Thats it, i give up.I cannot gear up in this gear grind from hell !!!

Lord_Karsk

When i got my Guardian to 50 i first wanted to be DPS, but after igeared up i changed my mind and

wanted to be a PvP tank Guardian.But i cannot trade in vindicator BM gear for Warhero War leader gear.

Bioware want me to grind all the Battlemaster gear twice so i can turn in war leader BM gear for wh war leader gear.

Worst gear grind ever in a western MMO i'm sure...Sry but no to hell with this !!! your gear progression stinks !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Lord_Karsk

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlemaster isn't that long of a grind. Its pretty nasty coming from recruit gear, but even so its fairly quick. I would recommend continuing to pvp dps spec in your current BM set until you can replace it with a BM tanking set, which you can easily do within a week.

Battlemaster isn't that long of a grind. Its pretty nasty coming from recruit gear, but even so its fairly quick. I would recommend continuing to pvp dps spec in your current BM set until you can replace it with a BM tanking set, which you can easily do within a week.

Chest alone 1500 coms, average of 70 coms per match. Sry no way.My Guardian is dead !

And i blame the developers for driving away the players with this nonsense.

Chest alone 1500 coms, average of 70 coms per match. Sry no way.My Guardian is dead !

You blame the developers because you do not want to put in the time for the best PVP gear?

Average of 70 comms per match. Interesting.... My conclusion is that you suck at getting medals in pvp :D

7 days of dailies +weekly=2000 WZ comms(assuming you convert)

and even at your average of 70 WZ comms per match you're looking at a minimum of 1470 additional comms. So assuming you play only 3 matches a day and win while somehow maintaining your abysmal comm rate gearing shouldn't really take you much time. 3 weeks max playing an average of less than an hour a day. This game actually has a pretty easy grind in both pve and pvp. PvP used to be a tough grind in this game but now its a walk in the park, besides war hero which merely takes a bit longer, and BM augmented is almost on par with WH augmented, so that won't matter until they introduce the next tier.

You know the best pvp'ers out there that have already finished WH are now going back and buying off spec or off class BM gear to trade in on that pieces WH equivalent to further buff their class.

You're going to see the best Guardian tanks buying Guardian dps gear to get a few damage bonuses to their tank set. So I'd just look at it like you got your dps stuff first. Now if you grab your tank set, you will already have some of the desired dps mods to drop into your tank gear to be the best.

You're really not that bad off. Consider if you were a Sentinel if you wanted the best setup after you completed your initial WH set, you would need to buy roughly 4 pairs of WH smuggler boots for the power/surge enhancements, and then 4 pieces of WH Guardian gear for the armor mods for the +5% dmg boost after force leap set bonus.

Now that I think about it, a full BM set is close to 12k commendations, that's around 100 games give or take. It's too much, I don't want PVP to become Grind2Win, that's even worse than Pay2Win

Average of 70 comms per match. Interesting.... My conclusion is that you suck at getting medals in pvp :D

7 days of dailies +weekly=2000 WZ comms(assuming you convert)

and even at your average of 70 WZ comms per match you're looking at a minimum of 1470 additional comms. So assuming you play only 3 matches a day and win while somehow maintaining your abysmal comm rate gearing shouldn't really take you much time. 3 weeks max playing an average of less than an hour a day. This game actually has a pretty easy grind in both pve and pvp. PvP used to be a tough grind in this game but now its a walk in the park, besides war hero which merely takes a bit longer, and BM augmented is almost on par with WH augmented, so that won't matter until they introduce the next tier.

This is just simply not true. How in the world would he only have to play 3 matches a day and win all of them for 3 weeks straight? Really? So he's supposed to go 63-0 in your imaginary universe where his faction never loses a single Warzone for 3 weeks? Yeah, right. A lot of factors dictate how much you win or lose Warzones. Time of the day, faction imbalance, etc. You can sometimes not win a single Warzone for the day, requiring you to play not an hour, but more like 2 hours which is quite draining if you need to do other things like run dailies or do FP's. Less than an hour a day is nothing more than hyperbole.

War Hero doesn't merely take a bit longer either. Rated Warzone coms require 3x as many regular Warzone coms to equal the same amount. Not to mention the gear costing upwards of 3400+ RWZ coms and it gets quite grindy. You're exaggerating greatly and only encompassing best case scenarios in your rationale.

Well yes, it goes pretty quickly. I am a complete PvP-noob. Just did my 7:th game total in my life today. Got a new pretty pair of bracers and well on my way to a pair of implants. Would be nice to contribute a bit more to my team, but it's just a matter of time. However, we talked about it on vent a little, the chestpiece takes a little while to get. But bracers, implants, all those 500~coms go quite fast.

When i got my Guardian to 50 i first wanted to be DPS, but after igeared up i changed my mind and

wanted to be a PvP tank Guardian.But i cannot trade in vindicator BM gear for Warhero War leader gear.

Bioware want me to grind all the Battlemaster gear twice so i can turn in war leader BM gear for wh war leader gear.

Worst gear grind ever in a western MMO i'm sure...Sry but no to hell with this !!! your gear progression stinks !!! :mad::mad::mad:

translation:

Bawwwwww i want best gear but i dont want to put in the effort bawww

This is just simply not true. How in the world would he only have to play 3 matches a day and win all of them for 3 weeks straight?
I didn't see any mention of him saying winning or losing them. At a rate of 70 comms per warzone, sounds like the OP loses every single match he plays. I could get just six medals and lose and still get 70ish. And it certainly isn't difficult to win only 9 matches in a week. If you play every day to do the daily, chances are you'll get at least 9 wins within a week's time.

This is just simply not true. How in the world would he only have to play 3 matches a day and win all of them for 3 weeks straight? Really? So he's supposed to go 63-0 in your imaginary universe where his faction never loses a single Warzone for 3 weeks? Yeah, right. A lot of factors dictate how much you win or lose Warzones. Time of the day, faction imbalance, etc. You can sometimes not win a single Warzone for the day, requiring you to play not an hour, but more like 2 hours which is quite draining if you need to do other things like run dailies or do FP's. Less than an hour a day is nothing more than hyperbole.

War Hero doesn't merely take a bit longer either. Rated Warzone coms require 3x as many regular Warzone coms to equal the same amount. Not to mention the gear costing upwards of 3400+ RWZ coms and it gets quite grindy. You're exaggerating greatly and only encompassing best case scenarios in your rationale.

The reason I assume that he wins every single match at a rate of 70 comms per match is because this minimizes the amount of commendations that he would get. If he averaged say 6 matches per day, his comm count jumps dramatically. 6*70*7=2940 commendations per week, +2000 from dailies sets him at 4940 warzone commendations per week. So in the opposite scenario where he goes 0-63(still averaging 70 comms per match) it takes him 2 weeks rather than 3 to get his battlemaster gear. This is at a maximum Warzoning time of 1 hour 30 minutes per day, and its probably closer to one hour per day since matches don't often last a full fifteen minutes. So a realistic estimate is one hour per day of Warzones for 2 weeks to get battlemaster gear. It doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

*EDIT

Actually this isn't a realistic estimate, since in a losing match people typically earn 80+comms. Winning matches average about 40 more than that. This guy at his exceptionally bad earning rate would take 2 weeks at 1 hour per day to get full battlemaster.

Edited by Vandicus

For a first character, I would have to say BM gear is not bad at all. However putting time into WH gear is rediculous, especially when it feels like a grind for 4 WZs of no consequence to other players or World/Universe (galaxy)... A person might as well play an alt.

And at any point with an update or expansion, BW can introduce a new grind of tier sets making the grind longer for even those who got WH gear.

So the grind to win design is for rewarding 1 character players in an endless cycle of grinds that gets reset. Its actually quite sadistic if you look at the games history of BM being the highest tier at one point and being very difficult to get, and then them just extending that with only one more WZ and expecting people to now get WH gear.

Except a lot of people did it. They spend how many hours doing the same WZs over and over again instead of playing an alt, or possibly some other form of entertainment which would not feel as grindy such as OPs.

SO the pvp grind also takes the player away from other aspects of the game pre-occupying them too much. It wears them out. They dont play alts. They probably dont run Operations. They probably dont bother with crafting, vanity pets etc etc. Unless these people are sharing the account, and putting too much time into the game... becuase the WH grind does take too much time, and I feel once a person has gotten the WH gear they will feel dissapointed that it is limited to 4 WZs and in a very static world with no open world pvp.

So imo, the WH grind is not justifiable to restrict players to put too much time into one class/character since there is not enough end game. That is mostly due to the fact that WH gear is much better than BM gear. If the difference was smaller, then the grind could be even longer/larger for all I care, but a person should want to get WH gear, and that is the problem- because its that uber.

Now, if that is bad with BW adding more sets of gear... adding more to the grind pointlessly, imagine trying to play more than one character competitively and actually contribute in pvp that is about fulfilling class roles which means a person needs good gear, and having to put the time for each character. So a person has to have at least BM gear for every character.

Which still takes a while, but its only BM gear which means a person time is not maxed out for WZs with the best gear but 2nd best gear which still leaves a person at a disadvantage - a big one.

So BW needs to take a long look at how they want to justify the grind for gear with 4 or even 5 WZs and expecting people to grind to win because they said so and at any point making a new set to grind for.

I personally hope they add alternatives such as large WZs that are more about using objectives to win rather than gear.

Or possibly an open world system of pvp that allows for large scale pvp and possibly allowing for rewards to come that way, and making it fun enough that people can do that repeatedly with the same amount of time as a WZ grind to get gear. Maybe include guild houses/castles and some sieging other than the traditional themepark gear grind.

Also the new WZ is even more dependent on good gear since it counts the number of kills towards a win.

Edited by VegaPhone

you're funny xD

wait, this is a joke right? this has gotta be the EASIEST gear grind in the history of MMOs

100 games? What the... whoa math is not your forte.

I was beign generous and assumed you would be earning 120 commendations every game, if that's the case, you need 100 games to get full BM.

Even if you throw a weekly and 7 dailies in there, its still more than 90 games that you have to play.

As I said, that's kind of Grind2Win if you ask me, and let's not even talk about War Hero gear.

Edited by ChazDoit