[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance

For the love of god don't run that spec until you get at least full war hero. Run full darkness or a darkness hybrid and you can thank me later.

Okay, was planning to that yes. Does it make any difference with gear; those two specs? (assuming 24/0/17 as the other one now). My question remains though: What augments do I get?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes. Thanks. Why did you choose for a force master focus and not the stalker focus btw?

had force-master (before I found out that black hole was even better) before EWH came out because it had better stats. No reason to grind out a completely different offhand since the armoring for it doesn't matter. It is just a shell-all that matters are the interchangeable components within-so it doesn't really matter.

with the patch notes for 2.0 out, i would have to say that wakajinn spec will be vastly superior to full deception due to VS redesign. I'll be sure to test out the dmg output to the new VS once it goes live. But id wager that wakajinn will come out on top for sure this time

what are your guys thoughts

Edited by DemonJin

with the patch notes for 2.0 out, i would have to say that wakajinn spec will be vastly superior to full deception due to VS redesign. I'll be sure to test out the dmg output to the new VS once it goes live. But id wager that wakajinn will come out on top for sure this time

From what I can tell you need VS to build up your charges quickly for discharge so we may be a little more dependent on it now.

From what I can tell you need VS to build up your charges quickly for discharge so we may be a little more dependent on it now.

eah, Wakajinn 2.0 is less bursty now, on a good note though, limited playing around with a 36/6/4 build seemed promising...31/1/9 base of course.

I've gotten like a million whispers in game about this kind of stuff...I don't know yet. My initial impression is that Deception-based specs received gigantic nerfs...Need to keep playing and thoerycrafting until I can say for sure but right now I'm pretty unhappy.

if u wanna whisper me on pts my name is: Wakalord

I haven't played on the PTS yet, but the assassin changes don't look too good compared to what I heard, especially compared to what the other classes got in terms of defensive CDs (also the TTK goes way up imo; higher expertise, changes in alacrity etc.). The phase walk thing is fun and nice, but I don't think it offers the utility needed to make DPS assassins viable. Also I'm hearing that they decreased crit a lot, making alacrity a must, means you really need to get CS to put out discharges fast enough.

Also, no more instant-force lift. With reduced crit if it's really true, the darkness-hybrid might be dead too. With the defensive stats finally working, guess what assassin's job will be from now on...

(longer and mroe detailed response. Really hope I'm wrong. Crit change is not right got wrong informations)

Edited by Okema

i dont feel the wakajinn spec will take much of a hit, maybe not even full deception, who knows. right now this is all theorycrafting till ppl like waka, arika and myself come back with some hard evidense. We will keep you updated. Edited by DemonJin

kinda thinking about this while i wait for pts to download, with the nerf to discharge, will going full deception be only way to keep the static charges coming in fast since now we depend on those to even use discharge, at least as regularly as we do now. By the time i have discharge back, i tend to have 4-5 stacks of static already waiting. So im thinking going wakajinn, discharge could take a hit depending on how fast or slow we get those static charges, both in dmg and how often we can use it Edited by DemonJin

what are your guys thoughts

With the port ability I'm thinking madness will see a decent improvement in survivability. It will play a lot like an unholy dk from wow with a warlock port.

day one analysis:

every assassin spec sans full darkness nerfed horribly

deception/any attempted version of wakajinn is nearly unplayable

full darkness most usable, only because it was changed the least.

wow surging discharge is useless lol let's compensate by also removing VS shock damage buff ya ok why not

sorcs and gunslingers are godlike op

Edited by EatenByDistance

day one analysis:

every assassin spec sans full darkness nerfed horribly

deception/any attempted version of wakajinn is nearly unplayable

full darkness most usable, only because it was changed the least.

wow surging discharge is useless lol let's compensate by also removing VS shock damage buff ya ok why not

sorcs and gunslingers are godlike op

Damn, just damn.

I was having actual fun with my Wakajinn spec regardless if I was winning or losing. I am sad to see that they nerfed the opening burst of this spec. The thing that I hated most about the Assassin was it seemed that every spec had all this damn set up, I was excited when Wakajinn was introduced because it aloud me to play my Sin "Setup" free. I hope there is a sexy hybrid that we will be able to find at 55, a diamond in the rough if you will. I am downloading ptr now so if I see something hopeful I will post about it.

Hey Waka, can you give some insight on the new Phase Walk ability, description is pretty vague and my patch is taking forever.

You forgot to mention the smashers who seem to have gotten a buff to their overall damage output and new op defensive abilities.

About phase walk:

Seems to be a kinda funny ability to play around with and do the occasional emergency interrupt or go to the goal line in Huttball quick, but imo it isn't in any way OP. The AoE is visable on the floor (so even if you do emergency interrupts with it, a clever team will find ways to counter-attack) and what is the gain in teleporting yourself out of a fight? You'd probably be better off timing the respwan on the door with your death, as you'll come out with full health and force, rather than teleporting yourself out with 30% health left and shuting yourself off a fight for x-amount of seconds.

The ability is kinda nice for full darkness though, as it increases the healing of your teammates when they stand in the Aoe.

They should have give the dps trees more team-utility and not like an ability that seem to look just shiny on the outside.

Edited by Okema

Hey Waka, can you give some insight on the new Phase Walk ability, description is pretty vague and my patch is taking forever.

It can be used while controlled, has a 1.5 channel to put the mark down (instant with a short delay to teleport back). If you use it when you have the Huttball it resets.

So it's good for node guarding as you can sit halfway from the node if you need to reinforce or w\e. It also makes the threat of being sap capped by a enemy assassin a lot scarier.

For DPS sins its a great escape that we apparently needed to be "on the same level" with current live-build marauders. But given how every assassin dps spec was gutted it doesn't make up for it.

I'm still trying to work it out and salvage this but right now its horrid. Having a lot of fun on my retard OP lightning sorc atm tho.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on the pts tomorrow, but if its even half as bad as waka says, my 2 mains will both be completely abandoned. I don't play this class to tank. Hell, I'll probably just unsub and leave this game behind, like I probably should have done forever ago.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on the pts tomorrow, but if its even half as bad as waka says, my 2 mains will both be completely abandoned. I don't play this class to tank. Hell, I'll probably just unsub and leave this game behind, like I probably should have done forever ago.

I will be making a post on the PTS, probably sometime this weekend, if I can't find a solution here. If things aren't changed and I grow tired of my Sorc I will unsub when the patch goes live and go back to playing StarCraft.

Currently thinking of possible changes and the like. Will be posting in pts forum soon.

k couldn't go sleep before I figured something out

0/29/17 is currently my favorite dps build. It's basically Mad Maul / Wakajinn 2.0.....You get Low Slash, bonus crit damage on Shock/Discharge, Entropic Field DR and big maul damage....So that's the awesome stuff you get from current live builds.

Meanwhile in Madness you get Lightning Discharge (yes you run Lightning Charge) and spec into Raze, which is the only real difference from the current Wakakjinn build.

My thought process is this: Surging Discharge is pretty much the worst thing in the game right now....Instant cast Crushing Darkness basically replaces it with similar damage on a lower cooldown. Thanks to the surge bonus on Lightning Discharge dots (thanks to Deception tree) and the fact that Maul/Shock still hit hard in this spec.

Only real issue I can see is the force cost of Shock (I still wanna use it on CD)

I can't test this in wzs too seriously due to the retarded take armor on/off and have 100k+ hp and mainstats. But I do think this spec may work since it more or less works the same as Wakajinn does on live.

Here's hoping

p.s. only thing you lose out on over full deception is maul proc on low slash/spike on a seperate rate limit. If this proc was something like a better crit chance I'd like it but meh. Though Maul is our hardest hitting ability it can be very difficult to pull off in serious rwzs consistently. If I could keep the proc in addition to death field/a good discharge I would. But I don't think it's worth losing out on Death Field for another Maul and the useless Surging Discharge. Consider Raze a bonus.

Ok I sleep now

I'm still waiting for the PTS patch to finish downloading, but I have also been planning to go hybrid lightning (from WJ) since I saw the initial datamine. When I was testing mad maul, I found that losing the upfront burst from using a global on lightning discharge hurt my effectiveness relative to WJ, even with hitting raze as soon as it proc'd.

Hopefully, the extra damage from crackling blasts makes up somewhat for it. However, losing insta-whirlwind is a painful surprise.

As for force management, just switch your gear to the 4 piece PVE force mystic, considering you only need 2 recklessness charges now instead of the third for discharge.

Edited by Calvin_Mago

As for force management, just switch your gear to the 4 piece PVE force mystic, considering you only need 2 recklessness charges now instead of the third for discharge.

Well if I understand the new set up all set bonuses are now in the armorings and no longer tied to the shell which sucks because I have two PvE set bonuses that I liked to use. It took forever to download the pts last night so now I have 9 hours of work to sit through before I get to test anything.