Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PKness
06.18.2012 , 05:31 AM | #4641
some pals & I on Space Slug are still waiting on word of our transfers & the destination. which we've thought if it doesn't go to a heavy population just unsubbing til we can pick our destination, we were ASSIGNED to Space Slug, pre-launch guild & early access. now it we're going to get assigned again... /sigh.

love the game, big star wars fan, just not rly impressed with Bioware's expediency on core game issues atm.

Hektorion
06.18.2012 , 05:34 AM | #4642
I don't see the need to throw everyone at one server. They could have condensed the servers down to 2 or 3 main Pve and 2 to3 Pvp and still have populated servers. A fair few of the servers were either light to medium on the Pve side. With a couple medium to heavy, did we need the servers at full to give us more population, I don't think we did, a few servers at Medium to heavy would have sufficed. That would also have allowed for people coming to or back to the game with 1.3 and future expansions. If we start having 30 mins to an hour queues again, like at launch, I can see people leaving as well.

kmufc
06.18.2012 , 05:34 AM | #4643
So whats ppl's opinions today on the transfers, do we think they will make a lot of servers available, or do we think there will be a small number added?

Not even sure how many servers are left tbh, i have 1 toon left on Frostclaw which i would like moving
Referral Link to get a free 7 day sub and some other goodies !
http://www.swtor.com/r/G6fzsm

azertine
06.18.2012 , 05:37 AM | #4644
Quote: Originally Posted by kmufc View Post
So whats ppl's opinions today on the transfers, do we think they will make a lot of servers available, or do we think there will be a small number added?

Not even sure how many servers are left tbh, i have 1 toon left on Frostclaw which i would like moving
20% of the servers are left to transfer which is a decent amount still hopefully doesn't go on to 2 days

Kyle_Lin
06.18.2012 , 05:44 AM | #4645
I don't understand why almost everyone is complaining.

Sheesh give BW some time. SWTOR is just a half year old game. Adjusting needs careful data analysation planning and programming also takes time.

Glower
06.18.2012 , 05:46 AM | #4646
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyle_Lin View Post

Sheesh give BW some time. SWTOR is just a half year old game. Adjusting needs careful data analysation planning and programming also takes time.
If you really do not understand, read last 20-30 pages...

Sparklehorse
06.18.2012 , 05:48 AM | #4647
Quote: Originally Posted by PKness View Post
some pals & I on Space Slug are still waiting on word of our transfers & the destination. which we've thought if it doesn't go to a heavy population just unsubbing til we can pick our destination, we were ASSIGNED to Space Slug, pre-launch guild & early access. now it we're going to get assigned again... /sigh.

love the game, big star wars fan, just not rly impressed with Bioware's expediency on core game issues atm.
Space Slug ftw!
Stop exploding you cowards!

Turbolento
06.18.2012 , 05:56 AM | #4648
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyle_Lin View Post

OMG are you really serious? Careful data analysation, planning and programming are a lot of useful stuff that you must do BEFORE starting the process, it's completely non sense if you do it after 80% of servers have been moved.

Without talking about the derespectful BW's behaviour for the customers in the way they are managing the communication in the last few days...

RangerRobEU
06.18.2012 , 05:58 AM | #4649
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
If you really do not understand, read last 20-30 pages...
Of which only a few people posting actually make any sense. This thread is kind of like playing a random WZ where you have 1-2 sensible people calling objectives and correctly analyzing what needs to be done with a few others listening whilst the rest simply vent their frustration or spout abuse at those trying to lead.

Tiek
06.18.2012 , 06:13 AM | #4650
Quote: Originally Posted by PKness View Post

i would be one of those pals!