Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

AlkarMBar
09.09.2019 , 11:59 AM | #161
It seems that healing companions are going to get nerfed in the expansion.

phalczen
10.27.2019 , 10:20 AM | #162
I haven't seen it documented anyplace else, so I thought I'd share it here:

Jakkaro's favorite companion gift is a Trophy.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Tater-Dave
06.02.2020 , 12:33 PM | #163
has this been updated for 6.0 at all yet - it says its being worked on but i bought the level 50 token and im trying to make a decision for 3 characters
Valldus - GM Stay Hard
Imps - Vahld, Val'ice, Vallana, Vesstra
Pubs- Valediction, Gunzz, Areyn, Zerrid

phalczen
06.03.2020 , 02:56 PM | #164
I didn't want to clutter up General Discussion over this, but I did happen to try to use the Taskmaster set 4 piece during my run yesterday.

I had a level 75 Jedi Shadow Inilftration discipline. 2 piece Death Knell and 4 pc Taskmaster and one Amp Champ. all 306 rating mods. Nothing really augmented. Character iRating 306. A few pieces did have presence amplifiers. Grade 11 biochem Proficient stim. All the class buffs.
Companion was an influence rank 50 Nico Okarr. I used the presence drink from Onderon to boost my presence stats.

I ran the [HEROIC 2+]/Veteran mode Star Fortress over Hoth. I was level locked down to 70.

The 4 pc says "significantly increases attack speed of companion." I had Nico in heal mode, toggled off his channeled progressive scan and stun, so that he would do more dps.

I really didn't notice any difference at all between wearing that set in that encounter and when Nico is healing me normally on, say, Onderon dailies.

Anyone else have experience using this set?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

sebakonkol
06.26.2020 , 03:58 AM | #165
Its hard to believe HK-51 is that bad as DPS comp, Hunter Killer abillity seems really OP

And what about H2-WF (from Natherma Conspiracy)?
Is it any good?

KevMeup
07.29.2020 , 10:52 PM | #166
phalczen, The taskmaster set adds 3k alacrity to the companion. This took Shae from 11.2k dps to 12.3k dps in a parse. It's should also help with heals a little.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 10k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

KevMeup
07.31.2020 , 11:07 PM | #167
I've added parse details for DPS companions in 6.1.2d.

Jevnaker
08.01.2020 , 04:49 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
I've added parse details for DPS companions in 6.1.2d.
Hello what is the current status of d-r3d and the gamorrean guard. In terms of their usefulness for dps or tank or heal or wha not. also i don't have him but what is the status for the rodian have you tested that guy?
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

KevMeup
08.01.2020 , 05:19 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Jevnaker View Post
Hello what is the current status of d-r3d and the gamorrean guard. In terms of their usefulness for dps or tank or heal or wha not. also i don't have him but what is the status for the rodian have you tested that guy?
Dred is good as a healer or tank, his dps is just flightly bugged compared to other 2 weapon comps because his AOE only hits once. I have not tested the others yet. I'm not aware of any special skills that would give them an advantage over something like a Gault (Level 50, Gault (Sniper Rifle) 8350 - 6.1.2d). I'll do some gambling though and see if I can get one to test.

Jevnaker
08.01.2020 , 08:22 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Dred is good as a healer or tank, his dps is just flightly bugged compared to other 2 weapon comps because his AOE only hits once. I have not tested the others yet. I'm not aware of any special skills that would give them an advantage over something like a Gault (Level 50, Gault (Sniper Rifle) 8350 - 6.1.2d). I'll do some gambling though and see if I can get one to test.
Ok thanks good luck with the gambling all those emperor tokens we randomly get all over the place that most of the time rewards 50 kingpin ones should make it easier than last year. Also if you could maybe add the locations for the various cantina presence increasing drinks and which location had which level requirement drink. That would be great addition to that part of it.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW