Assassin today?

Lokyhj

Hello! Haven't played in a while and came back to alot of CC so i bought some cosmetics.

How is assassin today? What spec is best?

Right now i am leveling a Sith assassin with my friend which is a sorcerer. And it seems like we are going to level alot, so i need to know what to spec.

Great to be back in the community! Thanks

Edited by Lokyhj

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercs, jugs, sniper rule the roost still .....even after being told countless times what would happen when they did "X" or that by doing "Y it equates to jack$&%^. The failure comes from a complete and utter understanding of the trinity system on the dev's part which is pretty simple TANKS|HEALS|DPS. YOu will notice there is no hybrid tank/pseudo dps for the explicit reason it breaks trinity 99% time if not balanced right. If your going to implement a hybrid then said classes DPS should be neutered about half that of pure DPS specs. The players know this thus the reason you have no less than 3 mercs and 3 jugs a match with usually 2 snipers the rest filler and a sorc heals.

That being said deception with high end gear will put out decent DPS but the caveat is you will die alot. Looking to solo Jugs and mercs good luck yes it possible problem is you have to "NOT ATTACK" while certain abilities are up or to avoid healing them but mean while they can attack you at will. By staying out of melee range you can avoid some of there attacks but they have far more range attacks than we do. The same goes for merc to the dev team has no brains on this one they have everything PLUS and extra kitchen sink you'll dish out enough DPS to kill them at least twice over but thanks to our inept dev team your usually dead around this time too. while they usually have one more life to go! The good news is there are a plethora of players now playing bad mercs simply cause they know it's an I win class and they haven't quite figured out how to do a rotation which leads to some really sweet kills were you will revel in the win.

Hatred spec is the dot spec can be competitive though your still squishy as all hell. Don't play this much I like the one one of deception instead of EZ "I target mob" launch AOE's and ooooo look i did awesome DPS by running around map dot -n- peeps. IF your into that then this might be for you they do become annoying just like PT and there "i'll set you on fire DOTs"

Tank spec haven't played this much though I have seen ALOT of peeps trying to run DPS mods and enhancements in what seems like an all out effort to avoid dying as EZ as Deception does. Problem is most of these peeps don't even throw out a guard or use their taunts and end up with a laughable DPS and zero protection stats and when called on it you get the "i'll play how I want to play" response which I always respond with well ok if you always want to be at bottom of DPS AND have NO PROTECTION when that is what your class spec does it's gonna look rather silly when you get a deception throwing out more protection than you do and if that's me that's really bad cause i'm always forgetting to pop'em.

God forbid the dev team ever gets it act together though cause if they ever nerf these I win classes there will be a mass exodus because all the merc's, Jugs and snipers lost there "I win button" . They should really change their name to Destruction team

I don't mind loosing on the merits but all to often its these classes insane abilities to eek by. Which makes it all the harder to bring in new people to pvp. I mean when a tank does more DPS than deception that's just wrong. To be fair though the tank was in top end gear going up against a newbie but what do you think it did to his moral dev's? Like I said earlier no brains.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

@kazz

You might be right about sins, but ffs stop spreading misinformation on juggie dps. Its a squishy as crap spec because, as i have explained too many times to count, it lacks an anti-focus tool. A mercs reflect + heal is vastly superior to a juggies in what it reflects, and it also prevents damage. To accomplish not nearly as good a reflect + heal as merc requirea two buttons, melee attacks hit through it, and the heal is not timed but capped on stacks, making it infinitely easier to work around or burn through. And additionally, guardians are easier to kite than mercs or snipers because we are melee. If you're solo, just kite, cc, or mezz when FD appears on the buff tray. If there are 2 or more just burn through it and watch him melt.

Its snipers mercs and maras that rule the roost

Edited by KendraP

@kazz

You might be right about sins, but ffs stop spreading misinformation on juggie dps. Its a squishy as crap spec because, as i have explained too many times to count, it lacks an anti-focus tool. A mercs reflect + heal is vastly superior to a juggies in what it reflects, and it also prevents damage. To accomplish not nearly as good a reflect + heal as merc requirea two buttons, melee attacks hit through it, and the heal is not timed but capped on stacks, making it infinitely easier to work around or burn through. And additionally, guardians are easier to kite than mercs or snipers because we are melee. If you're solo, just kite, cc, or mezz when FD appears on the buff tray. If there are 2 or more just burn through it and watch him melt.

Its snipers mercs and maras that rule the roost

I do believe that's what I said earlier kite and avoid melee, don't attack when stuff is up i've done it and it takes a long time compared to other classes and while they don't rise quite to the level of merc's and snipers it still op you get at least 1 maybe 1.5 extra lives vs the 3 that mercs and snipers get. For the DPS you put out its to much. Take mercs and snipers out of the que and jugs DPS if they know how to run the class are always top dog. Best Damage reduct in game and Don't even get me started on the whole tossing us across the map either that should be nerfed and turned into a stun like our knock down was!

I do believe that's what I said earlier kite and avoid melee, don't attack when stuff is up i've done it and it takes a long time compared to other classes and while they don't rise quite to the level of merc's and snipers it still op you get at least 1 maybe 1.5 extra lives vs the 3 that mercs and snipers get. For the DPS you put out its to much. Take mercs and snipers out of the que and jugs DPS if they know how to run the class are always top dog. Best Damage reduct in game and Don't even get me started on the whole tossing us across the map either that should be nerfed and turned into a stun like our knock down was!

Im not going to debate sin vs jugg with you. I think all dps specs of tank capable classes need looking at (pt being rhe worst of the lot survivability wise). But your estimation of juggie survivability under focus is astonishingly higher than it really is. The people i have seen who claim it is high that i know personally fall into one of a few categories: players who can't deal damage themselves, bitter PT players, or players who lack the basic strategy of dealing with other classes.

Do note: i think that dps survivability in general could use reducing in pvp. Unfortunetly what i think and what the devs think are obviously two astonishingly different concepts.

Im not going to debate sin vs jugg with you. I think all dps specs of tank capable classes need looking at (pt being rhe worst of the lot survivability wise). But your estimation of juggie survivability under focus is astonishingly higher than it really is. The people i have seen who claim it is high that i know personally fall into one of a few categories: players who can't deal damage themselves, bitter PT players, or players who lack the basic strategy of dealing with other classes.

Do note: i think that dps survivability in general could use reducing in pvp. Unfortunetly what i think and what the devs think are obviously two astonishingly different concepts.

Well I guess one needs to understand what you mean by "under focus" are you talking one on one or multiple attackers and whether you think jugs put out more DPS than sins do. While I am not elite I am competitive usually top DPS for sins in most matches save for good Hatred specs. It is my opinion Jugs survival in correlation to their DPS is higher than an assassins. While it's possible to win against a jug its a hvy weight vs a lightweight fight you make one mistake or don't have certain utilities the outcome is usually in jugs favor!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Well I guess one needs to understand what your mean by "under focus" are you talking one on one or multiple attackers?

Multiple attackers, one on one is not something i particularly do that often personally as guardians are also a rather terrible node guard.

Vigi for example functions as an aoe pressure spec. It has probably the easiest dot spread in the game, and unlike a annhi mara can do enough burst to pressure a single target. The spec is crippled however, because this tactic inevitably draws attention that it is incapable of handling. FD is great against a single opponent who doesnt know how to work around it (or against multiple very bad players). Against multiple good to average players it doesnt delay the inevitable by so much as 1 second. Vigi by nature forces you to be constantly taking damage and attracting attention, then gives you no means kf dealing with that attention (reflect is supposed to serve that purpose, but because of the limited damage types it reflects, it fails). Sents, shadows, and opers have a fake or real or actual stealth outs. Note the two melee classes that do not are guardians and PTs, both of whom have self heals (if pt kolto even counts XD ).

Focus is different, and i play it less because frankly I'd just as soon go play my concentration sent that accomplishes the same goal better. Focus, like concentration, is a single target burst spec. Concentration is far better equipped to handle this task because of its greater mobility and immunities.

Multiple attackers, one on one is not something i particularly do that often personally as guardians are also a rather terrible node guard.

Vigi for example functions as an aoe pressure spec. It has probably the easiest dot spread in the game, and unlike a annhi mara can do enough burst to pressure a single target. The spec is crippled however, because this tactic inevitably draws attention that it is incapable of handling. FD is great against a single opponent who doesnt know how to work around it (or against multiple very bad players). Against multiple good to average players it doesnt delay the inevitable by so much as 1 second. Vigi by nature forces you to be constantly taking damage and attracting attention, then gives you no means kf dealing with that attention (reflect is supposed to serve that purpose, but because of the limited damage types it reflects, it fails). Sents, shadows, and opers have a fake or real or actual stealth outs. Note the two melee classes that do not are guardians and PTs, both of whom have self heals (if pt kolto even counts XD ).

Focus is different, and i play it less because frankly I'd just as soon go play my concentration sent that accomplishes the same goal better. Focus, like concentration, is a single target burst spec. Concentration is far better equipped to handle this task because of its greater mobility and immunities.

The cloak ability is really dependent on taking shroud of madness which prevents dots from popping one out of stealth and emersion is vital or your just a sitting duck with all of the roots and slows. This also means one has to forgo instant cast of whirlwind giving jug advantage with stuns. (yeah i know force choke has a 1.45 channel / whirlwinds' is two seconds advantage jug). If your a sin that doesn't have the above mentioned abilities a 1 vs 1 jug fight is hard as hell to pull off. (doable but hard as hell)

Unlike the Assassins reflect, which visual cue (if taken) is plainly evident for all to see, jugs in contrast is a small red sparkly ability that lasts like a half a second... blink and you missed it giving jug yet another advantage. Kiting also isn't that easy either as you have like four or five abilities that grant immunity to movement impairing effects one that even increase your dmg output by 10%. Factor in ED and the inherent lag on the sever the delay for player to recognizes it's been popped you've usually had at least 2 or more abilities land bestowing a least a 15k heal. If you got payback you could get another 15k heal.

Assassins get one heal off overload saber for what amounts to 20K most of the time coupled with a player crafted stim that's 68-76K compare that to jugs abilities and a stim which is 78k to 86k advantage Jug. Now assassin can go renewing darkness but then by doing so they pretty much need to take certain utilities in order to make class as efficient as possible and you do end up sacrificing utilities that would improve overall DPS. Plus play style is more of hit and run and hide which is viable though less fun IMHO.

1v1 fights frankly i couldnt care less about. Its like rock paper scissors. Snipers are arguably op/fotm right now but a good mara will rip a good sniper to pieces.

Utilties are always a thing for every class. If you pick ones that are bad, thats on you. My tank for instance must choose betweem lower guardian leap cd and the saber throw root/awe cd reduction (and the longer reflect technically but i consider this mandatory). Ideally i would like all 3 of these on my tank, but since they are all in the last tier it is impossible and thus, i must choose 2. Fyi its also utilities that give most immunities to movement impairing effects, excepting vigi's leap "immunity".

I think our disagreement comes down to 1v1 vs team play. I couldnt give much less of a crap about 1v1 play. The only time thats relevant for me is if I'm node guarding and if its a shadow, hes not going to try a straight 1v1, hes going to try to sap cap.

At worst, juggies and shadows are equal in team play. They each have their uses. My argument is that a guardians role as either an aoe pressure spec or as a single target burst spec js better done by classes that are more survivable or can survive the inevitable focus of the enemy team better. I had an arena last night with my friends - a oper healer, my vigi guardian, a concentration sent, and a deception sin. Both rounds i was focused first. Both rounds we won because they grouped up in my dot spread and let our healer free cast. But im their defense, it would have worked on a lesser vigi guardian.

If you really hate immunities that bad, you must really hate concenteation sents. Or is it just you are unable to accept rhat DR based DCDs are in fact better than the self heals of non-healing capable classes?

And yes, an ASSASSIN has a hit and run playstyle. If you don't like that maybe its not the class for you.

Edited by KendraP

1v1 fights frankly i couldnt care less about. Its like rock paper scissors. Snipers are arguably op/fotm right now but a good mara will rip a good sniper to pieces.

Utilties are always a thing for every class. If you pick ones that are bad, thats on you. My tank for instance must choose betweem lower guardian leap cd and the saber throw root/awe cd reduction (and the longer reflect technically but i consider this mandatory). Ideally i would like all 3 of these on my tank, but since they are all in the last tier it is impossible and thus, i must choose 2. Fyi its also utilities that give most immunities to movement impairing effects, excepting vigi's leap "immunity".

I think our disagreement comes down to 1v1 vs team play. I couldnt give much less of a crap about 1v1 play. The only time thats relevant for me is if I'm node guarding and if its a shadow, hes not going to try a straight 1v1, hes going to try to sap cap.

At worst, juggies and shadows are equal in team play. They each have their uses. My argument is that a guardians role as either an aoe pressure spec or as a single target burst spec js better done by classes that are more survivable or can survive the inevitable focus of the enemy team better. I had an arena last night with my friends - a oper healer, my vigi guardian, a concentration sent, and a deception sin. Both rounds i was focused first. Both rounds we won because they grouped up in my dot spread and let our healer free cast. But im their defense, it would have worked on a lesser vigi guardian.

If you really hate immunities that bad, you must really hate concenteation sents. Or is it just you are unable to accept rhat DR based DCDs are in fact better than the self heals of non-healing capable classes?

And yes, an ASSASSIN has a hit and run playstyle. If you don't like that maybe its not the class for you.

Actually I embrace my glass cannon-ness as Deception I do as much damage as possible to target, I'd rather use the cloak to reset recklessness for added damage than cloak out and run away to heal. I'm ok with being a glass cannon what annoy's me is the fact that Mercs', snipers and jug should be too, so either DCD's need to be reduced or DPS reduced no DPS class should have "EXTRA LIVES" OR give SIns back the DPS they were doing at least then we were competitive.

but I digress, you are correct in we disagree vs 1 on 1 vs team because this is the inherent problem! You and the devs refuse to see the impact that a 1 vs 1 encounter has. You completely ignore it and write it off as oh it's a team match. If it ain't balanced 1 vs 1 how in the hell is it balanced when you have 3 jugs in a match? This is the reason that Merc's, Snipers, and yes jugs are all the dominant classes. Take a 4 vs 4 arena match 4 jugs vs 4 assassins the match is by default in jugs favor, yes four sins could focus 1 jug however, in the time it would take to kill him 1.5 sins are already dead from being focused by the jugs the reason being is the sin's have to "stop attacking" to avoid taking there own dmg reflected or to avoid healing the jug.

Don't even go there with cloak cause you dang well know the four jugs would leap and pop area stun once the sins focus'd one jug any sin breaking that would then be stunned from 2nd third or 4th jugs AOE stun. Keep in mind I am not talking tank spec and am talking DPS which are suppose to be glass cannon's that's the whole concept of the trinity system TANK HEAL DPS. Your DCD's allow you at least 1.5 lives and people playing the class keep saying you need anti focus well you have it far more than sins do. When was the last time you were force to actually stopped attacking a sin? Now I don't mind having reflects in game but there need's to be a counter and cloak isn't one if you can pop someone out of it! Plus the visual cues for said reflecting abilities need to to be perceived, prominent and profound!

I mean you seem to think that cloak is the end all panacea to being focused if a sin cloaks hit mad dash wam bam Bobs' your uncle and the sin is popped 99% of the time, if sin vs sin hit lacerate bam popped. Hell if a sin doesn't take shroud of madness drop ANY AOE & bam popped add a taunt on the off chance you got unlucky and they escape with that 1% and you don't pop him, he can't use mind trap & can't heal cause "STILL IN COMBAT" thanks to the taunt.

Look, it might be different if sins had an actual heal or at very least our reflect was like yours because then you would be forced to "Not" attack us but as it stands now 50% reflect most sins don't even take i! Plain simple fact a jug can burn through us even with the reflect popped! Hit temp health if they really needed to and leap to next target leaving the sins corpse on the ground.

So yes 1 vs 1 matters because as long as you have " I WIN CLASSES" you upset the balance and impose a barrier that NON "I WIN CLASSES" have to over come which increases with every said class added to that team. This is the reason why only certain classes are desired in ranked and others are frowned upon and discouraged. It is also the reason most typical pvp matches consist of no less than 3 mercs, 3 jugs and at least one sniper.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

This is why i did not want to get into this debate with you. I made it about 3/4 of the way through this grammatical nightmare before giving up.

Sins are a hit and run class, as the least mobile melee class guardians are not. If you choose to use your class abilities in an attempt to number farm damage rather than utility, thats on you not the class. You choose when to use something for offensive or defensive purposes. I would hesistate to say that using your stealth out as an antifocus tool would make you fsr less susceptible to being focused. I do this with reflect: do i use it for max damage reflected or save it for when i might need it as a DCD?

Give me an antifocus or mara DCDs and FD can go away. In the meantime, i must function by sitting in everything other classes can avoid.

My real point in coming here was not, in fact, to claim shadows are good or in an incredible place; rather, it is to inform your potential readers that guardians are not even remotely in the same galaxy as merc DCDs, and that the real best melee dps class currently is a concentration sent.

We are never going to agree, and you going off on grammatically atrocious walls of text does not encourage me to continue debating issues. Any 4v4 of entirely one class vs another is to me just a stupid pointless debate. Also, a couple weeks ago, i got into a 4 man of 3 sents (mine and 2 others) and a shadow vs 2 mercs, a guardian, and a sniper.

According to you we shouldn't have had a chance. We won handily. Skill >> class. Oh and by the way, the guardian got focused first. In less than 30 seconds he was dead, bursting through 12 full stacks of FD.

Edited by KendraP

Well grammar Mr. Nazi you forgot the camma after Oh in:

According to you we shouldn't have had a chance. We won handily. Skill >> class. Oh and by the way, the guardian got focused first. In less than 30 seconds he was dead, bursting through 12 full stacks of FD

you misspelled thats, hesitate , anti-focus, far in:

Sins are a hit and run class, as the least mobile melee class guardians are not. If you choose to use your class abilities in an attempt to number farm damage rather than utility, thats on you not the class. You choose when to use something for offensive or defensive purposes. I would hesistate to say that using your stealth out as an antifocus tool would make you fsr less susceptible to being focused. I do this with reflect: do i use it for max damage reflected or save it for when i might need it as a DCD?

Pardon my wall of text, I, my defense I was at work and I did write it on a break on a cell phone no less. To be honest you saying sins is hit and run is your opinion when your cloak is easily broken cloaking out and running become ineffectual at hitting and running because you just end up dead.

I assumed you have the intelligence to understand I was talking about all things being equal i.e. best o the best in skill level not random matches with peeps with no clue on how to play the class your scenario is apples to oranges.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I used my cell phone too. At least i do know how to enter paragraphs on my phone, which assists in readability compared to giant walls of text.

In other words, my slight grammar errors do nothing to affect your ability to read or understand my argument. Your consistently terrible grammar, coupled with an inability to create paragraphs, and repeated over-emotionality makes your argument far less intelligible.

Fyi this is from my phone too, want a screenshot?

And on the skill v skill thing - thats where the rock paper scissors analogy came in. There are some classes that are innately better at some things than others. Thats the nature of the beast, really. There are plenty of ways FD can be made useless too, the easiest of which is to simply burst through it. Again, with sins and guardians its just a different class. My protest is to the insinuation that our DCDs are as good as mercs, which frankly is almost dumber than the guys claiming real tanks do too much dps or that guard on dps specs is op.

Edited by KendraP

I used my cell phone too. At least i do know how to enter paragraphs on my phone, which assists in readability compared to giant walls of text.

In other words, my slight grammar errors do nothing to affect your ability to read or understand my argument. Your consistently terrible grammar, coupled with an inability to create paragraphs, and repeated over-emotionality makes your argument far less intelligible.

Fyi this is from my phone too, want a screenshot?

And on the skill v skill thing - thats where the rock paper scissors analogy came in. There are some classes that are innately better at some things than others. Thats the nature of the beast, really.

Hmm you seem to be the emotional one who can't spell. I have limited time and thus can't go through it all didn't think it would be THAT big a deal I guess I was wrong most peeps just suck it up. Guess your lazy and bad speller. You had bad grammar and bad spelling mine was just paragraph spacing

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Hmm you seem to be the emotional one who can't spell. I have limited time and thus can't go through it all didn't think it would be THAT big a deal I guess I was wrong most peeps just suck it up. Guess your lazy.

I have limited time too, it still doesn't affect my ability to push a button twice to skip a line.

I'm stubborn. If someone is proliferating misinformation, I'm going to say something.

Edited by KendraP

What misinformation?

My my we have come full circle. As i have said three times now

My real point in coming here was not, in fact, to claim shadows are good or in an incredible place; rather, it is to inform your potential readers that guardians are not even remotely in the same galaxy as merc DCDs, and that the real best melee dps class currently is a concentration sent.

Edited by KendraP

In that we agree but, they still break trinity whether you want to admit it or not. Not to the same level as merc or sniper however they break trinity none the less!

If we agree you need to define what you mean. Mercs have excellent damage reduction or avoidance DCDs in addition to range and superior kiting tools to guardians, not to mention that as a healing capable class they have "spammable" heals.

Snipers work by keeping you away from them (engineering's fire puddle is the bane of my existence), and also have good DCDs but there are no snipers topping a healing chart or eating damage - if i can stay on one, i can kill it, but it has far more ways to get away from me than i have to get back to him.

Guardians have FD. It doesnt reflect all non-aoe damage like a mercs does (our reflect doesn't do that either). We do not get other DCDs like a sentinel does explicitly because we get FD. Frankly, I would rather have more DR based DCDs or an anti-focus and less reliance on FD healing because FD is absurdly easy to burst through by two or more players (and again, i don't bother with 1v1).

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim. Concentration sentinels for instance are probably in a far better spot than vigi and definately focus guardians, and i have seen complaints about them too.

Edited by KendraP

If we agree you need to define what you mean. Mercs have excellent damage reduction or avoidance DCDs in addition to range and superior kiting tools to guardians, not to mention that as a healing capable class they have "spammable" heals.

Snipers work by keeping you away from them (engineering's fire puddle is the bane of my existence), and also have good DCDs but there are no snipers topping a healing chart or eating damage - if i can stay on one, i can kill it, but it has far more ways to get away from me than i have to get back to him.

Guardians have FD. It doesnt reflect all non-aoe damage like a mercs does (our reflect doesn't do that either). We do not get other DCDs like a sentinel does explicitly because we get FD. Frankly, I would rather have more DR based DCDs or an anti-focus and less reliance on FD healing because FD is absurdly easy to burst through by two or more players (and again, i don't bother with 1v1).

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim.

i said so when i wrote this:

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

i said so when i wrote this:

Then we still substively disagree.

1v1 if your opponent doesn't know what the buff looks like or if you time it well (i.e. dots ) FD is a second life. Multiple opponents, however I've used FD and not even noticed it because i was killed so fast.

I think negating .mercs and snipers, concentration sentinels would be the new kings.

Also, don't shadows get an aoe knockback or did they make that sage only too (ala phasewalk)?

Edited by KendraP

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim. Concentration sentinels for instance are probably in a far better spot than vigi and definately focus guardians, and i have seen complaints about them too.

You and the devs refuse to see the impact that a 1 vs 1 encounter has. You completely ignore it and write it off as oh it's a team match. If it ain't balanced 1 vs 1 how in the hell is it balanced when you have 3 jugs in a match?

So yes 1 vs 1 matters because as long as you have " I WIN CLASSES" you upset the balance and impose a barrier that NON "I WIN CLASSES" have to over come which increases with every said class added to that team. This is the reason why only certain classes are desired in ranked and others are frowned upon and discouraged. It is also the reason most typical pvp matches consist of no less than 3 mercs, 3 jugs and at least one sniper. It is also why you get lumped with the rest !

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

You and the devs refuse to see the impact that a 1 vs 1 encounter has. You completely ignore it and write it off as oh it's a team match. If it ain't balanced 1 vs 1 how in the hell is it balanced when you have 3 jugs in a match?

because different classes are good at different things

As a vigi guardian all i bring to the table is high aoe damage and taunts. I have no other team utility. If i went focus, I'd have low mobility burst on a melee class.

As a shadow you have among the best team utility, I'd say the better stealth was a good operative, personally. But stealth, utilized well, is far more crucial to a team than aoe damage (at least outside of arenas).

I was in a hypergates with 3 juggies, we lost to a numerically inferior team with an operative. He stealthed our guard in the last 20s of the crucial round. That is the power of a stealth class in team play.

Then we still substively disagree.

1v1 if your opponent doesn't know what the buff looks like or if you time it well (i.e. dots ) FD is a second life. Multiple opponents, however I've used FD and not even noticed it because i was killed so fast.

I think negating .mercs and snipers, concentration sentinels would be the new kings.

Also, don't shadows get an aoe knockback or did they make that sage only too (ala phasewalk)?

one would argue that your not suppose to survive multiple opponents! Two jugs vs one sin is a death sentence because of Enraged Defense and reflect even when the other jug is a noob as a sin you have to stop attacking at least twice while still being attacked.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

because different classes are good at different things

As a vigi guardian all i bring to the table is high aoe damage and taunts. I have no other team utility. If i went focus, I'd have low mobility burst on a melee class.

As a shadow you have among the best team utility, I'd say the better stealth was a good operative, personally. But stealth, utilized well, is far more crucial to a team than aoe damage (at least outside of arenas).

I was in a hypergates with 3 juggies, we lost to a numerically inferior team with an operative. He stealthed our guard in the last 20s of the crucial round. That is the power of a stealth class in team play.

Stun lock? Really it should happen to you once and then you should learn to camp away from the node and have INC pre-typed! That is just neophyte vs veteran. Against someone who knows how to play he can't cap a node that way because by the time he makes it back to the node the stun is almost over plus you can't be stunned cause your white barred and you can leap, saber throw whatever before he caps! So now your power of stealth is rendered moot. The only exception to that is multiple stealth's which is easily countered by two guards.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin