Orange Armstech

Undorett

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for my wife as she has the armormech. I would guess slicing will provide orange items for synthweaver too as I have gotten a few blue recipes via slicing for them as well.

I have seen some armstech blue recipes on the auction house, I would assume wherever they came from orange ones could be found there as well, but you know what assuming does. Hopefully someone reads this that has obtained one and can tell me where to find them.

edit:

You presently can't for anything endgame, other than the ones your trainer teaches you that require Biometric Crystal Alloys.

Jury's out on whether the earlier moddable schematics are actually in the game based on live release tests.

Edited by leihn

You get craftable oranges from Underworld Trading Missions. I think when you crit on companion item missions. It's not at all hard to get these and people sell the schems for them on my server all the time, although the opposing faction stuff is the most common (I guess some companions can use these?) The schematics are always blue btw. Check the armor and damage ratings (should be really low) to see which ones are orange.

I'd be surprised if you weren't just missing them on the GTN.

You get craftable oranges from Underworld Trading Missions. I think when you crit on companion item missions. It's not at all hard to get these and people sell the schems for them on my server all the time, although the opposing faction stuff is the most common (I guess some companions can use these?) The schematics are always blue btw. Check the armor and damage ratings (should be really low) to see which ones are orange.

I'd be surprised if you weren't just missing them on the GTN.

At this time there are NO Armstech orange schematics aside those you buy from the trainer at 400 that require Biometric Crystal Alloy.

What you are talking about are Armortech and Synthweaving schematics.

-a fellow Armstech

I think in the beta that Armstechs could RE purple items and learn orange schematics for those items, but it doesn't seem to have been carried over to the release. My memory's a little fuzzy since it was over a month ago, but I recall doing it twice during the beta. Which is a shame, because once you get orange weapons for you and your companions, all you ever make is barrels. Being able to go for orange recipes was a way to make the other weapon recipes valuable: see a weapon model you like, keep REing it until you can make an orange version of it.

Of course, the real problem with orange gear is that once you have enough crafters saturating the market with it, all the greens, blues, and purples become pretty much worthless except for mats....

HE6

Oh, so there are not any orange items available other than the ones you get from the vendor way late. That's a bummer...seems you can get much earlier orange recipes for the armor classes.

Yes, but it's far more important for the armour crafters - it's the primary way they make money.

because once you get orange weapons for you and your companions, all you ever make is barrels.

HE6

Funny. Barrels and Techblades for Qyzen seems to be all that I am selling in AH from my Armstech anyway, even with him only in the 200s on skill levels.

Edited by Darlgon