PvP Training Dummies - Who designed these?

Highcommander

I have one major complaint about PvP: there is no effective way to test builds. With PvE I can simply parse my combat logs after fighting the training dummies and know exactly how changes I am making affect my damage. Well just in-case you missed it, the PvP dummies do not take into account expertise, and more importantly PvP Trauma. How to fix this?

1. Upon entering combat with the dummy a player should gain a "trauma buff."

2. The dummy should have the equivalent of War Hero/Elite War Hero expertise.

3. Attacks on the dummy should take into account the expertise of the attacker (all other stats being equal, my attacks with 1300 expertise should do more damage than without).

For now, I have to resort to dueling friends and parsing that data, which is a HUGE pain.

Can we get a confirmation that this is at the very least being LOOKED INTO for a coming publish???

I have an idea, just pretend the dummy has 1300 expertise exactly and so do you.....then its negligible and should amount to the same damage. :rolleyes:

If I am reading your above post correctly I do not think you understand how expertise works, and why it is needed on the operation dummy. For example:

Let us say I have all gear equal but I want to test two different headgears:

http://www.torhead.com/item/eRtBAhJ/dread-guard-force-masters-headgear

Dread Guard Force-Master's Headgear

488 Armor (Rating 150)

+125 Endurance

+144 Willpower

+57 Critical Rating

+60 Surge Rating

VS

http://www.torhead.com/item/5RgXyC9/champion-war-hero-force-masters-headgear

Champion War Hero Force-Master's Headgear

501 Armor (Rating 154)

+112 Endurance

+104 Willpower

+110 Expertise Rating

+58 Critical Rating

+56 Alacrity Rating

On a PVE dummy I could see the actual differences of swapping the two. However because expertise is not accounted for, I have no way of knowing how much better or worse swapping a part or two of my PvP gear for PvE set items. I can't "ignore" expertise rating as it accounts for 110 of a stat on pvp gear!

Please fix this!