, they cannot escape alone. However the force Ghosts of Sith can be redeemed and go to the "Netherworld" rather than "Choas" (like Revan and Ajunta Pall, if you play it that way).

Edited by AngelousWang

When the Force Ghost finish to help those they once knew, if they helped already to everyone, what happens then? They float in the force invisible in lingerie shops for all eternity ?

And if they have too many people to help, do they have some schedule ?

Edited by Ivanblood

When the Force Ghost finish to help those they once knew, if they helped already to everyone, what happens then? They float in the force invisible in lingerie shops for all eternity ?

And if they have too many people to help, do they have some schedule ?

I'm guessing that they float in peace since being in a peaceful state of mind is part of being a jedi.

Sith become Ghosts by refusing to go to "Choas" in the first place (by unknown means of Darkside power) and often attaching themselves to specific places or items (like Ajunta Pall and his sword).

I believe the technique is transfer essence

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Essence_transfer

Edited by DarkCelestial

Because of Troy Denning, we sadly now have an afterlife for Force users where people like Denning's main victim Jacen Solo are tortured for at least a century or real time or forever and those with lesser "sins" are left to contemplate their deeds

After a hundred years or so, those who are Light enough "move on" and either are assimilated by the Force, ending their personal existence, or move to yet another, unseen level of existence. But Jacen, apparently, is left for "eternal damnation".

This afterlife is seen as the living by a kind of lake, where the dead are under the surface, separated from each other.

There was another version of the Netherworld in early comics, a place of heavy fog, where the dead could interact with each other. In one comic, the spirit of Yoda is briefly seen meeting two young dead Force using siblings, intending to teach them, even when they are all dead.

I think Star Wars needs to incorporate some other religions for variety.

Sadly Troy Denning did just that in his Fate of the Jedi fiasco and gave us a Force user Purgatory. (Force Hell or Chaos existed already, and Denning combined it with his Purgatory.)

Greetings everyone!

We want to thank you for an interesting thread topic! We do know that given the nature of the discussion, it can be easy to start discussion of real-life religion. Given the volatile nature of such discussions, they are not allowed on the forums. We ask that you please use only references to the Star Wars Universe when continuing your discussion.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to the discussion! :)

"became one with the Force."

Pretty much means the same as our real-world - where dead living things 'become one with the world'. All your constituent bits are reduced to their most basic form of matter and will be reused by the world. Your carbon might engage in the global carbon cycle, your fat molecules will be used by other living things and your calcium might end up in the shells of snails.

So no, not just floating there or depressed because those are concepts only relevant to living things - if you don't have active nerve cells and a working brain then you can't be depressed :)

And yes, it means Sith might shoot atoms that used to be 'you' out of their fingertips and molecules/atoms that used to be 'you' might pass through the body of a jedi. But then in our real world the things that currently make up 'you' also used to belong to other things - every atom that you call 'you' came from somewhere else originally (and will move on somewhere else even before you die).

Edited by shama