Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I am really annoyed with this change - I chose this set for the way it looked on my character - I hate the new changes - its as generic as the rest of the crappy choice of light armors that exist in game - plus you didn't even do a good job of it - my backside now clips the back of the robe!

Please change it back to the way it was!!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you could preview the item, you could see what it looked like on your character prior to purchasing. People were obviously buying the original prepatch look. Even if it isn't as intended, it is what the people were buying and wanted. It is a nice look with the original mistake. Yeah, I noticed the differences from the picture in the cartel market. The preceptor robe got fixed too. I am glad I never got it because now it is another robe with silly shoulder pads and a hood up again. Why does Bioware keep coming up with more stuff that people don't want. It's now been a year and still no hood down option. There are species and helms that make the hood go away, so it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make happen.

I dont care how it looks like on a male, on a female there was FINALLY a white catsuit option, so I started buying packs until I got it (hint, it was a lot more than a Wendy's chicken sammich). Now its gone, just give me my money back and it's fine, change it or refund it, either way.

Yeah, lots of risk inherent in the plan of buying a lot of packs in search of one item.

That's the way the system is set up to work, if they want people to buy into it, which they do, then they need to honor it.

I'll agree to the extent that they should not release things that are broken, but there is no excuse for not fixing things that do get released broken.

I'll agree to the extent that they should not release things that are broken, but there is no excuse for not fixing things that do get released broken.

They obviously have both set of graphics available, and considering the items were things people paid real life cash for, I dont understand why it needs to be changed either way, both are in game ALREADY, give us a choice and let that be the end of it.

Yeah, lots of risk inherent in the plan of buying a lot of packs in search of one item.

That is how the Cartel packs are set up and designed to operate though. I bought the Spymaster chest piece off the GTN for it's previous look, and ONLY for it's previous look. It matched up well with the preceptors skirt on my female character and actually looked good. Now... it looks horrid and makes my character look bloated and ugly. It's not what I purchased.

I also purchased over $100.00 worth of Cartel Coins this month alone and spent them on packs, armor (love the sith suit) etc, to acquire specific 'looks' (by mixing/matching armor sets) for my characters. Now one of them looks so ugly I don't even want to play her and another is... barely passable and not what she once looked like.

So yeah. not particularly happy with this change myself. I'd prefer a one time option to switch back to the previous 'look' for my armor. It would be the best way for BW to do it. Making everyone happy.

If they change it back, I'm never spending another dime on the Cartel Market. I just bought several of the sets thanks to the new looks and will be very mad if they go back to the painted look.

good. never spend again. you're being overly melodramatic and i've no doubt you will... but they are reverting it. but as long as you feel better about yourself by throwing yourself on the floor and pounding your fists declaring "NEVER AGAIN! QQ" hey, feel better!

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

They obviously have both set of graphics available, and considering the items were things people paid real life cash for, I dont understand why it needs to be changed either way, both are in game ALREADY, give us a choice and let that be the end of it.

As long as they don't remove the correct, fixed, working as intended versions we now have.

good. never spend again. you're being overly melodramatic and i've no doubt you will... but they are reverting it. but as long as you feel better about yourself by throwing yourself on the floor and pounding your fists declaring "NEVER AGAIN! QQ" hey, feel better!

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

LOL!! Are you KIDDING me?!? This entire board is being melodramatic over these fixes! You guys are acting like it's the end of the (gaming) world because your females have less curves now!! Your post is absolutely priceless. Personally, I just love that they actually fixed the sets like they said they would in the beginning.

Also, Joveth posted again in the thread where he said they are reverting them. You might want to go check that post out. ;)

Also...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

Again, they knew right away that the outfits were bugged and have always said they'd be fixed.

Edited by Galbatorrix

As long as they don't remove the correct, fixed, working as intended versions we now have.

To me the "correct" version is the one I saw in the previewer before buying it off of GTN and what's reflected in the item's icon. Both versions of the sets should be obtainable but currently only the new seems to exist since they obviously dumped the new models on top of the old items.

Please tell me where this announcement was made weeks ago - and it has to be a place where EVERYONE would see it, similarly to how they announced the speeder piloting blurb was incorrect and did not apply to an entire account. If it was NOT made in such a manner, and was only on the forum or dev tracker, then it is NOT an announcement that the majority of users will see. Less than 10% of any games population is likely to visit a forum EVER, so to only make announcements there, about items that cost real money, would be foolish, at best.

So no, we did not ALL know. Those who troll the forums were more likely to know, but even some of those didn't know as they liked the armor how it looked and did not seek out any threads pertaining to that armor.

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

That post was made on December 12 / 2012 -- almost a month ago. The dev tracker is easily accessible so there really isn't an excuse for ignorance.

Players were warned. They didn't heed it.

What I will give you, tho, is I would like to see some sort of compensation for purchases made before the post went up. But that's as far as I'll go.

Since both parties (the ones who wanted the old armor and the ones who wanted the advertised armor) are right, BioWare really need to come up with a solution that makes everyone happy. (Personally I don't have a stake in this conflict, since I haven't purchased either armor set.)

If they were to finally implement the "Hood Toggle" feature that people have been asking for, I'm betting it could also be used to switch between two different appearances for armor such as this. The barebones version and the one with extra meshes. Plus, it would be cool if it could be used to switch between full-cover and midriff-baring versions of some armor pieces.

Well, that's what I think, anyway. Not a quick fix, but ot would make a lot of customers happier in the long run.

Edited by JediMB

Lol, if you want to wear gigantic pwetty pwetty pwincess shoulder pads, be my guest. I just want my catsuit, or my money.

I'm not judging your desire to wear a "catsuit" and it would be civil of you to return the favor.

I agree, it was never advertised as far as I have seen. It seems as though some extra pieces were taken off existing models and slapped onto the jacket. An extra collar that doesn't look like it belongs, the texture doesn't even match, and a shoulder guard just thrown on there. Bioware, please start looking into your design team. People will soon get bored of the same models with color changes.

Where were you guys when we were discussing how the items looked wrong before the patch?

I just hope this doesn't mean they will remove the fixed gear, can't stand the bodypaint look

The post apparently wasn't a prevalent as everyone seems to think. I don't get to check the forums very often, maybe once or twice a week if I am lucky. What free time I have to play on the computer is actually spent in game. I don't have a ton of free time. I NEVER saw a post discussing this problem or saw anything from Bioware about it being changed prior to today. I was linked to that post earlier today. Going by the date it was made, I was still screwed, because I had already bought the cartel packs (with real money) and obtained and bound my full spymaster set before that announcement.

If they had intended to make this change it needed to be shown somewhere that players can actually see it. Forums are NOT reliable for getting a lot of information out to majority of players, as it has been shown many times that for many games, it is only between 10-15% of the player population that actually visits forums regularly. This is why you normally see the important stuff like maintenance and patch notes on the launcher and not forums only.

Edited by AmyBA

This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

UPDATED Thanks Devs! This and Spymaster are being reverted. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

yay!

to all you people who chose to take this thread and make it personal by being self-righteous and insulting... :D - neener neener neener

I hate you. For the SOLE FACTOR THE PHANTOM SET IS A ROBE.

Where were you guys when we were discussing how the items looked wrong before the patch?

I just hope this doesn't mean they will remove the fixed gear, can't stand the bodypaint look

I would never in a million years think they would so drastically change the look of items that folks purchased with real money. It's one thing when the item doesn't match the preview screen .... but not matching an advertisement? What? You don't fix that problem by having the armor no longer match the in-game preview window! Give either a refund or the "fixed" version to anyone who complains. I mean .. it's not like the new version is going to be valuable or anything. The market is about to be flooded with people who can't stand the godawful shoulder pad look.

Edited by Powerrmongerr

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

That post was made on December 12 / 2012 -- almost a month ago. The dev tracker is easily accessible so there really isn't an excuse for ignorance.

Players were warned. They didn't heed it.

What I will give you, tho, is I would like to see some sort of compensation for purchases made before the post went up. But that's as far as I'll go.

I'm sorry, but I don't spend my days reading every little bit of information on the forums. I actually spend my days working, and my leisure time playing the game. I purchased certain outfits based on their look IN GAME at the time of purchase. I spent real money for those specific looks. Not for the current ugly crap they have on after this change.

I am rarely on the forums. The vast majority of players are rarely (if ever) on the forums.

What I really don't get though is BW's insistence on producing some of the most god awful ugly armor in the MMO world. They had made some good looking armor, and then ruin it by making horrid changes that make your characters look like they have a third **** growing out of their chests or are trying to sprout wings off their shoulders and fly away. Seriously... beyond ugly and frankly whoever designed those looks, needs to be fired because they couldn't design a good looking piece of armor if their life depended on it, w/o messing it up.

I've seen some fugly armor in games, don't get me wrong, but I have NEVER sen a game that is so consistent with the fugly armor as I have with this game. It makes it very difficult to mix/match to get gear that LOOKS good and when you do they turn around and fugly it up on you again.