Help - Connectivity Issues

Seerjohn

I am experiencing extreme connection issues; Star Wars is the only game effected. I have tried WoW and it runs fine. When I start the launcher it will fail to connect most of the time reporting "Login Server Unavailable", "Error 208", "Patch Unavailable". If it does log on it will either connect or report a general error and not connect. If it connects and I log in I experience cycling lag from 4 bars to nearly disconnected. Over time it gets worse and eventually it will disconnect.

I have tried rebooting my router, my PC, disabling antivirus etc. No help. Any ideas?

I am experiencing extreme connection issues; Star Wars is the only game effected. I have tried WoW and it runs fine. When I start the launcher it will fail to connect most of the time reporting "Login Server Unavailable", "Error 208", "Patch Unavailable". If it does log on it will either connect or report a general error and not connect. If it connects and I log in I experience cycling lag from 4 bars to nearly disconnected. Over time it gets worse and eventually it will disconnect.

I have tried rebooting my router, my PC, disabling antivirus etc. No help. Any ideas?

Possibility: the route from your computer to the servers in Virginia (I'm assuming you're US NA servers on that).

Download PingPlotter from Pingplotter.com and see if you're getting some packet drops. I am near Tampa, FL, and for some ungodly reason I'm routed through Miami before heading toward Virginia toward the SWTOR servers, and this evening, for example, 100% packet loss. Game was totally unplayable for me. Only cure is off-hours or burn some money on a VPN to force the hops to a different set of internet backbone servers that the Level3 servers down in Miami. I have ProtonVPN but the free version is slow. If I ever get rich again I'll pay for the faster version and skip this unnecessary routing altogether.

Edit: The connection to cnn.com is lightning quick and doesn't go anywhere near Miami, maybe we can convince EA to have CNN host the servers.

Edited by xordevoreaux