L26 Guardian, killed by Valis every time. Please help!

AaronOleksa

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just can't seem to get past Valis. I even started planet-hopping trying to beef up my character's level, weapons, and armor. I finished every mission on Tython and Taris, and almost every mission on Coruscant. Plus, I'm wearing more armor than my ship, and my lightsaber is pretty potent too. But still, I get killed every time I face Valis; sometimes in mere seconds! I've got to be doing something wrong. A boss shouldn't be THIS hard to beat. Can anyone help me?

According to what I've read regarding the fight today at work (and I'm right there with you, I lost to him twice last night, but I'm 22), you have to make use of your Interrupts . . .Force Kick is your friend.

I'm going to get some practice with it on a few Nar Shadaa mobs tonight, as once you can time your Interrupts and interfere with his "big bad" attack counter, he should go down.

That seems to be the general takeaway from what I've seen on the forums and in the comments regarding the fight on torhead.

There are pages of threads on this subject which all agree on one thing - if you do not interrupt Valis when you see his cast bar moving you will lose.

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=1797333

Soem people recommend using adrenals and stims before the fight, letting Kira get some hits in then taking aggro off her before she dies, tanking with your back to the crate so you can't be pushed.

Bottom line, you need to practice using interrupts or a lot of bosses will kill you.

You can't just treat them as a DPS race.

I had tons of trouble with Valis until I got some practice with my interrupts. You have to keep your eyes on him and hope that you're not stuck in some long animation when he starts to cast. He can take you down fast if you don't interrupt those attacks of his. I use T7 for the fight: better armor and the little guy's ranged, but even he will go down quickly if you're not careful.