So uh.. been awhile since 5.10 launched.

Seterade

Regs are pretty much the same. There was an uptick in idiots medal farming for the MDC weekly reward when it was offered, but other than that the quality hasn't improved. - it seems even more lopsided than ever - complete shut-outs or walkovers.

So many quitters though, just go to the losing team scoresheet and you regularly see over a dozen players listed. - Meaning a losing game is harder to turn around with so many quitters/backfillers. - And that's the biggest kicker - that backfilling happens more often, and it's not usually a game you can turn over and win.

As for gear, most people are in what they had before 5.10 - maybe a couple of pieces if RNG has been good to them. - But it doesn't seem to make much difference overall. I certainly don't seem any more or less op with all 258 rated - apart from my 2 relics and weapons.

A lot of ppl seem to be avoiding ranked as well, which makes pops a mite faster, but the likelihood of a balanced game less.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I can do you one better Kendra! I HAVE quit playing, been over 2 months now. :cool:

I'll do you even ONE MORE BETTER than that... I've even quit posting in the forums! Oh wait. :confused: Dang it!

But in reality... yeah, I queue for regs until I get disgusted with people playing the "wrong" way (by my definition of "wrong", of course - who else's would I use?), then I quite for a while.

I took one toon through the story in ossus, and then read enough to actually understand what I'd have to do to get 258 gear and just went "meh, guess I don't need that". So I've ignored it. I've headed this sage advice...

"Do not try to gear to 258, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no 258."

And then there was something about bending spoons, but I think the sage had had a bit too much to drink by then.

Once I got all 258 pieces on my main, I immediately gave up my plan to start my alts. I didn't even finish my healing set, only 2 pieces, which is what I needed to minmax my accuracy away.

So after I had all 258s, and then minmaxed, I bought a bunch of alacrity augs to play around at 1860. It's ok.

Now I'm back to logging in, playing 1 or 2 warzones, and getting disgusted enough to log off

I'll do you even ONE MORE BETTER than that... I've even quit posting in the forums! Oh wait. :confused: Dang it!

But in reality... yeah, I queue for regs until I get disgusted with people playing the "wrong" way (by my definition of "wrong", of course - who else's would I use?), then I quite for a while.

I took one toon through the story in ossus, and then read enough to actually understand what I'd have to do to get 258 gear and just went "meh, guess I don't need that". So I've ignored it. I've headed this sage advice...

"Do not try to gear to 258, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no 258."

And then there was something about bending spoons, but I think the sage had had a bit too much to drink by then.

lol nice. Good to know all the hard work the devs did to create an exciting new gear grind has been determined to be simply not worth the effort!

Playing forumquest is more exciting than the gear grind could ever be, btw. That's why you still post, too!

Are you still getting lots of Huttball maps popping? Do you notice more premades now? Is the quality of the matches the same as usual prior to 5.10?

I just don't care enough to do the 258 gear grind. I did it for a few weeks and it's now become something I hate doing. It's the same boring loop on every character. I need more stimulation than running on a mouse wheel until I get my cheese. I'd rather just PVP and spend my time in war zones. I realize by doing so, none of my characters will get full 258 before 6.0 comes out. For me, having fun in the game is more important than being competitive. Edited by Fellow-Canadian

I mean if people stopped complaining and just put a little effort in, they would be full 258 by now. It's not that hard, and it's much faster than the gear grind at other points in the game's history. Also, as a side note, if you're blaming gear as the cause of why you're not competitive in warzones, the gear isn't the issue :eek: 248 gear is fine for everything in this game besides the new nim op.

Yeah yeah... good bye.

These whiner threads are getting boring now. If you actually bothered to with ossus a little bit sine 5.10 came out, you would have been full 258 on one char by now.

Furthermore your constant whining does not reflect the opinion of the player base. On darth malgus I see dozens of people in like 7, 8 instances on ossus doing their dailies and gearing up. In warzones the first full 258 players are starting to show up and their numbers will increase every week now.

Sure.. it's not that great to gear up, but doing a little every day for it helps and honestly gearing my main wasn't slower than getting full 248 back then.

This is not a game problem. You are just lazy...

The only thing I am angry about are the bugs that take forever to fix since 5.10.

your posts are so cute david. no one complained about the grind. we've all just said we dont care anymore... you just dont get it. we. dont. care. its not hard, we just dont care. there is no reason to do it. the meta hasnt changed in coming on 3 years and we have no 6.0 date in sight. why bother? I just had my 7th long time swtor pvp discord ID go dead. and thats just the people I know.. that doesnt include the ones who legit wont even discuss swtor anymore cuz theyve left. all of them within the last 4 months. the servers will always be full of pvers, and there will always be new blood for pvp, but this topic was posted in the pvp forum specificaly because it is directed at long time pvpers. not new blood and not pvers.

I have a 258 mara, with 240 augs.. guess what? his dmg increased by like 4% and he gained 7k hp. I feel so rewarded now that I have 7 shells on random adv classes so my mara can do 4% more dmg.meanwhile I got troll farmed by a droid boss 7 times every tuesday, and spent endless hours torturing myself in solo ranked for UC when the match was decided by who globalable nub dies first/who gets the globald hlr.

that doesnt even get into the aids of the 4 mm queues for 2 weeks, or the fact that as trash as gsf is its broken, for 2 weeks. 3 crystals anyone?

and you talk about lazy. lets not even get into how long it takes to make 1500 UC per toon with 13 minutes matchs and a 75% win rate ((this is a generous number)

Edited by Seterade

I have been in the game since launch, and recently (before Xmas after a 2 year stop) re-subbed.

I must admit I really like Ossus, I think it is the best update they did since 1.1 or 1.2 for the game itself.

For PvPers the best update they ever was 1.3 in my book.

This update is also better then some expansions they did. I feel the game is being shown the light.

Ossus is a vibrant World. Still it is a pity that some bugs are not yet fixed.

The game still has stuff I do not like, doing PvE to get gear is my biggest complain.

I wish there was a separate PvP daily for WZ and Arena maps, and separate reg que for this.

A WZ ranked return would also be nice. This would be good for the PvP community and guilds.

But anyways lets be positive for a game which seemed dead in the last years.

I mean if people stopped complaining and just put a little effort in, they would be full 258 by now. It's not that hard, and it's much faster than the gear grind at other points in the game's history. Also, as a side note, if you're blaming gear as the cause of why you're not competitive in warzones, the gear isn't the issue :eek: 248 gear is fine for everything in this game besides the new nim op.

Never said it was hard. But no way is it faster than at other points of the game's history. That is horribly wrong and you're the only person I've ever seen comment that this gearing update we have is the best one yet. I'd point to the simple gearing we had in 4.0 where you could get endgame pvp gear with only a few days played. You didn't have to juggle multiple characters to do it either!

Bolster to 252 in warzones is fine for me. No competitive issue there, in fact you can check my YouTube channel where I play undergeared characters and crush everything regardless of gear. If you want to be competitive at the highest levels of PVP then you absolutely need 258s and 240s. If you think otherwise then I sincerely hope if you queue for ranked I see you on the other team.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

I'd point to the simple gearing we had in 4.0 where you could get endgame pvp gear with only a few days played. You didn't have to juggle multiple characters to do it either!

I loved 4.0 gearing for the single reason that I could prepare for gear while leveling. I could level strictly via PvP, and when I ding'd top level would have plenty of comms to completely gear top level. All the grinding was combined together.

As far as "complaining" about the 258 grind... yeah, I don't have complaints, because for what I do (regs pvp) it just doesn't matter. Now, if it actually mattered to be effective in PvP, THEN I'd complain. Imagine, if you will, that top level gear was gated behind PvP, and that you HAD to grind "simple" PvP matches to be able to gear up to do super-master-hard-killer mode (or whatever it's called) PvE content. Are you "pve'rs" saying you would not complain? Right.

But again... no complaints, because that's not what has happened... yet.

Are you still getting lots of Huttball maps popping? Do you notice more premades now? Is the quality of the matches the same as usual prior to 5.10?

Yep, still seems to be an overabundance of HB matches. I've gotten so that I will just quit-up-front most Vandin or Quesh ones, because there's about a 90% chance everyone else will be death matching. And while Huttball is my favorite type of match, a death-match HB is my least favorite.

And you know me, I'm less willing to write off a match as "hopeless" than most people seem to be. I've taken to recording matches and saving off the ones where it was "hopeless", but where we ended up winning or at least making a good match out of it. Things like, we got double capped in the first round of AHG, or we had an arena where they had a healer and we didn't, or they blew the first door in VS in 15 seconds. Things like that, where lots of people just give up right away. I had a notion of starting a thread dedicated to "quitters" to show what they were missing out on. :p But I guess I'm just enough of a Negative Nancy about our community that I figured, "why bother".

I had a notion of starting a thread dedicated to "quitters" to show what they were missing out on. :p But I guess I'm just enough of a Negative Nancy about our community that I figured, "why bother".

Hey, quitters is an oldie but goodie! Don't let the knights tamp down your desire to vent about legitimate things! Plus, newer players can engage and enjoy a proper thread by a proper fellow about quitters!

It's been awhile since a good quitter thread was made, do it man! DEW EET!!!!! (For the horde!)

EDIT: Also, add it to the "general" section so it gets more views. I mean it aint like GEN is popping, but hey PVP section is a graveyard now.

Edited by Lhancelot

I'll do you one better... I've basically quit playing.

Thanks for the crapshoot, Musco, but I have better things to do than grindfest futlessly for months.

Wait, you dont like doing the exact same dailies, not get reqarded any conquest points for it, and then get a loot box that has a -chance- at something you may need? This is the stuff dreams are made of. Or nightmares, probably nightmares. Its like, they havent learned a f***ing thing.

I did the dailies today on my main, and I'm just not feeling it anymore. These guys, I swear its got to be an experiment in how far they can push a community before everyone quits. Every time an update is announced, I cringe. Its like, "how many people are going to quit the game this time". How did they think returning rng was a smart idea? I just can't anymore...

your posts are so cute david. no one complained about the grind. we've all just said we dont care anymore... you just dont get it. we. dont. care. its not hard, we just dont care. there is no reason to do it. the meta hasnt changed in coming on 3 years and we have no 6.0 date in sight. why bother? I just had my 7th long time swtor pvp discord ID go dead. and thats just the people I know.. that doesnt include the ones who legit wont even discuss swtor anymore cuz theyve left. all of them within the last 4 months. the servers will always be full of pvers, and there will always be new blood for pvp, but this topic was posted in the pvp forum specificaly because it is directed at long time pvpers. not new blood and not pvers.

I have a 258 mara, with 240 augs.. guess what? his dmg increased by like 4% and he gained 7k hp. I feel so rewarded now that I have 7 shells on random adv classes so my mara can do 4% more dmg.meanwhile I got troll farmed by a droid boss 7 times every tuesday, and spent endless hours torturing myself in solo ranked for UC when the match was decided by who globalable nub dies first/who gets the globald hlr.

that doesnt even get into the aids of the 4 mm queues for 2 weeks, or the fact that as trash as gsf is its broken, for 2 weeks. 3 crystals anyone?

and you talk about lazy. lets not even get into how long it takes to make 1500 UC per toon with 13 minutes matchs and a 75% win rate ((this is a generous number)

I mean.... what else are you going to do? Play the same pvp matches over and over? What would you be doing instead of grinding crystals? The same old **** ad nauseum?

The problem is little new content, and no expansion in OVER two years. Additionally, the class meta is stale so we're all bored. If I wasn't prog'ing HM Gods, and MattP wasn't making a new ops boss, I probably wouldn't be playing any more.

Solo queueing regs is pretty bad right now. The queue is full of players that can't deal damage nor do objectives. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

So for a few weeks Ossus was fun, but now it's already old and tired, and I can barely make myself run 3 toons through the dailies and weeklies. Unfortunately, I need 258's to help my raid group prog, so I'll keep slogging through it.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller