"tank with a lil' help from my friends"

UncleOst

hey fellow juggers,

I captured some tanking shots this weekend[pvp warzones]. I usually run hybrids with dps gear, but essentially that set up would only provide great 1vs1 capabilities, and fell short. Now I either will run full shi-cho with dps gear, or I'll tank with soresu/shien hybrid and full tank gear. This vid shows[as a tank], how weak the dps is, but how great the survivability can be. Figured this thread needed something new anyways. Hope you like it.

http://www.gojira-music.com/

Well, you very first line in the video is the most accurate statement. "A tank needs a good team." This never, ever happens when pugging. Tanking gear in pugs is an exercise in table flipping. Anyway, my negative Nancy'ing aside, you got some nice skillz there. It's about what I would have expected from you. Would watch again. Et cetera.

I do have one observation though, you should change your CD's to timers in your preferences. It takes away the guesswork.

:( Can't see it.

This video contains content from SME and Sony ATV Publishing, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

If you're taking requests :p, I'd love to see some tank-healer combo footage. Nothing more satisfying than getting a good healer in a pug (or having one you run with in a guild). I know in most of the vids, people like to use hard, edgy or screamo background music, I'd prefer a softer touch. Kinda like

hehe. If I wasn't such a computer/movie making n00b, I'd put something together.

So, free bump anyway and check your vid in your second post

Edited by Ridickilis

:( Can't see it.

If you're taking requests :p, I'd love to see some tank-healer combo footage. Nothing more satisfying than getting a good healer in a pug (or having one you run with in a guild). I know in most of the vids, people like to use hard, edgy or screamo background music, I'd prefer a softer touch. Kinda like

hehe. If I wasn't such a computer/movie making n00b, I'd put something together.

So, free bump anyway and check your vid in your second post

Damnit

Freaking lambofgod..I used one of their songs[which i purchased on Itunes], ...and I see as well now that it's blocked in some countries.

Sorry mang.

It had a few views already but I just cancelled it, and I'll post another one, WITH a tank/healer designated combo flick. I'll start recording some action tomorrow night.

..on that note. I use bandi-cam to record gameplay. I think It cost like 30 or 40 bucks, but works pretty smooth. I asked around what to do for editing, and ya man, just download windows movie-maker. From what i hear there are a few other great video programs, but they cost a crap-load of cash.

Once you open bandi-cam, [instructions are very easy to use], you then load up swtor. When you want to start recording, press a button, then press it again to stop. From that point, you open moviemaker. with both the bandicam folder open and the movie maker page open, just drag the bandicam file over, and start experimenting.

My first vid was rough..lmao. My second was kool because I tried to link song and video dynamics a bit.. but ahwell.

I'll stop rambling.

...and I'll try to ease up on the progressive metal as well for the next one. No garauntees tho. lol

Thanks again man.

Alright. here's some more pvp jug tanking action.

I used a different approach with this one. I slowed the movement slightly, so you fellow jugs could see the combat a bit better. Each scene was against some serious competition...I mean great players. I think you'll enjoy watching how some of these guys move/how they attack..etc.

As I watched it back myself, I was like... "why didn't I intercede sooner", or " I should have taunted instead of attacked "...lol we're always our own worst critics. However, I hope you enjoy the little bit of action I've provided.

...and I apologize Ridick...

Gojira for life man.

http://www.gojira-music.com/

Bumpity. Nice vid, I see what you mean about using intercede sooner. Did you mean in the beginning when you and your healer were fighting at mid? Yeah, you seemed to get a bit too far away from him at one point when you leaped up on the ledge. Your healer also did a nice job when it was just the 2 of you against 4-5 of them at mid. Also LOLOLOL when you pushed a guy into the pylon. I bet you were thinking (oh ***, I didn't want to push him there) I've done that hehe. I like how you were fending off 5 at the endwith your message "don't get caught like this".

Didn't even mind the music I did turn in down though (not off but down) :p but the "not ready yet" I couldn't help but notice. Honest, you'll appreciate it, change your CD's to countdown timers in your preferences.

What are you running an 18/23 or so spec? I saw quite a few smashes, more than I would use, but I'm 28 in the veng tree myself so I'm more an impaler/ravager. I imagine you probably have both the accuracy and armor debuffs talented.

Edited by Ridickilis

test 123, test...Does this work? lol

lmao sorry I just returned from a surprize and quite unexpected week long"VACATION".

I wanted to post this awhile ago. It's my favorite tank vid I've made so far. I'll create another clip that shows more gear/spec related stuff.

Of course huttball is a tank jugs best friend, but this one went too damn smooth. More action on the way.

Also.. ridick.. when are we going to see you in action? I'm looking forward to it mang. Also, in regards to that on screen rubbish.. I have the scroll button on my belkin N52te programmed to do many thingsI think the stinkiest representation of that, is because I have force charge and viscious throw both set to forward scroll. I'd change it, but I've been using that action for charge in so many games now, It's too late. like second nature.

• 2 weeks later...