Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Allegiance Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Force Allegiance Question

rreevvannttann
03.20.2017 , 05:43 PM | #1
Hi, I've only ever played on the empire side, and i really like being an evil character. but i have decided to make a jedi character and wanted to know how dark side choices would affect him, if they do. I prefer to know before i make him so i know if i should or not. Thanks!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
If you feel like it, click my referral link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/fsstvj

JLazarillo
03.20.2017 , 07:32 PM | #2
Well, the way the system currently works, you get far more points for simply completing missions and other activities than you do from your actual choices, so bear in mind that it doesn't matter very much. And, for that matter, for various reasons, picking all one side or the other doesn't really create a consistent characterization. So don't think, especially in this post-5.0 galaxy that you have to play just one side or the other. As for how the character are generally portrayed when DS:

*A DS Knight is an arrogant thug. S/he talks down to everyone s/he meets, and makes it clear that since s/he's the most important person in the galaxy, s/he has the right to kill anyone who even looks funny.

*A DS Consular is sort of weird in Chapter I, coming off as cowardly and a bit subversive. It's clear the story wasn't really written with that in mind, though. In the later chapters, it works a little better though and s/he's more of a ruthless strategist.

*A DS Trooper is, similar to a late-Consular, extremely ruthless. S/he generally will go to whatever length is necessary to make missions a success, but will actually subvert them in order to kill a target (even if it has nothing to do with the mission), and is also quite mercenary and will happily get the most out of any offers to be corrupt.

*A DS Smuggler probably works best just because s/he's got no allegiance to the Republic anyway. S/he is purely mercenary, happy to screw people over or even kill them for money or over even a slight insult.

rreevvannttann
03.20.2017 , 08:39 PM | #3
Ok, Thank you for the help. i have a better idea of how i am gonna plan my characters out.
If you feel like it, click my referral link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/fsstvj

SteveTheCynic
03.21.2017 , 03:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
And, for that matter, for various reasons, picking all one side or the other doesn't really create a consistent characterization.
It's a little outside the topic, but this isn't globally true. A pure-dark Inquisitor is consistent. Consistently a crazed bloodthirsty maniac type of psycho, that is. But it is consistent.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.